Yuber's ArcSys Fighters Challenge (COMPLETE)

Yuber6969

• 3 weeks later...

YES, in the words of great Akihiko 

0d7.png

First of all, awesome post dude! Congrats for one big fat bountiful year in fighting games :D I pretty much agree with your ranking there :> INCLUDING difficulty = hardest trophy.

36 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend - 8/10

The hardest trophy in the game, and in this entire challenge so far, was the one for completing 100% of one character's combo challenges. Iron Tager had the easiest challenges (comparatively). Most of them were pretty easy, one was pretty tough, and then there was the brutal one - Challenge 19. That challenge alone is the reason for the 8/10 difficulty. It took me about 10 hours worth of attempts. It required extremely fast inputs at certain points, and very precise ones at other points.

BLESS TAGER 19! Tager is our lord and savior. That challenge 19 was mad (and mad fun) and truly a baptism in terms of trials

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (vanilla) - 8/10

There were actually a number of difficult trophies in this game, but the hardest one by far was the one that requires you to clear Highlander Assault with every character. You fight the series' infamous Black Beast in a game mode that plays more like a Mega Man X game than a fighter. This means that most prior knowledge that I had about BlazBlue mechanics was worthless here. He has attacks that can take out half of your health bar, while you can do very little damage to him. Once you've fought him enough times and memorized his patterns, it's not that bad until you have to fight him using Bullet. All of Bullet's distortion drives are grapples, which the beast is immune to. Also, she can't run, and the beast has an attack that is very hard to dodge without running.

Need to try that one :> you had a lot of fun in Highlander mode, not fair!

Battle Fantasia - 8/10 (with the pause cheese method)

Some of you are probably surprised that I didn't list this as the hardest game on the list. I probably would have without the pause cheese method, which drastically reduces the difficulty of the trophy for beating the Deathbringer without taking any damage. That includes chip damage, so you must parry rather than block all of this attacks. The pause cheese method makes it so that you don't have to worry as much about parrying his super, but parrying all of his other attacks was still pretty difficult.

This game was a pain...just like Injustice 1, it did not deserve to have so many UR trophies. Pause cheese really saved our bacon ngl.

BlazBlue: Centralfiction - 7/10

Speed Star is the reason for this difficulty rating. You have to fight several brutally tough AI opponents in a row (32 IIRC) and you have to do it extremely fast. The amount of time you're given is extremely limited, and one long fight will most likely cost you your run. The AI are assholes in this one, because they go out of their way to do very long combos that chain into distortion drives in order to eat up more of your time.

And not to mention that you had to do it with MAI :> best girl :> :>

9Ynt4ju.gif

Persona 4: Arena Ultimax - 7/10

I feel like the difficulty of this game is overrated by Persona fans and underrated by Arcsys fans. I fall into both categories so maybe my rating will be helpful to people that are considering the game. The hardest trophy in this game is for doing 100% of one character's combo challenges. Margaret has the easiest (and most useful) challenges in the game, but there are a couple that are pretty tricky. She has one challenge that required very precise timing (I forget which one), and a couple that required you to input the same super command twice in a row very quickly. Inputting that super twice in a row is extremely difficult to master, but once you get it down, Margaret is an absolute monster in combat.

Days without me mentioning DLC trials : 0  ? crossed fingers for the ultimax remaster tho!

Chaos Code: New Sign of Catastrophe - 7/10

Survival Mode is the reason for this difficulty rating. You have to fight 30 opponents in a row, and only recover a fraction of your health between fights. Every third fight is a "boss fight" with tougher AI. The AI gets really intense in the last few fights, and the AI is broken with certain characters. If you have to fight Rui or Hermes in one of the later stages, you're screwed.

This one was actually a very fun game! Can't believe it was so well done, given how niche this game is! 

But yeah, Hermes was a nightmare to deal with.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (vanilla) - 6/10 (with all DLC characters purchased)

The hardest trophy was the one for clearing Score Attack. You have to fight every character in the game with brutal AI settings. You can't use a continue, but there is an exploit for this so it's not a concern. The last boss - Unlimited Rachel, is very difficult. A lot of people fight her using Tager cheese methods, but I was never able to pull those off, so I had to fight her the "normal" way with Jin. The tough part is that Unlimited Rachel rejects Jin's cheese methods, so I had to fight her legitimately. As for the combo challenges, they are hands down the hardest ones I've seen in a BlazBlue game. However, there is no trophy for doing 100% of one character's challenges. You only have to do 100 challenges across all characters, and if you buy all 3 DLC characters, you can avoid the upper-level combo challenges almost entirely.

Truth be told, me and @AihaLoveleaf did have a "Umbasa Tager" chanting session before the Score Attack so Rachel fell flat on her bottom after some well applied Gadget Fingers. But it seems Jin was just as cheesy.

Trials were crazy though. Valkenheim especially, I played lots of fighting games but I never found a game where I can legit "dog cancel" a move into another move. 

Arcsys is still the king xD 

Dragon Ball FighterZ - 4/10

You have get an S-rank in Arcade Mode. The AI is not hard at all, but the difficulty comes from having to play almost perfectly to get a high enough score. This is not very hard to do, and everything else in the game is a joke.

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle - 3/10

Again, there is a trophy for clearing 100% of one character's combo challenges, but even the high-level challenges in this game are a joke. I cleared this with Yosuke, and I would not be surprised if there were characters with even easier challenges. Everything else in this game is a joke. Mash square to win. A beginner to the genre could plat this game (with some effort on the combo challenges).

Granblue Fantasy: Versus - 3/10

Last and certainly least, we have this piece of shit game that changed my opinion of Arcsys. Due to how easy this (and all new Arcsys fighters) are, I'm strongly considering not adding any new games to this challenge. Why, you ask? Because how can I make anyone interested in watching my progress in a game where all I have to do get the platinum is mash square? Get your shit together Arcsys; your fans want a challenge.

Only thing I can say is about BBTAG is that Ruby Rose has the easiest challenges ever, even more easy than Yosuke. And if you own the DLC...Blitztank is a joke (literally he's a joke character). But yeah these games are 10/10 in graphics department and 2/10 in snooze department. If I want a power nap I just play one of these.

My next game will most likely be Skullgirls 2nd Encore. I initially planned to do it last since I think it will be the hardest one, but it is going to be a Most Wanted game in the Ultra Rare Cleanup 2022, so I'm strongly considering doing it soon.

Thanks everyone for your continued interest and support; it means a lot. Happy New Year!

Again, congrats for this endeavor :D wishing you only the best of luck with Skullgirls (and especially with Valentine and Ms.Fortune :> ) Happy New Year!!

• Like 3

100% agree in your disappointment with newer Arcsys games and their super easy trophy list. I don't have time to grind fighting games to be competitive anymore like I used to and now only buy them for trophies and am saddened by how easy the newer games are where it usually takes less than a day to platinum.

I'm glad my library has all the newer fighting game releases where I can just borrow them and not have to spend any money lol.

• Like 1

@Copanele Thanks man!

I wouldn't call Highlander Assault fun; I still have the beast's theme burned into my brain. xD I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it when you get there. And maybe I'll give Injustice 1 a try. Still need a UR I game for the A-Z Challenge.

Mai was useful for Speed Star but... yuck, Mai 

Spoiler

and his big ole tiddies.

I might go back and try the DLC combos for P4AU once I'm done with everything else.

@Thedah It's sad for sure. I've started buying some of the harder non-Arcsys games like KOF 13 because of this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yuber1234 said:

...And maybe I'll give Injustice 1 a try. Still need a UR I game for the A-Z Challenge.

NOT WHILE I AM AROUND AMIGO! I ain't gonna let you go through that dumb ass game, HELL NO! Want an UR I game, go for Injustice 2, at least that one you can grind offline with the turbo controller without losing your mind AND you also enjoy a WAY better game..

SMH Injustice 1 ? out of all games...sorry, you're too good of a friend to let you do this capital mistake!

• Like 1

22Se90028.png

Survival Serenity
Survival is no horror.

This trophy is for beating 10 opponents in Survival Mode. I used Annie and I had a very easy time with this. I didn't even bother to look at any guides for tips and/or cheese methods. I made a couple of careless mistakes, but for the most part, I was dominating the AI. I ended up beating 18 opponents.

Here's a recording of my run:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made more progress on the combo challenges.

Total Completed: 19/56

Filia 4/4

Cerebella 4/4

Peacock 3/4

Big Band 4/4

Beowulf 4/4

I felt like I was starting to get the hang of the trials until I got to Peacock's final challenge. I've been stuck on it for hours. It requires speed and is gimmicky. The difficulty for her challenges was rated 2/5, so I'm dreading the high-tier trials.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

22Se90028.png

Survival Serenity
Survival is no horror.

This trophy is for beating 10 opponents in Survival Mode. I used Annie and I had a very easy time with this. I didn't even bother to look at any guides for tips and/or cheese methods. I made a couple of careless mistakes, but for the most part, I was dominating the AI. I ended up beating 18 opponents.

Feels weird to be reading about a survival mode that isn't a brutal struggle for once. ?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Feels weird to be reading about a survival mode that isn't a brutal struggle for once. 1f61b.png

I found it weird too, but there is a superboss fight in the game, so I'm sure I'll get the typical harsh Arcsys AI experience. ?

• Like 1

I finished Fukua's combo challenges. I struggled a lot with her gimmicks in her second trial, but after I finally mastered them, the rest weren't too bad.

Here is her final trial:

Total Completed: 24/56

Filia 4/4

Cerebella 4/4

Peacock 4/4

Big Band 4/4

Fukua 4/4

Beowulf 4/4

• Like 4

14 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

I found it weird too, but there is a superboss fight in the game, so I'm sure I'll get the typical harsh Arcsys AI experience. 1f61b.png

Ah the trials....such a brutal lovely experience. As for the superboss ... best of luck with Marie 300%. You will need it :awesome:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Ah the trials....such a brutal lovely experience. As for the superboss ... best of luck with Marie 300%. You will need it :awesome:

I saw some videos lol. I wouldn't be worried if I was allowed to play as Annie. I have no idea how to use Squiggly.

• Like 1