Finding this game boring?

jack_a_snacks

I'd like to know if anyone else shares my opinion which is there isn't enough track or car variety in this game?

I don't play racing games and picked this up on sale as a break from the RPG genre. The trophy list is very easy and i am working on finishing off the platinum but i feel as though i play the same 2 or 3 tracks all the time. I also don't like the fact they have them in reverse too and make out like its a new map but you're only driving the other way.

The audio of the cars sound very similar too. Aside from racing an electric car which i found amusing at first as there is no audio at all other than your tyres on the ground. Anyone else find this game boring after maybe the 10th race? Felt like i had seen all it had at around 1 or 2 hours in.

Edit: I have played all of the DLC and no this doesn't add anything else to the game. The tracks are the same base game ones you just drove 25 hours on.

Edited by jack_a_snacks
Clarification
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lianco said:

Well, it IS 2021. Want more content? Buy the DLC pls.

What a stupid thing to say.

I love NFS games, but, I did find it too repetitive. That's why I have put the platinum on hold untill I have nothing else left to play. 

Good game though. But, can be boring quickly. IMO.

Edited by Mattematics-94
  • Like 1

DIRT games were always like that. Very little variety, with a boring multiplayer grind. If you want a racing game to simply race around have fun without having to stress about shit, I'd recommend The Crew 2. Very enjoyable game for everyone who just wants to chill in a V12 car. 

• Like 2

It definitely gets boring near the end. I loved this game overall; one of the best racing games I've played on PS4, but it definitely didn't have enough cars. I would have bought the game + DLC in a heartbeat if they weren't just car packs. The state of racing games this generation (or I guess, last) is shameful.

36 minutes ago, Lianco said:

The DLC doesn't add new tracks, so what new content are you referring to?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Lianco said:

I have played the DLC. I 100% both of the trophy list for the DLC before finishing the base game as i wanted to see if it offered anything more interesting (it didn't)

16 hours ago, Mattematics-94 said:

What a stupid thing to say.

I love NFS games, but, I did find it too repetitive. That's why I have put the platinum on hold untill I have nothing else left to play. 

Good game though. But, can be boring quickly. IMO.

Yeah i just responded to the guy above. I don't know why his solution to making a base game more interesting is to buy the DLC that isn't consumer friendly. I am almost finished with chapter 3 races. Getting tedious though.

16 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Fun fact about the DLC's which I both played is it's also the same maps. 

Yeah can confirm it is the same stuff repeated again. Was frustrated as i got 2 or 3 races in to each DLC to find it wasn't what i would consider DLC.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This game is easy as piss, but I kind of enjoy it as a "turn off my brain" game if I'm tired at the end of the day. Or as something to grind easy trophies with between main games. It's just extremely breezy on intermediate. I pop it down to casual for the whack sprint car races that I can't be bothered to get good at lol. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed the Dirt games up until this one. It has lost something. I miss the Rallycross and actual Rally Stages that Dirt 4 had. I also found I enjoyed Gymkhana levels in Dirt 3 more than I did in this game. I just find the earlier games seem to have more variety. I have played all the DLC in this one only because I need the mileage trophy to get the platinum. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...