Yuber's ArcSys Fighters Challenge (COMPLETE)

Yuber6969

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, postofficebuddy said:

Congrats dude, it’s always nice coming back to this thread and seeing your progress. I need to try out Uniclr. I’ve been putting it off for a while. 

Thanks man! I haven't gotten far into the game at all, but the story is good so far. The gameplay is fun, but from the looks of the trophy guide, there won't be much of a challenge.

• Like 2

3Se56b67.png

Veteran of War
Cleared Arcade Mode with a Difficulty Setting of "5", Rounds at "3" or more, and without continuing, with any character.

I tried this with Orie and ended up having to use a continue. I tried it again with Hyde and got through it pretty easily. Like with Reigning Champion, the AI on the hardest difficulty uses very long combos but isn't very smart. I almost had to use a continue on Stage 9 due to some careless mistakes, but it was a pretty easy run overall. For the most part, I would close the distance with 236B -> 236B, then spam autocombos.

The only trophies that I have left are the ones tied to buying things from the gallery. The plat is in the bag. I'm also planning to go through Arcade Mode with every character to see the full story, even though it's not required for any trophies. Hopefully I'll find a new main in the process, since I plan to play this game online for fun.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

The narration is extremely excessive and caused me to fall asleep many times.

I think this tells us where the narration lies on a scale of Copanele to Yuber. :awesome:

6 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Oh, and Byakuya's story in Chronicle Mode was disturbing. That's his sister

I've engaged more than enough Japanese media at this point to know where this is going.

• Like 4

Nice one dude! Yep those matches were mad fun, too bad the platinum is piss easy ?

52 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I think this tells us where the narration lies on a scale of Copanele to Yuber. :awesome:

WE DEFINITELY have to use that as a metric, 100%

• Like 4

Thanks guys!

12 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

11 hours ago, Copanele said:

WE DEFINITELY have to use that as a metric, 100%

The narration is a full on Copanele, it needs to be fully skipped. ?

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

I decided to burn my dread and go for the 2 unearned trophies that I need to 100% complete Persona 4: Arena Ultimax. I just got the trophy for clearing all of a particular character's combo challenges. This character's mere existence in the game spoils something major in the main Persona 4 game, so I'll discuss the rest in the spoiler tag below.

Please don't use the character's name when commenting, as there is at least one person following this thread that is planning to play Persona 4 Golden.

Reveal hidden contents

52S79ee6d.png

Adachi's Letter
You satiated your Hunger for Adachi's challenges.

This was very hard for me and there is no way I would have been able to do this at the time that I platinumed this game. Skullgirls has definitely increased my skill in the genre (though I still have a long way to go).

Adachi has 25 challenges, and I got through most of them without too much trouble. Challenge 24 was the exception to this. It's one of the most ridiculous combos I've seen so far; it's even harder than the infamous Tager 19.

1HqFmgl.jpg

Here is a video of the challenge (it's not my video).

The hardest part of the combo is connecting the Standing B after the Magatsu Mandala. Magatsu Mandala launches Yu into the air and off screen for a few seconds. You have time the Standing B very precisely in order for it to hit Yu when he falls back into sight. Worse yet, Standing B hits three times, but you have to hit him with the first hit in order to connect the rest of the combo, meaning that you can't mash. It's as hard as it sounds, even with pause cheese.

Another hard part is the Heat Riser that follows the Pain in the Ass. You have to input it very quickly in order for it to connect. The part after the Heat Riser is even worse. Heat Riser also launches Yu into the air (thankfully not for nearly as long as Magatsu does), and you have time the Standing C just right in order to continue the combo.

I spent a very long time with this combo. If P4AU didn't allow pause cheese, this would have been miles harder than anything Skullgirls had to offer.

Thanks @Copanele for guiding me through this combo!

The other trophy I need is the one for completing all of Marie's combo challenges. Just like with the above character, I got through all of them with little trouble except for Challenge 24. Once I complete Marie's Challenge 24, I'll have 100% completed P4AU.

Yooooooooooooooo congrats on the challenges for cabbage man his 24 is acual cancer took me 2 and 1/2 weeks of playing like non stop to do all his challenges when I did it since I don't usually play fighting games and the only ones I have ever played was p4au and p4a since I love megaten (like a lot lmaooo)  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LuckySIime said:

Yooooooooooooooo congrats on the challenges for cabbage man his 24 is acual cancer took me 2 and 1/2 weeks of playing like non stop to do all his challenges when I did it since I don't usually play fighting games and the only ones I have ever played was p4au and p4a since I love megaten (like a lot lmaooo)  

Thanks! I'm glad it's over. Not fond of Marie's 24 either cause of that AOA rush. I never would have guessed that you don't really play fighters. That makes your P4A plat even more impressive.

I'm a big Persona fan but have yet to check out Megaten. It's on my to-do list for sure.

Edited by Yuber6969
Typo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

Thanks! I'm glad it's over. Not fond of Marie's 24 either cause of that AOA rush. I never would have guessed that you don't really play fighters. That makes your P4A plat even more impressive.

I'm a big Persona fan but have yet to check out Megaten. It's on my to-do list for sure.

Thanks and haha yeah that p4a one I tried to go for it when I first started dropped it cos it was insane and came back a year or so later and just grinded, grinded, grinded and grinded the challenges and score attack honestly if that pause tactic in nyohiros videos never existed I probably still wouldn't have the plat yet since thanks to that I pretty much only had to do auto combos and block some other semi advance moves here and there but for the most part it was just trial and error for like 2 months till I got it ? and I'm alright at p4au I would say since this remaster is out I have been playing it very active as of recently and I got the plat for the remaster very fast it is annoying cos of deley based though so many bs losses can't wait for rollback in the summer hyped af!!

Edited by LuckySIime
typo
  • Like 1

56S822e0b.png

Old Bamboo Comb
I can't believe you beat all my challenges!

I cleared all of Marie's combo challenges. Challenge 24 was the only one that was noteworthy. It begins with an All Out Attack and you must do the maximum amount of hits with it. It's pure button mashing, and my right tricep is really sore. Shortly after that, there's an input that requires really fast timing, but it didn't take me long to master it. It wasn't a difficult challenge skill-wise, but it took a lot of energy to have to keep repeating that All Out Attack.

Persona 4: Arena Ultimax is now 100% done. I would rate the 100% difficulty 8/10 solely due to the spoiler character's Challenge 24.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yuber6969 said:

56S822e0b.png

Old Bamboo Comb
I can't believe you beat all my challenges!

I cleared all of Marie's combo challenges. Challenge 24 was the only one that was noteworthy. It begins with an All Out Attack and you must do the maximum amount of hits with it. It's pure button mashing, and my right tricep is really sore. Shortly after that, there's an input that requires really fast timing, but it didn't take me long to master it. It wasn't a difficult challenge skill-wise, but it took a lot of energy to have to keep repeating that All Out Attack.

Persona 4: Arena Ultimax is now 100% done. I would rate the 100% difficulty 8/10 solely due to the spoiler character's Challenge 24.

Yooooo congrats again for getting 100% on p4u2 ???? do you plan on 100% on the PS4 version or are you gonna skip it for now?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LuckySIime said:

Yooooo congrats again for getting 100% on p4u2 1f389.png1f389.png1f389.png1f389.png do you plan on 100% on the PS4 version or are you gonna skip it for now?

Thanks! I'm gonna skip the PS4 version. AFAIK, there are no new features, it's a direct port rather than a remaster, and they nerfed my main (Margaret).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Pretty good list you got there, I can repect the fighting game plats (There my weak genue along with racing)

But may i ask, why do you have 300 hidden trophies? Just stands out is all.

From my pre-trophy hunting days. Games I'm no longer interested in and/or no longer own.

• Like 1

Eyyyy congratulations! That's why I insisted you to do it, cause those 2 characters are the real deal and I knew you would put in the work for them xD 

Honestly Marie is the one I had the most trouble with. The other one was difficult but Marie's Igor boxes...UGH

Not many functional differences in the P4AU PS4 version so yeah....skipping it would be good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Copanele said:

Eyyyy congratulations! That's why I insisted you to do it, cause those 2 characters are the real deal and I knew you would put in the work for them xD 

Honestly Marie is the one I had the most trouble with. The other one was difficult but Marie's Igor boxes...UGH

Not many functional differences in the P4AU PS4 version so yeah....skipping it would be good.

Thanks dude! I actually didn't struggle with Marie's Igor box for that long, but that other character's Challenge 24 was nastier than I thought it would be. Took me forever to get that timing down, and I'm not sure that I could do it again lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yuber my friend I really appreciate your love for fighting games you have some awesome fighting games man I am a beginner at these type of games still learning how to play them but its really cool to see that you are enjoying the genre fighting games are different then other video game genres what makes them unique is that each character has there own move set that you have to learn and memorize keep up the good work man really appreciate you once again ?

• Like 1