My PSN just got hacked...

Rubieno

About 5 mins ago I tried to log in to PSN but it told me that I had the wrong password! Luckily, I could recover it but it's quite scaring...

I have no idea how this could have happened, I don't gameshare or anything... Does anybody else know something?

Btw, I got hacked a lot in the past by some computer nerd that was at the same school as me

Ruben

My account has been hacked 3 times in the past...though 2 of those times was my own fault.

The first time i foolishly gameshared with a stranger (about 3-4 years ago) and he changed the password, no surprise there.

The second time i gameshared again with somebody i knew and actively talked to on PSN for about 2 years but it turns out he was a dick and stole my account. (His reason was my golden gun camo in Black Ops  :rolleyes: )

It's safe to say i will NEVER gameshare again.

The third time is pretty much the same reason as Rubieno's, i don't know what happened...i just couldn't log in and it told me my password was incorrect so i had to call Sony.

Edited by Goro

I had that problem last night. I couldn't log into the network on either ps3 or vita. It just kept telling me my password was incorrect. I had to reset it via the website. Strange thing is I used the exact same password when I reset it.

Exact same thing happened to me a couple months ago. I just added a few characters to my password

Choose more difficult passwords to guess, which is exactly what these "hackers" are doing.

The fact is they're not hacking anything, you're just too lazy to come up with a stronger password. If your passwords look like this, or like this, you're a complete bonehead and deserve to be "hacked".

Use non-dictionary words (brute force attacks run through all the words in the dictionary) and don't use your username, real name, birthdate or easily guessed sequences like 123456 or qwerty and FFS...never use password!

Edited by ant1th3s1s

Mine just failed auto sign-in despite working fine 3 hours ago, now I won't accept my password or my mail address and since it won't accept those I can't get the website to reset it for me because i'm not logged in there unless something like this happens.

When you try to log in just choose 'Forgot my password' it will send a link to your email so you can bypass having to use the website.

Choose more difficult passwords to guess, which is exactly what these "hackers" are doing.

The fact is they're not hacking anything, you're just too lazy to come up with a stronger password.

I don't think it's a hacking problem, it seems more like a network problem.

• Like 3

When you try to log in just choose 'Forgot my password' it will send a link to your email so you can bypass having to use the website.

I don't think it's a hacking problem, it seems more like a network problem.

that's the thing I try inputting my address and my date of birth and it says the information is invalid.

I'm doing exactly that, but the link in the e-mail directs me to the website and I'm getting the "page not found" error after clicking the link. It's so frustrating.