Yuber's ArcSys Fighters Challenge (COMPLETE)

Yuber6969

Congrats on the DBFZ platinum, @yuber1234. ?

It's unfortunate that the game wasn't too deep in its gameplay. I personally don't have much of a gripe with that if the rest of the game manages to deliver. Kinda like Granblue Fantasy. Sure, it had a number of weak spots and it's not a fighter that would please the EVO enthusiasts out there, but its overall enjoyment was still on the high side and it was well crafted for the most part. At least we can agree that ArcSys really pushes the envelope in these when it comes to their presentation. The games look sick even for someone that's not a fan of the property or knows very little about them.

I am hardly a Dragon Ball fan but I picked DBFZ to play it at some point soon based mostly on the whoa factor it had on me and, well, the fact that it's an ArcSys fighter too. The 20 million Zeni grind does look like a miserable time but I hope the rest of the game will be able to deliver to me in some way. :) 

• Like 2

Thanks @Honor_Hand! My issue wasn't the lack of depth; it was the lack of challenge. There are good mechanics and combos in both DBFZ and Granblue, but there is no need to use them as both games have no challenging single-player content. I do agree with you on the graphics of the newer Arcsys fighters, especially Granblue.

Don't worry about the zeni grind. There is a fully AFK method.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

18S710488.png

You Want Me To WHAT?

'In single-player arcade mode, on a difficulty higher than NORMAL, survive Deathbringer's Apocalypse Flame attack and win the round with full health.

Fkin S++ man, congratulations! Finally the nightmare is over.

Loved how you literally mopped the floor with him as Coyori at the end xD

The-Rock-Clapping-Reaction-Gif.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

18S710488.png

You Want Me To WHAT?

'In single-player arcade mode, on a difficulty higher than NORMAL, survive Deathbringer's Apocalypse Flame attack and win the round with full health.

BIG UPS YUBER!  Well done! Seems like that pause trick worked well for you and @Copanele. I found it easier just going for it raw.

What an amazing accomplishment. That bastard Deathbringer got death brought down on him in style. ?

I'm surprised you held it together at the end there. I was howling when I managed to do it after a gruelling 5 and a half hour session of attempting it. Ultra Rare sub 1% Plat incoming...

• Like 4

Thanks guys!

@Copanele I loved that too at the end. She disposed of the corpse. xD

@AihaLoveleaf That final Crazy Cat Dance was the most satisfying beatdown. I would have paid good money to have a DLC with Coyori wearing the GET SMOKED hat. ?

@FreshFromThaDeli Oh trust me, I was thrilled on the inside. The only reason I made sure to keep my mouth shut is that I'm sick at the moment and didn't want anyone hearing a nasally voice. ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

18S710488.png

You Want Me To WHAT?

Oh yeah, this looks nuts. I know we miss that old Arcsys challenge on the newer lists, but this... Maybe Granblue's isn't that bad ? Big congrats, I doubt I'd have the patience to pull this off!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Oh yeah, this looks nuts. I know we miss that old Arcsys challenge on the newer lists, but this... Maybe Granblue's isn't that bad 1f605.png Big congrats, I doubt I'd have the patience to pull this off!

Thanks! Out of rep points at the moment lol. And yeah, this is definitely not what I meant when I said I miss the old school Arcsys trophy lists. ?

3 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

18S710488.png

You Want Me To WHAT?

I had stopped working on this trophy since my last update because I found out that you unlock the boss version of Deathbringer when you compete Story Mode. After unlocking him, I went into Practice Mode with him as my opponent, and set the AI to Very Hard and spent several hours practicing against him. Whenever I wasn't playing, I was listening to a song with the same BPM as the parry for the super with the hopes of burning the rhythm into my brain. None of it was working. In my best attempt, I parried 21 of the 22 hits of the super, and it was heartbreaking.

When I first started working on this trophy, I tried the pause cheese method, but I was doing worse with that method than I was with the regular one. I decided to try it again and eventually got to the point where I was able to parry the super about 50% of the time. I still had a very difficult time beating Deathbringer without taking any damage though. I used Coyori and my strategy was to stay on the other side of the screen as much as possible, parry his long range attack, heat up, step behind Deathbringer before he lands on the ground, use Crazy Cat Dance, and then quickly use Crazy Cat Storm. The problem is that the controls in this game are so janky that I would often end up doing a standing/forward C instead of the super, which would get punished.

Below is a video of my successful run. Please excuse the poor video quality. This was shot from my cell phone on a tripod, and my bed is right in front of my TV so I had to record from the side. A lot of the pausing outside of the super was me wiping the sweat off of my hands (gross, I know).

Thanks @AihaLoveleaf, @Copanele, and @FreshFromThaDeli for giving me tips.

Congrats! That looks pretty insane lol. I know you were going for this quite recently so it's good you were able to finish it up. That's another game done for you. Nice going!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Destructor-8 said:

Congrats! That looks pretty insane lol. I know you were going for this quite recently so it's good you were able to finish it up. That's another game done for you. Nice going!

Thanks! It totally was insane lol. I've heard that Survival Mode is quite hard too, so I'm not done just yet. But that was definitely the trophy that I was the most worried about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Thanks! It totally was insane lol. I've heard that Survival Mode is quite hard too, so I'm not done just yet. But that was definitely the trophy that I was the most worried about.

Oh I see, yeah I'm sure you'll finish it off with that out the way now.

• Like 1

49S5d06fb.png

Faster Than Anything

Clear time attack mode within 6 minutes.

This took me about 5 attempts. I used Urs and spammed his Speed Glide after heating up. There are 13 fights and the AI starts getting tough after the sixth fight. There were several runs were I was making good time, but then lost to the second-last boss a couple of times and ran out of time.

• Like 2

Got all of the combo trophies done. The game's janky controls added to the difficulty.

22Sb7c836.png

Maladie Des Griffes Du Chat
Get a 50+ hit combo with Coyori.

This was hard on my fingers. The actual combo is pretty simple, but the majority of the hits come from button mashing during Crazy Cat Storm, and it took several tries to reach 50.

21S950027.png

The Hookening
Get a 20+ hit combo with Freed.

This is the hardest combo trophy in the game IMO, and it took me about an hour. You have to begin with a counter, followed by a jumping B, then your super, then a charge attack (think Guile from Street Fighter), then the super again. The first super requires very precise timing, and the follow up charge attack needs to be done very quickly. The timing is very unforgiving, and this was a lot harder than it sounds.

30Sa91557.png

Size Doesn't Matter
Get a 40+ hit combo with Watson.

This was easy.

26S278a56.png

Groovy
Get a 30+ hit combo with Urs.

This was easy too.

28Sebfeda.png

With Our Powers Combined!
Get a 60+ hit combo with Odile and Dokurod.

This one was frustrating. 57 hits (IIRC) of the combo come from your super, and the amount of hits in the super depend on how high in the air you are when you start the super. The hits leading up to the super are basically just there to help you launch into the air. Following the instructions in the trophy guide usually scored me around 47 hits. A YouTube comment that I saw posted by user wblstudios posted a slightly modified but better solution, and I got the trophy after a few minutes with their method.

All that's left for me to do is to get 30 wins in Survival Mode. The best I've done so far is 15 wins. The AI is absolutely brutal in this game.

• Like 3

Congrats on the amazing platinum, @yuber1234. :D

Also, major respect points over for having used catgirl Coyori at the end to obtain the You Want Me To WHAT? trophy. Thanks for sharing that video. Now I know which technique to copy once my turn comes to try that one, lol. xD I have no idea how you guys can pull it off by using that pause trick. I've tried that idea with combo trophies in other fighting games before and I feel it just throws me off balance even further. ?

Coyori literally mopping up the floor with Deathbringer at the end was brilliant. The perfect way to get that trophy. ?

• Like 2

Thanks guys!

@Copanele I completely forgot to mention how glitchy the online is. A lot of my wins didn't save and it further added to the tedium.

@AihaLoveleaf That <1% platinum is looking really nice in my trophy cabinet ?. Digimon All-Star Rumble is a horrible game and I already regret buying it.

@Honor_Hand Coyori's airdash is a great asset in that fight. For the pause method for the super, every time you see the circle around Coyori, you successfully parried a hit. You must must wait until after the circle has disappeared before inputting the next parry.

• Like 3