Highest Non-Stacking Trophy List

PixelHelix

2 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

I would argue if your playing a version of something you’ve already done, which shares the same plot, enemy and level design equal to the original you’ve already done, it’s the same game, just updated by the developers in some way, but it’s still the same game, with the same story etc, I would consider that to be stacked

Fair enough - Then everyone who has ever played more than one sports game of any type would be ‘stacking’ - since Fifa ‘19, Fifa ‘20, Fifa ‘21, Fifa ‘22 etc. would all fall under that interpretation… ?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Namenick_Neku said:

a comparion like

diablo 3 and diablo 3: reaper of souls?

they are the same game, reaper was just an added expansion. 

the new re-release of uncharted 4 has all the lost legacy trophies as dlc. so if you have LL plat, but no uncharted 4 plat.. doing the new rerelease and it's dlc wouldn't be considered a stack of LL. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Fair enough - Then everyone who has ever played more than one sports game of any type would be ‘stacking’ - since Fifa ‘19, Fifa ‘20, Fifa ‘21, Fifa ‘22 etc. would all fall under that interpretation… 1f602.png

Touché, but then should we consider dirt 2,3,4 stacks? If I did F1 2016 twice then that’s stacked, but again, sure that’s open to debate, I mean Ubisoft release a new assassin’s creed every year just like Codemasters do with f1 games, do we consider the ac games stacks too? No because they are by default new games, but essentially they’re just the same game with a different story line, same with the far cry games.

I don’t see them as stacks because I could do 2016 twice, that would be a stack, but yeah I’m happy to throw my list into debate with those of people feel they’re stacks, I don’t so that’s all that matters, to me anyway lol

15 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

Touché, but then should we consider dirt 2,3,4 stacks? If I did F1 2016 twice then that’s stacked, but again, sure that’s open to debate, I mean Ubisoft release a new assassin’s creed every year just like Codemasters do with f1 games, do we consider the ac games stacks too? No because they are by default new games, but essentially they’re just the same game with a different story line, same with the far cry games.

I don’t see them as stacks because I could do 2016 twice, that would be a stack, but yeah I’m happy to throw my list into debate with those of people feel they’re stacks, I don’t so that’s all that matters, to me anyway lol

Haha - yeah, I guess - I mean, I wouldn't make that argument, but given that all I was really pointing out is that there's more room for nuance and interpretation in this debate than I think you were initially allowing for...

...the mere fact that you're framing your responses as questions, kinda makes my point ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Haha - yeah, I guess - I mean, I wouldn't make that argument, but given that all I was really pointing out is that there's more room for nuance and interpretation in this debate than I think you were initially allowing for...

...the mere fact that you're framing your responses as questions, kinda makes my point 1f609.png

I’m strongly opinionated I guess, but I’m not a toxic prick, we all think differently, and anyone’s opinions should be respected as the next person, we can strongly disagree, or agree ofc, but we’re all like minded here in the sense we all love gaming, we’re all part of the community ?, I strongly disagree I can’t be included in this posts original list, because I have hidden games, none of which are stacks either but I’m not gonna cry about it lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

I’m strongly opinionated I guess, but I’m not a toxic prick, we all think differently, and anyone’s opinions should be respected as the next person, we can strongly disagree, or agree ofc, but we’re all like minded here in the sense we all love gaming, we’re all part of the community 1f44d.png, I strongly disagree I can’t be included in this posts original list, because I have hidden games, none of which are stacks either but I’m not gonna cry about it lol 

Fair play - but hey, look on the bright side - if a prerequisite to being on the list is that you can never play an alternate version of a game you loved, even if it is a new version on a better console, or a new trophy list for an existing game, or even just a game you love so much you want to replay, with the full trophy experience available to you...

...is that really a list worth being on? ?

I mean, I hope and pray I never end up in a situation where I'm enjoying the games I play so little that I would never want to replay them in a better, more robust version down the line.... that would be a terrible affliction to contract for the hobby I love ??

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Fair play - but hey, look on the bright side - if a prerequisite to being on the list is that you can never play an alternate version of a game you loved, even if it is a new version on a better console, or a new trophy list for an existing game, or even just a game you love so much you want to replay, with the full trophy experience available to you...

...is that really a list worth being on? 1f609.png

I mean, I hope and pray I never end up in a situation where I'm enjoying the games I play so little that I would never want to replay them in a better, more robust version down the line.... that would be a terrible affliction to contract for the hobby I love 1f631.png1f602.png

Me personally, I think there soooo many good games out there, we could never have the time to play them all, so I’d rather play something new over something I really loved playing before, that said, there’s a few I definitely would, if I had a PS5 I would have replayed demons souls, but I’d have done it on an alt acc and not worried about the stack, or the plat all together, I’d have played it purely for the love I have for the original, same would go for the dead space remake I hear is in development, or if they ever remade resident evil remake.. again lol

I’d be happy to put my trophy list on hold while I enjoy a few deeply loved games to avoid stacking them, only because I have a bit of ocd and just hate the idea of having 2 of the same game, just prefer each plat to be unique, but yeah I’d play them on an alt for sure, but only games that I consider special to me, but there’s so many I haven’t yet played so I’d really have to love it to choose it over something new

luckily there’s been a few games that I enjoyed in the past that didn’t have trophies so I’ve been able to enjoy them again and got the plat for the first time, can’t wait for the RE4 remake personally 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

Me personally, I think there soooo many good games out there, we could never have the time to play them all, so I’d rather play something new over something I really loved playing before, that said, there’s a few I definitely would, if I had a PS5 I would have replayed demons souls, but I’d have done it on an alt acc and not worried about the stack, or the plat all together, I’d have played it purely for the love I have for the original, same would go for the dead space remake I hear is in development, or if they ever remade resident evil remake.. again lol

It's Capcom mate - I'm sure we'll see Resident Evil 2 Remake Super, then Resident Evil 2 Remake Ultra ?

I’d be happy to put my trophy list on hold while I enjoy a few deeply loved games to avoid stacking them, only because I have a bit of ocd and just hate the idea of having 2 of the same game, just prefer each plat to be unique, but yeah I’d play them on an alt for sure, but only games that I consider special to me, but there’s so many I haven’t yet played so I’d really have to love it to choose it over something new

Hey, I'm sort of with you... but then, there's so many games that i'll never get to regardless, and sometimes the comfort food of an old favourite is something I'm happy to return to, and the trophy list helps to keep me focussed in games. I'm still planning on FFVIIR and Control PS5 versions... been saying that for like a year though, too many new games keeping me on my toes for the moment... and old games adding DLC ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

I agree with Shmeefly mostly.  If a game has a story, so its not a puzzle game in most cases for example, I consider playing the game for the story first.  So like Lego Indiana Jones on a PS3 and on the VITA with different playstyles, yet the same "story" to me seems like the same game.  

I do see the other side of the discussion here in the case of sports games where each year you would think its the same game since the sport is never changing, however the players and their teams they are on change every year so teams & players that are good/bad are moving around altering the teams you can play as for easier success.

The Trine 2 case is a unique scenario as well, where no, I would not play the game twice even with different trophy lists.

Ultimately if I was doing that new website or the idea of this ranking system, I would include:

* Games with an original title

>  Trophies with an original title underneath game title

So in this case I'm looking for unique titles of games, all uniques would be included as non-stack.

Then I would want it searching for any unique titles of trophies if there were any stacks or matches.  So if it sees Walking Dead PS3 and PS4, its only going to keep one of the lists as the trophy names are the same, and not count the other.   Yet in other games like a Lego Indiana Jones it would search for original game title, find that there is a match between PS3 and VITA, then it would compare trophy titles and if they are named differently under the same game, then they are all unique trophies.

In a case like the Last of Us and the Last of Us Remastered, even if the trophies are the same name, I would say for ease of programming and so many possible special scenarios I would count them as two different games.

Edited by LegendExeter

5 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

If it’s the same game, it’s a stack, bulletstorm/bulletstorm full clip are the same game, trophies may be different but you’re still playing the same game twice, you also had black ops 3 twice if I remember correctly.

A stacked game is not down to “personal interpretation” lol it’s either on their twice or it isn’t, if it’s on their list twice or more, it’s a stack. Plain and simple.

Actually, it is up to personal interpretation, to an extent. However, there are obvious stacks that nobody can deny. You can have your opinion and believe what you want, and others will do the same. I'm not here to convince you my belief should be everyone else's. I'm just stating what I consider to be a stack, which is more to do with the actual trophy lists, not the game title. I think that's a really frail metric, but that's just my opinion. As far as the game content, there are games that range from small to major differences. Take games like Payday 2 and Payday 2 Crimewave Edtion, or Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV. Most of the content is very similar, but there are some new additions. This is how I see Black Ops III because there isn't even a singleplayer for the PS3 version, which I think you might be unaware. I hope nothing in my posts comes off as me being impertinent. I don't have anything against you, or anyone who believes the way you do. I just wanted to put out my own ideas on the matter.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PrinceOfPeace said:

Actually, it is up to personal interpretation, to an extent. However, there are obvious stacks that nobody can deny. You can have your opinion and believe what you want, and others will do the same. I'm not here to convince you my belief should be everyone else's. I'm just stating what I consider to be a stack, which is more to do with the actual trophy lists, not the game title. I think that's a really frail metric, but that's just my opinion. As far as the game content, there are games that range from small to major differences. Take games like Payday 2 and Payday 2 Crimewave Edtion, or Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV. Most of the content is very similar, but there are some new additions. This is how I see Black Ops III because there isn't even a singleplayer for the PS3 version, which I think you might be unaware. I hope nothing in my posts comes off as me being impertinent. I don't have anything against you, or anyone who believes the way you do. I just wanted to put out my own ideas on the matter.

Technically, and for the purpose of simplification and fair guidelines in such a leaderboard that excludes stacks, I think it’s fair to define a stack as any time a game appears twice or more on a person’s trophy list. Period. And it’s probably fair to say that most people think this way. So in this way Schmeefly is correct.

But in actuality I tend to fully agree with your opinion, and I think like everything else in life there’s a bit of a grey area that is open to personal interpretation when examining the concept of trophy stacking, and there are many different attitudes and views towards platinuming a game twice (or more) which is heavily dependant on what game it is and what that situation looks like. For ex. most people are going to feel very differently about stacking The Witcher 3 twice compared to stacking a 5 minute Ratalaika game, even though on paper it’s all the same thing.

There are undoubtedly some unique situations out there too. Take a game like Dark Souls 2 as an example. You could earn the platinum twice on PS3 & PS4 and while it’s certainly considered a stack, the version of each is different enough to the point where it’s practically a completely different game due to all the changes from the original. There are also some examples of the same game having completely different trophy lists between versions which imo is completely debateable as to whether this even constitutes a stack or not.

I almost fulfill the no stacking requirement, but I played both Dark Souls and the remastered version on PS4 since I never had the DLC on PS3. But I never got the platinum on either (didn't even beat the last boss on remastered!). I never even knew stacking was a thing until I joined this site, but I did find the idea that I could get trophies for the "same" game twice kind of weird.

• 6 months later...