Call of Duty: Ghosts General Discussion

Parker

So, anyone else playing this? I rented a copy from Redbox and just beat the campaign so I'll be hopping on multiplayer later. The campaign was decent and offered a lot of variety but I saw the ending coming a mile away. Still, the important thing is that the game feels great and the general game mechanics are up to the CoD standard. 

So, what does everyone else think about the game? Did you enjoy it? Hate it? How is the multiplayer?

Also, please no trolling. I understand that there are plenty of people that dislike the series and that is fine but this isn't the thread for it. I don't want comments like "hurr, the dawg is teh only ting cawwadooty improved" or anything like that, nor do I want Battlefield comparisons. This thread is for CoD: Ghosts discussion and that alone. Of course I welcome legitimate criticism to the game itself (not the franchise) but please PSNP, stay classy. Thank you.

Parker 

• Like 2

Campaign

I haven't finished the campaign yet however so far I like that they've toned down the violence in this game. My memory is fuzzy on this but Modern Warfare 2 and maybe both Black Ops games offered an option of omitting a gameplay situation w/o affecting the game. This one doesn't. And remember the beginning scene in Black Ops 2? Yeah so far haven't come across scenes like that.

So far I'm impressed w/ campaign. I'm not looking for brilliance I'm looking for gameplay w/o monotony & adding Riley as a usable character is fun.

Multiplayer

I'm not a fan of the Black Ops II loadout setup but it's back in a modified way. It's better but still not MW3 which remains my favorite. The multiplayer games have run well though with no noticeable lag & games have been running without a lengthy wait time in between games. Some of the maps though have way too many rooms making it harder to find opponents or are too big, limiting kills based on distance to travel. Still the gameplay is better IMO to Black Ops II.

No Zombies

Last, Zombies take a break and are now replaced by alien creatures that move as agile but even faster than the enemies in Rage did. It's ok but I would prefer Zombies to aliens.

Edited by rallysportev

Well after 4 or so games of Team Deathmatch I'm not liking the multiplayer so far. It seems to take one bullet for the enemy to kill me while I have to put 5 or 6 in them to kill. I'll play more but first impressions aren't good. 

Parker

Is this game any good? Haven't picked up a Call of Duty game in years and for some reason the itch is creeping back.

th_Picture1-1.png

What is the last CoD you've played? Personally I enjoyed MW, MW2 and Blops II multiplayer more than Ghosts, but I think the Ghosts campaign is better than both of the Blops but lags behind MW and MW2. 

I'll be playing more multiplayer before I make a decision to purchase it or not. 

Also, does anyone know if there is CoD Elite support? I have my own clan (with me being the only member, message if you'd like to join) but this game doesn't seem to recognize that I'm in it. 

Parker

Well after 4 or so games of Team Deathmatch I'm not liking the multiplayer so far. It seems to take one bullet for the enemy to kill me while I have to put 5 or 6 in them to kill. I'll play more but first impressions aren't good. 

Parker

Rally says: Written reviews on a respectable site points to players have an fairly equal advantage when it comes to the use of one type of gun versus another. However if you explore your load-outs, there are options to choose armor piercing bullets and vests however you have to give up some other perks to utilize these.

Also, does anyone know if there is CoD Elite support? I have my own clan (with me being the only member, message if you'd like to join) but this game doesn't seem to recognize that I'm in it. 

Parker

Rally says: Sorry but C.O.D. Elite will not be brought in to Elite support. They are keeping it separate from Ghosts because Ghosts will operate clans differently. Part of it has to do with the ability to cross platform your stats of Ghost from PS3 to PS4 and Xbox 360 to Xbox One.

More specific info can be found at official website:

http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/ghosts/blog/2013/10/10/call-of-duty-ghosts-early-clan-registration-faq#.UnpqRs_nbb0

Edited by rallysportev
  • Like 1

Thanks for the information. So since I'm not a smart phone owner I can't join or create a clan it seems. Why the hell are developers making some parts of their game only accessible if you have a smart phone or tablet? It was bad enough that I couldn't train Chop on GTA V, now I can't participate in a clan with Ghosts? Oh well, it isn't a big deal in the long run. 

Parker

• Like 2

Thanks for the information. So since I'm not a smart phone owner I can't join or create a clan it seems. Why the hell are developers making some parts of their game only accessible if you have a smart phone or tablet? It was bad enough that I couldn't train Chop on GTA V, now I can't participate in a clan with Ghosts? Oh well, it isn't a big deal in the long run. 

Parker

these developers seem to think since tweens are facebook and iphone users that they need to incorporate that crap into it... BF4 replaced the spot enemies button with a battlelog thing which to me was god awful retarded.... GTA V like you said, had things you could only do with the ifruit app...they should focus more on the game and less on this social media garbage.... soon games will require you to have a twitter account for 6 months and subscribe to every game developer possible... bunch of frutadas...

Playing the Campaign at the moment and I'm really enjoying it. Much better than Blops II campaign in my opinion. Multiplayer isn't too bad, they've improved matchmaking which is brilliant. Squads is cool as well, haven't checked out all the modes on it but I've enjoyed what I've played so far. I was a little disappointed with Extinction but I'm gonna give that more of a try later. 

hurr, the dawg is teh only ting cawwadooty improved!

(sorry Parker, I thought that was pretty funny so had to open with that;)  )

Seriously though, just wanted to ask some questions -

• Was Riley (I'm guessing thats the dog) gimmicky or did he actually add to the gameplay?
  • Does Riley die?
  • In MP, are there any modes that stand out in a positive way? Any new features that stood out in a positive way?
  • On average how long did it take people to beat the campaign on "Veteran"?
  • Now that it is released, what are CoD fans top 3? Does this make the list?

Oh, and 1 final question . . . where does the "Ghosts" in the title come from?

Thanks! :)

hurr, the dawg is teh only ting cawwadooty improved!

(sorry Parker, I thought that was pretty funny so had to open with that;)  )

Seriously though, just wanted to ask some questions -

• Was Riley (I'm guessing thats the dog) gimmicky or did he actually add to the gameplay?
  • Does Riley die?
  • In MP, are there any modes that stand out in a positive way? Any new features that stood out in a positive way?
  • On average how long did it take people to beat the campaign on "Veteran"?
  • Now that it is released, what are CoD fans top 3? Does this make the list?

Oh, and 1 final question . . . where does the "Ghosts" in the title come from?

Thanks! :)

I'll answer what I can, some are going to be spoilers though.

1. Surprisingly, Riley actually did add to the gameplay a little bit. There is a very short part where you can control him and it is sort of like a little stealth section. It is short enough to stay cool and it doesn't happen often enough to become a gimmick. When you're not playing as Riley and he is with you, you can hit the L2 button when you're targeting someone to have Riley go and kill him. It is useful when there are multiple enemies. 

2. Nope. He gets shot but doesn't die.

3. From what I've heard Cranked and Blitz are both supposed to be very fun. Cranked goes well with the super fast CoD gameplay and pretty much eliminates all camping, so for those who hate campers this is the mode you should be playing. I've only played a bit of TDM and I am enjoying it a lot more than I previously was. I started using other guns and finally found one I really like so the game is coming together for me. 

4. I can't say personally for this particular title, but it took me between 10-12 hours on the other CoD titles I bothered to complete on Veteran. 

5. For me personally my favorite modern CoD games are in this order. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and a tie between the Blops games and Ghosts. I enjoyed the Ghosts campaign more than both the Blops campaigns but I haven't decided on multiplayer just yet. Ghosts may very well take 3rd place once I start to get into the multiplayer portion. 

As for where the Ghosts name comes from, the Ghosts are a special unit, kind of like the Black Ops that are very skilled and very lethal while having very few members. You play as a member (well, you become a member in the campaign) which is why it is in the title.

Parker

I doubt I will buy it since blops 2 which I didn't even pay for (came with console) was pretty meh imo, however I did ask one my friends who buys it every year on skype if he liked it or not and he said nope, with main complaints being maps were too big for a cod game and guns killed so fast yet your gun appears to not be as effective. All he plays is mutiplayer though so the campaign may be decent as some of you mentioned above, but not a good sign none the less because most cod players usually have the 1-4 week(s) honeymoon saying 'this is cod the best one eva' and 2 months later they hate it.

So it seems you can create a clan on the console but not much else. Some had taken my clan name (Led Zeppelin) so to see if that was the issue I tried to make a PSNProfiles clan and it worked. So now there is a PSNP clan but nothing I can do with it. Great...

Parker

OK, so my wife is an XBox fan and a Call of Duty fan (I feel so dirty admitting both those things . . .), so I got this for her for our Anniversary. Get ready for what I'm about to say because I will never say it again . . . .

I saw the opening of CoD: Ghosts last night and it was the single best opening of a single player campaign that I have seen for either Call of Duty or Battlefield!!!!!! [i still have not played Battlefield 4 single player, only MP so far]

I will admit I am seriously considering getting it for PS3 after what I saw. Very good narration, back story and presentation from what I've seen so far.

If anyone's got a strong clan going drop me an add/invite please; really wanna play some clan wars to get all those lovely unlocks!

I'm UK based, 17 and a decent/average player (2.05 K/D at the moment) and I play well in a good team.

PSN: Animated_JoeJoe

Edited by Animated_JoeJoe

• 1 month later...