Yuber's ArcSys Fighters Challenge (COMPLETE)

Yuber6969

Yo, man, congrats on the GG completion. And on Vita no less. :D

I remember I started this one on PS3. Played a fair bit of GG on emulators and whatnot at the time. Great games. Still have to go back and finish mine since I only did the online stuff. Glad to hear your thoughts on the overall difficulty of the game and about that Justice method. That Survival Mode is the only thing that I'm expecting to be a completion blockade for me, but if you say that Justice Method is good cheese, then I feel more confident in trying it out. Can't comment on GG's story myself since I need to experience it more. Back when I used to play these games on emulators, I was more the @Copanele type of skipping the blah blah blah on fighters. I don't do that (that much) now, but still. lol. That's gotta be something if the BB story was able to leave more of a lasting impact on you compared to GG's.

And yep, the Vita's auto-sleep thing is annoying as hell. xP

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Honor_Hand said:

Can't comment on GG's story myself since I need to experience it more. Back when I used to play these games on emulators, I was more the @Copanele type of skipping the blah blah blah on fighters.

Be amazed but I did the most anti-Copanele thing ever with Guilty Gear's story and not skip it at all xD 

A rarity indeed since it wasn't the case with Blazblue (turbo skip mode on)

• Like 2

Thanks all!

@Copanele If you of all people never skipped the story, I know that good things are coming in the Guilty Gear storyline lol. No one will replace Ragna as the best fighting game protagonist for me though. :P Not looking forward to Overture 2.

@cm-PUNK2000 If you can do P4AU and BBCF, you can do BBCPE. Don't get me wrong, CPE is miles harder, but you do have the fundamentals.

I do have the Nitroplus plat actually! I have Fighting EX Layer on the backlog too. Let me know when you get the CPE plat; you got this. ?

@AihaLoveleaf The guide writer who rated this 2/10 deserves to get kicked in the nuts. I'm getting really sick of the excessive flexing in the fighting game community.

@FreshFromThaDeli We need to run some matches once I get to Xrd!

@Honor_Hand If you're planning to catch up on GG lore, this is the guide that I used for the games that didn't have trophies. Sad to read that there's no fix for Vita sleep issue. :(

• Like 4

If you think Vita auto sleep is bad, I had to sit through MK9 on Vita with 24 hours played with every character for the dumbest trophy ever made 'My Kung-Fu is Stronger'. 

I still need to go back and do all the other requirements for that trophy but the 600+ hours have been accumalated already ?

Also, special dishonourable mention to UMVC3 for it's 30 hours played online trophy which actually takes north of 70 hours on Vita with all the loading screens and menu's. Yuck!

• Like 4

On 7/20/2022 at 3:15 AM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

If you think Vita auto sleep is bad, I had to sit through MK9 on Vita with 24 hours played with every character for the dumbest trophy ever made 'My Kung-Fu is Stronger'. 

I still need to go back and do all the other requirements for that trophy but the 600+ hours have been accumalated already ?

Also, special dishonourable mention to UMVC3 for it's 30 hours played online trophy which actually takes north of 70 hours on Vita with all the loading screens and menu's. Yuck!

Can't believe you did the MK9 online on a Vita. You're insane dude!

I'm planning to do UMVC3 as well, but on the PS4 thankfully.

Edited by Yuber6969
Typo
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 26/12/2022 at 11:23 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

Nice to see you properly Destroyed it, though.

Speaking of Destroyed, the fact that the timer was still running during the instakill animation gave me so much anxiety. I honestly thought I was going to run out of time lol.

On 26/12/2022 at 11:32 AM, Copanele said:

Congrats!!!

Hope you can do it a second time in Revelator tho xD 

14S7badbe.pngWicked Sick Time Bro!

The fun never stops. ?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

15S5092b2.png

Soloist

[CHALLENGE] Cleared 300 challenges.

This is (comparatively) the hardest combo-related trophy in the game. I was able to do 20+ combos with each base game character with zero effort, and was able to do some of the upper-level ones too. However, the upper-level ones aren't needed at all because there are more than enough easy trials among the base game characters. There is no trophy for clearing all of one character's trials, and if there was, it wouldn't be that hard because Ramlethal has very easy trials. I did almost all of hers without trying. This trophy can be made even easier by unlocking Sin (which I have yet to do), and buying the DLC characters.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

7Se3dbab.png

But The One Goes to 14

[M.O.M.] Unlocked class 14.

8S2f28d1.png

A Man of Wealth and Taste

[M.O.M.] Collected all items.

Medal of Millionaire (MOM) Mode is very similar to BlazBlue's Abyss Mode. It's basically a series of fights with RPG elements such as increasing your stats and equipping skills, armor, and accessories. There is a trophy for reaching the max rank, and a trophy for obtaining all items. These two trophies are a major grind.

None of the fights that you have to do are particularly difficult, but many of the boss fights are frustrating. Many of them are damage sponges and there are no time out victories nor instakills in MOM Mode. You constantly have to change your equipment because a lot of opponents take virtually no damage to anything other than whatever their weaknesses are.

After reaching the max rank, I spent several hours trying to rematch bosses for rare item drops. After that, I had to spend another couple hours grinding medals (currency) in order to buy everything from the shop.

This was a really bad experience.

• Like 4

Yo, great work on this plat. I was actually looking forward to hearing about your experience with GG Xrd SIGN here. I started this game quite a while ago but I haven't had the motivation to come back to it and finish it. The same holds true with many other fighting games I've yet to finish. Not that I don't like them (GG is spectacular, really, especially with the new engine they introduced at this point in the series). I guess I just haven't been much in the mood for fighters lately.

But hey, am I glad to hear that this one is not so difficult. I already did all of the onlinery in it so I guess all I need is to tackle that grind. x3

Speaking of grinding, there are plenty of "other grinds" I would love to do to the characters in this game, if you know what I mean. *hint hint* I am sure you know the kind of grind I am talking about here. xxD

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

Ooh, wait, wait, wait. Found a better angle here.

nMpPdmi.gif

Yes. ( ͡- ͜ʖ ͡-)

• Like 3

Great work getting Xrd wrapped up. ? I imagine that final stretch was terribly boring.

7 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

The Story Mode was essentially a 4 hour movie with no battles fought by the player. I actually liked this approach to storytelling, and I think more fighting games should do it.

When I think about it, this approach probably isn't all that bad. The random fights sprinkled into the story modes of BlazBlue for example really didn't add all that much to the experience, and I probably wouldn't have missed them if they weren't there. Devoting that part of the game to VN... cutscenes, or whatever could just be a better use of time overall. On top of that, not having to structure the story around characters constantly escalating towards conflict could make for a script that feels less trope-y in the classic fighting game sense.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2023 at 3:18 PM, Yuber6969 said:

L386d80.png

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

Congrats for tackling this one! XRd really was a fantastic entry in the series and I really am glad that you genuinely enjoy it. 

I too largely prefer this type of storytelling to Blazblue's stupid "lemme pepper in some random stupid Carl fights"--I mean, Blazblue gave birth to the term "Copanele the story" for me - turbo X to skip dialogue xD Guilty Gear did it right , you could either watch the entire beautiful thing OR skip it.

However in terms of trophies, I will agree the list sucks. Had they focused more on combos and such instead of MOM mode...and unfortunately Rev2 will have the same issue with the 150 medal farm :( fantastic games but kinda crappy lists.

On 2/23/2023 at 2:03 PM, Yuber6969 said:

16Scdff99.png

Platinum

[MISSION] Completed 30 missions with Rank S.

It's fitting that this trophy is called "platinum," because this is by far the hardest trophy in this otherwise easy game so far. Missions task you with very specific fight-related objectives such as blocking an opponent's combo and then countering with a certain amount of damage. To get an S rank in a mission, you have to successfully complete the objective 7 times in a row (or in a few cases: 5). This significantly adds to the difficulty of this trophy because you can't rely on "that one lucky run." There are 60 missions if you include DLC, and you need to get an S rank on 30 of them. In most cases, it wouldn't immediately be clear how to achieve the objective. I managed to S rank 15 of them without looking at any guides, but then I hit a wall. @Copanele really helped me out and gave me very specific instructions for the remaining 15 missions. Even with his help, I found a lot of the missions to be pretty difficult.

I've finished the majority of the grind for M.O.M. mode and it's related trophies. I needed world dollars for the grind, and ended up clearing the missions because of that. Unless a miscellaneous trophy catches me by surprise, I should have the platinum very soon, and the missions will have been the only challenging part of the game.

Honestly this trophy was really fun to return to xD bless PotemKING for helping with most of the "inflict x damage " missions. The only challenge that this game poses (MOM enters into grind zone)

All in all, congrats once again, see you in Rev2 (maybe we can play some matches ?) and bless Ram(Jack-o appears in the next game xD )

• Like 2

Thanks everyone!

@Honor_Hand It's definitely not a difficult game aside from the missions, but you've done harder.

Definitely excited to see Jack-O (she's not in Sign), but I prefer I-No so far. :D

@AihaLoveleaf Most of the game was a grind unfortunately. I would have loved a Score Attack mode or a trophy for clearing all one character's combo challenges.

I was skeptical about this approach to storytelling but it really was better for the reasons you mentioned. You do have to clear Arcade Mode with all characters though, so you do get to experience everyone's style.

@FreshFromThaDeli Thanks! Gonna be doing Rev very soon.

@Copanele Honestly I did like BlazBlue's story better, but I'm happy there were no random Carl fights or anything similar in GG lol.

Not looking forward to the medal grind in Rev, but I do have quite a few already.

Thanks again for the help. We will definitely have some matches!

• Like 4

14S7badbe.png

Wicked Sick Time, Bro!

[Tutorial] Completed the second round of tutorials within the time limit.

I started Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator-. Just like in SIGN, there's a trophy for completing the tutorial within a time limit. This one was much easier than the one in SIGN, and it only took me three attempts. I could have done it in the second attempt but I made a very dumb mistake that cost me too much time.

• Like 4

17Seeafb2.png

Combo Master

Solved 400 problems.

The 400 problems are essentially combo challenges. This is a very easy trophy as you don't have to touch the upper-level challenges in order to reach 400. I got this trophy by doing nothing more than the first two (of three) levels of challenges with each character, and the trophy popped well before finishing the roster.

7S523655.png

Wanna Be Crazy

[Episode] Completed the mode with 20 characters on any difficulty.

This trophy is for clearing Arcade Mode with 20 characters. This is also very easy as you can do it on the easiest difficulty. IIRC, there are 25 characters, so after getting this trophy, I watched the other characters' Arcade Mode scenes on YouTube.

Edited by Yuber6969
Typo
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

19S1a3a67.png

To the Real World!

[Mission] Completed 70 missions.

Just like in Sign, Mission Mode tasks you with very specific fight-related objectives such as blocking an opponent's combo and then countering with a certain amount of damage. This was far easier than it was in Sign simply because this time, you're only required to pass missions as opposed to getting an S rank on them. To pass them, you just need to have 3 successful attempts out of 5. Without using any kind of guide or advice, I cleared 70 missions before going through all of the missions. The vast majority of the matchup missions could be completed by blocking the opponent's attack, and countering with Potemkin's Potemkin Buster.

Nice! The only hard trophy was earning 150 unique badges the rest was fairly straight-forward from what I remember. Like you mentioned in a previous post the 400 combo challenges is a joke, isn't there a trophy for earning 500,000 world dollars or something? If you clear a single characters combo trials you'll get 20,000 world dollars as a bonus which can alleviate grinding arcade modes but it depends on your execution. Raven was fairly easy to finish, Elphelt had some tricky combos and the DLC character Haehyun wasn't too bad once you learned how to execute her charged-kick juggles.

Even if you cannot finish a characters combo trials in full, I'd recommend going through more of them because its easy money, 200 world dollars a pop ain't bad at all! Looking forward to hearing how you get on with the online grind, its not as bad as Injustice 2 Cat Fight but it's still pretty bad ^^ 

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Like 1