Australian servers are empty.

PIECREAM-4-U

To any fellow Aussies here the Australian servers are mostly dead. It's a double exp weekend and 3pm on a weekend and I can't find a game.

I can find games on USA and European servers (usually 1 of 2 maps only) but it's laggy  and I experience rubber banding.

As far as I'm concerned this game is DOA.

Edited by Dan-lives-here

20 minutes ago, The_Jigsaw_Cult said:

Maybe we form an Aussie only boosting group to smash this game out

That may be the only way ^

Though I don’t play this game in particular I can definitely feel your pain as that’s been my experience with other titles. I had to self boost UFC 2 with two consoles because I couldn’t connect to anyone, ever. Yet other friends in different regions connected just fine. As disappointing as it is, it may also make it much easier to boost if you can round people up.

Australian (or Oceania) multiplayer servers have never been very populated for many games which can be a problem for Aussies living with low connection speeds. For years Australia is falling behind overall in the internet evolution game played by the rest of the first world and there are plenty of reasons for this ranging from geographical difficulties (being a large desert island where almost two-thirds of the population live in either Sydney or Melbourne) to political/economic bullshit that's not worth my attention.

Personally I've got very good average connection speeds for both downloads and uploads so joining North American or European servers is not a problem. I'm most worried about games that have region locked servers unless you're EU friend is playing the game too and you join their EU server. Another big limit that can go on top is skill-based matchmaking. My brother was very high in the Overwatch competitive mode ranks having played the game since launch. Due to the nature of game mode and Blizzard's region locking it was often difficult to find likewise players so like many he would switch to one of his smurf accounts to make it easier to get into the game. He stopped playing Overwatch as soon as the Oceania servers were closed and replaced with the Asian code.

As for Destruction All-Stars, I claimed it from PlayStation Plus ready for when I purchase a PS5 but have absolutely no interest for it. It's just another one of those ambitious multiplayer concepts heavily inspired by Rocket League, Fortnite and Fall Guys first released for PS Plus subscribers but severely declines in popularity after a few months. Remember Disc Jam from 2017? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Edited by Miles Vanilla
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Sikutai said:

The Servers in Europe are always full, I play daily and find a match very fast. Btw, Australian Servers are always empty, in every game! Why do they need their own servers there? How many people live in Australia, 1 Million?

You're really ignorant. There are 25 million people living here. The european server and US server are super laggy and terrible to play on. 

Thankfully I just got the Platinum with a combination of boostng and normal play.

Terrible game. Good riddance.

Edited by Dan-lives-here
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dan-lives-here said:

You're really ignorant. There are 25 million people living here. The european server and US server are super laggy and terrible to play on. 

Thankfully I just got the Platinum with a combination of boostng and normal play.

Terrible game. Good riddance.

1 million... lol. Even New Zealand has 5 million. I guess I won't start this game now since, as mentioned, the servers are pretty much dead.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Conker said:

So this is easy to boost for Australians then? Can people from elsewhere access these servers?

It should be easy but the game makes it hard because it's just a buggy mess. There's no group system and it requires someone to be a good organiser to get everyone to que at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...