Yuber's ArcSys Fighters Challenge (COMPLETE)

Yuber6969

5 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

That moment when a fighting game starts developing actual aches in real life too. Better be careful with that. You're at 48 out of 56 completed so far, that's pretty impressive. Rest for a bit before pushing on with the last 2 characters you have left to do.

Very sound advice from the honourable gentleman. You got this Yuber! 

• Like 2

Thanks guys!

@postofficebuddy I remember you saying that Painwheel was hard. Now that I've cleared her trials, I feel confident that I can do them all. I don't feel confident that I can get them done without several hours worth of retries though. xD

@Honor_Hand and @FreshFromThaDeli I'm currently taking a break with a short game (Lone Survivor). I should be back at this tomorrow or the day after. ?

• Like 4

You know what I love about reading your checklist @Yuber6969, is not just the tenacity you have.  But the methodical way you seem to be approaching things.  I've had problems finishing things in the past that require me to perform a laundry list of smaller tasks.  It's very inspiring to read the way you break things down and provide updates on the smaller segments.  Appreciate it : D.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

@Copanele They were helpful for sure, along with the videos. Even though Annie is my main, I'm glad I didn't have to do hers.

@AihaLoveleaf I'm gonna try to get this done ASAP. I finished the story a while ago, so I should be done very soon unless I end up struggling with something else.

@FreshFromThaDelixD

@willythom88 I appreciate the feedback. I'm glad to hear that you like the way I've been doing my updates!

@Thedah I'm relieved to hear that. That Marie 300% trophy is pretty rare so I was thinking it would be brutal.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

There was also fanservice. Lots of fanservice.

Ah, this is the selling line right here, lol. ?

Awesome work, man. Glad to see you completing this notoriously hard fighting game. I bought this one not too long ago so I'll be going after it at some point later. Not too scared about the pause cheese exploit not working since that has never worked for me. :P Even so, doing absolutely each and every combo. Damn, that's tough. Hate it when there's zero leeway like that. ?

The game itself looks sweet with them chicks. I have high expectations of making Ms. Fortune my main there. ?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

@Thedah Did you mean vanilla MVC3, or Ultimate? I'm planning to do both, but Ultimate is the one that I'm a bit worried about.

Both! If you need any tips, feel free to reach out to me. UMVC3 is my main fighting game and I've been playing regularly for over 10 years now so I know all the little tricks that are needed to complete the trials.

Edited by Thedah
  • Like 1

good job with skullgirls, i've had an itch to go back to it but especially after reading how hard you've though of it as someone really into the genre doesn't fill me with much confidence in my own capabilities.  but hey, your ceiling can only keep getting closer to the peak of the genre's, so good luck with whatever's next.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2022 at 10:07 AM, Yuber6969 said:

Lc329e0.png

Skullgirls 2nd Encore

Platinum Rarity: 0.84%

100% Rarity: 0.1%

Difficulty: 9/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

This is the hardest fighting game I've done so far and the second hardest game I've done overall. Marie 300% and some sections of Challenge Mode were hard, but the combo challenges are what made this game brutal. There is no leeway at all; you have to do every single trial in the game. Don't like a certain type of character? Too bad. Worse yet, the timing required is extremely unforgiving. This means two things: one, you have to be really fast, and two, pause cheese does not work on 90+% of the combos. On paper, I have seen much harder combos in some of the BlazBlue games, but the fact that most of the combos can't be pause cheesed raises the difficulty exponentially, hence the 9/10 rating. The combo trials in this game definitely made me a grow as a fighting game player, and I plan to eventually go for some of the 10/10 difficulty fighting games.

Congrats dude! I have been following your progress on this since you started it & it's nice to see you got through it. I know this game is pretty hard too so it must be nice to have yet another challenging game completed. I can't wait to see the next games you take on.

• Like 1