Playstation 5 - Game Strategy

Stedde

Hopefully I will soon be able to get a Playstation 5.

However, my Backlog of Playstation 4 is huge and I guess am not alone. ?

I get the feeling that alot (and we have seen it already) Playstation 4 games will come remastered/a PS5 version.

My thought was to ”hold off" on playing any more PS4 (Big titles) that are in my backlog with the hope that they will turn up for PS5.

For example, I don't have the time/luxury to start playing Death Stranding now on PS4 and then if the rumours are true, it will drop for PS5. Then I would rather wait.

So what is your strategy to not play a PS4 game that just a week/month later get released on PS5?

3 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

My strategy is to play my PS3 backlog instead. 1f602.png

Same. I'm making it my goal to get that done before I get a PS5, since I literally don't have room for one right now with how many consoles I have hooked up to my TV currently anyway. I'm mainly trying to finally finish off my PS3, PS Vita and Wii U backlogs currently, and only really playing PS4 on the side nowadays.

I have way, way too many games in my PS4 backlog (like literally around 400 last I checked) to really concern myself about those any time too soon. I'll likely eventually migrate entirely to the PS5 when I eventually get one anyway and play the remainder of my PS4 games on there, assuming there's no compatibility issues with any of them (keeping my PS4 around in case there are). And at that point, I'll just consider the PS4 backlog part of my PS5 backlog. I already consider all my digital PSP, PS1 and PS2 classics part of my PS Vita and PS3 backlogs, since that's what I have them on.

I'm at the point now where Square Enix is re-releasing/remastering games that I've literally had in my backlog for 10+ years, so yeah... I don't really care much at this point if a game I already own on PS4 ends up getting ported to PS5, especially since we're no longer in that era where there's drastic differences between the last and current gen versions of games, like in the PS1 to PS2 transition period. It does annoy me a bit that games I bought less than a year ago are now getting ported to PS5 with extra content (e.g. Void Terrarium, FF7 remake), but unless a game has significant more content on PS5, I'm probably not gonna bother to re-buy it. Especially since so many games have free digital upgrades anyway.

• Like 2

Maybe play your PS4 games and if they do get a PS5 upgrade autopop your trophies or play again if that is your thing. I'm waiting to see if they have save transfers available for some PS4 backlog games I have, and if they do, I may start the PS4 version and then transfer my save to PS5 and pop my trophies then. If not, I will play the PS5 version if and once available. There is a strategy one should follow if you are a particular trophy hunter. Maximize your time and the number of trophies earned that is my approach. In the end, your decision and approach will be up to you. You got this!

• Like 1

The PS3 backlog is getting farther and farther away. ;)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I will probably create a Wishlist of PS4 that I will hold off on and keep an eye up for news.

Then as enter the next-gen I am going to be a lot harder on myself to get 100% before moving on. ?
Maybe add a rule every 5 game must be a PS3 game? 

If you've heard about a remaster then I suggest holding off and waiting for it. 

If nothing has been announced I suggest going ahead and playing the PS4 version on the PS5. 

The PS5 will boost the performance even if it isn't a remaster. These games perform noticeably better, for example I started Star Wars Squadrons on PS4 and finished it on PS5. Despite not being a remaster, frame rate was better and more stable, textures looked better as did depth of field. Trophy progression carried over without any issues either! 

As other posts have mentioned, PS5 remasters don't make a huge improvement in terms of textures, the big difference in my opinion is if they offer a 60 frame per second option. This makes the game silky smooth. 

Edited by Rando-Calrisian-
  • Like 1

The thing with Death Stranding is that it's actually a pretty fast Plat and the boost in a PS5 port visually and performance-wise would probably be marginal, not a completely redefining experience. Factor in that trophies might auto-pop for most re-released games. If they add new content for the PS5 release then you could also jump right on it like many were able to do for Spider-Man which got a few new trophies for PS5.

13 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

The thing with Death Stranding is that it's actually a pretty fast Plat and the boost in a PS5 port visually and performance-wise would probably be marginal, not a completely redefining experience. Factor in that trophies might auto-pop for most re-released games. If they add new content for the PS5 release then you could also jump right on it like many were able to do for Spider-Man which got a few new trophies for PS5.

huh? 5 starring every facility and reaching level 60 in all delivery types are a long grind

Edited by TalalHmd

11 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

huh? 5 starring every facility and reaching level 60 in all delivery types are a long grind

Plenty of people average Platting the game around three weeks with still having a life.

Longer games exist.

That's assuming he even wants the Plat. If he just wants to hit the credits, you halve that time and can beat the game in under a week and a half.