Remnant Trophy Guide Revisions

When the game was patched for online coop? I played with my siblings almost whole January and no matter who was the host always the enemies scaled to the highest player, I tried being host with very weak weapons/armor and still enemies were as strong as stronger character.

6 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

When the game was patched for online coop? I played with my siblings almost whole January and no matter who was the host always the enemies scaled to the highest player, I tried being host with very weak weapons/armor and still enemies were as strong as stronger character.

the game has always had online coop but the scaling has changed since release. Currently, enemies can only scale 3 levels higher then the hosts highest level item. If one item has been over leveled in comparison, the difficulty will spike.

44 minutes ago, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

So this is the current plan with the guide. I have made a few corrections to the guide that is currently out but have not included the expansion information into the guides content listed above as of yet. Since I want to incorporate the expansion content into the guide, I am re-writing the entire guide from the ground up as another "Complete Trophy Guide" Gameplay Guide similar to how I wrote Warframe. When the gameplay guide is completed, I will be delisting the current trophy guide off the site to avoid any confusion and provide a complete experience with more detailed information, the screenshots, videos, and items. While the two DLC packs contain separate modes from the base game, items and character progression is tied to both experiences that can progress trophy requirements for the base title. While the new guide is under construction, please feel free to continue using the current guide if you are and reference the above information. 

Thank you for the continued support and helping me to test out changes and bugs from launch to the current patch in order to correctly update how to obtain certain trophies currently and their quirky unlock requirements. Please feel free to provide any additional information while I continue to work on the updated guide and good luck on everyone's Platinum and 100%.

Appreciate your efforts, thank you.

Edited by SecondGenesis

1 hour ago, StanPortrBridges said:

Are you going to have some sort of better method of getting the coin, ring and farming for late game materials other than mindless re-rolling and tedious combing?

My intention is to take screenshots of locations that I find the coin and the ring along with editing mini map snapshots over the course of multiple playthroughs to see if I can find some sort of consistency among the random generation. Currently, the known information is that it can spawn almost anywhere but there is a chance that there may be certain areas that it can appear in to limit the scope of Earth. Due to the scope of this, it could be a long period of time before this gets implemented in the guide. I will be doing the same process for all of the "Encounters" as well to better indicate when a player has entered the correct area for the guide. While "Encounters" are still Randomly generated into the game, unlike the ring and coin, they have specific set pieces in the area that determine if the "encounter" is there or not. As far as materials go, materials are supposed to drop based on player level in adventure and campaign. Additionally, there are items listed in the current guide that increase the amount of scrap collected and items can be sold or traded at the vendor in ward 13 for additional currency and materials. 

While these are my intentions, the random generation of the game still creates complications in adding specifics on where or how to get certain items. There is a limit to how much can be expected with a game that changes layouts every time its played.

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, andrehunter said:

Hey.

I read somewhere that you don't need to play the game online at all now to get the plat, is that true?

As far as I remember, the only trophy that required you to play online was the one for acquiring 30 traits, since there were not enough single player traits. If you have the DLC, they add some traits that can be gotten offline and count towards the trophy. 

So, yeah, you can plat this game entirely offline IF you own the DLC. 

11 hours ago, Arcesius said:

As far as I remember, the only trophy that required you to play online was the one for acquiring 30 traits, since there were not enough single player traits. If you have the DLC, they add some traits that can be gotten offline and count towards the trophy. 

So, yeah, you can plat this game entirely offline IF you own the DLC. 

Do you know for sure if it's. needed to own the DLC? 

On 05/10/2021 at 8:06 PM, SnowxSakura said:

Yes it is. There's only 28 non-mp required traits in the base game 

https://remnantfromtheashes.fandom.com/wiki/Traits

I just gotten the trophy for 30 traits without going online once, and without owning the dlc's, unless the psplus version was the complete edition.

So if anyone is wondering you can get the plat of this game without going online.

6 minutes ago, andrehunter said:

I just gotten the trophy for 30 traits without going online once, and without owning the dlc's, unless the psplus version was the complete edition.

So if anyone is wondering you can get the plat of this game without going online.

The Plus version is the vanilla release but the DLCs were on sale at the same time. Both the patches and DLCs added new traits to the game but most of the new ones were DLC exclusives.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The Plus version is the vanilla release but the DLCs were on sale at the same time. Both the patches and DLCs added new traits to the game but most of the new ones were DLC exclusives.

Yeah I think this is it. The game received some patches as the DLC released, and some additional content, including some new Traits, were added through the patches without having to purchase the related DLC. 

The vanilla version did not have enough offline-traits to get the plat entirely offline. This should be reflected in the guide. 

1 minute ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I'm about to meet the Undying King. I don't want to give him the heart because i want the crossbow weapon. Can i accept his quest and betray him later or i have to refuse and fight him immediately. Trophy wise, what's the best option?

There's no other way round it to my knowledge - You have to finish the game twice to get the respective trophies and items, once to give the heart to the Queen and once to the King.

13 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

There's no other way round it to my knowledge - You have to finish the game twice to get the respective trophies and items, once to give the heart to the Queen and once to the King.

But can i accept the quest and betray him? If i refuse i read i have to fight him immediately

6 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

But can i accept the quest and betray him? If i refuse i read i have to fight him immediately

Once you have given the heart to the Queen, you are then forced to fight and therefore betray the king to end the mission since you no longer have the heart in your possession so can't turn it in to avoid fighting him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Can i accept his quest and betray him later or i have to refuse and fight him immediately. 

If you tell him you'll  get the guardian's  heart,the game doesn't force you to give it to him after accepting his request, if that's what you're asking. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2021 at 11:24 PM, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

My intention is to take screenshots of locations that I find the coin and the ring along with editing mini map snapshots over the course of multiple playthroughs to see if I can find some sort of consistency among the random generation. Currently, the known information is that it can spawn almost anywhere but there is a chance that there may be certain areas that it can appear in to limit the scope of Earth. Due to the scope of this, it could be a long period of time before this gets implemented in the guide. I will be doing the same process for all of the "Encounters" as well to better indicate when a player has entered the correct area for the guide. While "Encounters" are still Randomly generated into the game, unlike the ring and coin, they have specific set pieces in the area that determine if the "encounter" is there or not. As far as materials go, materials are supposed to drop based on player level in adventure and campaign. Additionally, there are items listed in the current guide that increase the amount of scrap collected and items can be sold or traded at the vendor in ward 13 for additional currency and materials. 

While these are my intentions, the random generation of the game still creates complications in adding specifics on where or how to get certain items. There is a limit to how much can be expected with a game that changes layouts every time its played.

Was this ever done? Haven't touched it since then and it's 60fps now.

50 minutes ago, StanPortrBridges said:

Was this ever done? Haven't touched it since then and it's 60fps now.

A bunch of revisions were made to the guide that is currently out but I am still trying to work on the full guide rewrite when friends are available. As the group that I planned to work on the guide content with has not been active on the game, this has been slowed extensively. 

• 8 months later...

As an update to the guide revisions, my group has finally started to work through the game and I have already started to add corrections and take screenshots. 

Current changes are as follows:

• Brabus encounter trait can only be obtained by the last man standing when defeating your team mates. One player in coop.
  • Tree Encounter can no longer be killed after rewarding the trait.
  • Tree Encounter trait can only be obtained to the player wearing the mask that starts the dialogue. One player in coop.

I will continue to update information as we reach the content.

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 9:30 AM, HuntingFever said:

I don't know if Equipment Enthusiast is broken or if the requirements were changed at some point so certain armour sets don't count but I had to get 13 armour sets before the trophy popped :(.

I actually included the reason for that in the trophy guide. If for whatever reason you mix and matched armor sets it can make things worse.

When trying to earn the Trophies such as obtaining 10 armor pieces and 15 mods, make sure to unequip all of your armor and mods for them to count. The Trophies only credit the total in your inventory and do not count what is equipped. To avoid having issues obtaining these trophies, unequip your armor and mods before obtaining new ones. If you do not obtain these Trophies after reaching the Trophy amount listed, you will need to earn a new one with all mods and armor unequipped. Depending on the class chosen at the beginning of the tutorial, your starting equipment will also not count and effect how many mods and armor is required for the Trophies.

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob

• 11 months later...

So I wanted to make some clarifications and update people on my Guide Revisions. There was a lot of feedback and frustration from people on my guide for not including locations that items could spawn in the game. Since then, I have done multiple playthroughs with multiple people to verify what I already knew. Every randomly generated tile (not world) of the game has about 50 or more item spawn locations that I have been able to find. Any item based on the World can spawn in any of these locations including the chance to spawn nothing. After taking 100's of screenshots for item spawn locations, there was no consistent way to determine where an item specifically spawns. For this reason, it's not possible for me to provide a location for trophy related quest items that has illuded players other then telling them the World the item spawns in and it would be pointless in trying to provide screenshots. 

I am still doing one major guide revision. I will be editing the guide with better labels for events and locations so that it will be easier for people to know when they have reached an event area or story location of the game. Since support for the game is complete with the release of Remnant 2, this will be my last guide revision on Remnant From the Ashes. While I had originally intended to make an all inclusive guide containing base game and expansion information, dlc guides have been written and I have already compiled and added the update content into the current guide version. Overall this guide was a nightmare with trophies changing requirements, updates, trophies that don't always unlock properly, expansions impacting base game, and more. I will do what I can to better polish the guide that is out and for anyone else that plans to start the game. 

• Like 1