Yuber's ArcSys Fighters Challenge (COMPLETE)

Yuber6969

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Ah I wanted to say if you platinum it actually :D the BBCPEX platinum will give you the trial and survival skills required in Skullgirls 2nd encore.

I am very relieved to hear that. I heard you have to do every combo challenge in Skullgirls so I was expecting it to be very hard ?.

• Like 1

Hey, @yuber1234. Thanks for adding Skullgirls 2nd Encore to your ArcSys Fighters Challenge. I wasn't even sure myself it would qualify lol, but eh, I caught a glimpse that it was published by ArcSys in Japan and it was thematically similar to the other games on your list, so, I thought about throwing that name here.

Now, I have that game and the vanilla version of it pending to do. Not sure when I will get around to playing them. The completion percentage of those games actually scares me despite @Copanele here saying they're easy. I don't know. You know those numbers alone are enough to scare anyone. :P

Also, this is the first time I ever see this Hitbox type of controller that @Astray404 mentioned. So it basically cuts on the stick in favor of direct button presses to replicate the stick movements I bet. That could be helpful in eliminating any unwanted motions that sometimes happen with sticks. Like, I feel using a stick with an octagonal gate feels more precise for me versus using one with a square or circular gate, or just the regular analog stick in a controller. I can see the Hitbox probably being more precise at that. The only downside is that it would probably need some time getting used to. :hmm:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

I am very relieved to hear that. I heard you have to do every combo challenge in Skullgirls so I was expecting it to be very hard 1f605.png.

I have a post in Skullgirls 2nd encore thread with every single combo if you want to have an idea :D each character has 4 trials, I found trial 3 and 4 for most character to be comparable to Tager's trial 20. That's why i was thinking, if you could link 4 of those blitz balls in blazblue you can do the stuff Skullgirls asks of you. 

There's only 2 exceptions... Ms Fortune and Valentine. Those characters have indeed difficult trials and will take more than a few tries. 

5 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Now, I have that game and the vanilla version of it pending to do. Not sure when I will get around to playing them. The completion percentage of those games actually scares me despite @Copanele here saying they're easy. I don't know. You know those numbers alone are enough to scare anyone. :P

You did Felicia trials in games you cat monster don't act scared ? they are your second nature yet it took me forever to figure out how to air meow meow in Darkstalkers or whatever xD

• Like 2

I was going to wait until I finished all of Tager's combo challenges before making another update, but it looks like I'll be stuck on #19 for a while. Last time I updated, I had 12, 18, and 19 left to do. 19 is the only one I have left.

Challenge 12: I mentioned that I didn't know why the 8C, 8B, 8C, 63214A part of the combo always ended for me after the 8B. Turns out I had to do a "high jump" (don't know the official term) as opposed to a regular jump. I don't know why they didn't bother to mention that in-game, but I'm glad it's over.

Challenges 13 - 17 came easily. As @Copanele said, the rest of the challenges get easier after getting a solid understanding of Challenge 11.

Challenge 18: While I had to put some effort into this one, it wasn't that bad. I want to say it didn't take long, but I worked on this in small increments, then took a break. I'm not sure how much time was actually spent. My biggest problem with this challenge was at the end. As soon as Tager ended up on the right side, I struggled with every input. Sometimes I couldn't input the spark bolt, other times the magna-tech wheel, and often it was the tera-break.

I've been working on Challenge 19 for about 4 hours and am failing at various parts. Sometimes the combo ends before I can connect the sledge hammer. Other times, I can't connect the 6A that immediately follows it. THEN I sometimes I fail at the 6C that follows the 6A. Whenever I do get past this, I can do the overdrive cancel and the atomic collider almost every time. This is followed by a spark bolt with Tager now on the opposite side, but Tager throws a punch instead of a spark bolt 90% of the time. I don't know if my inputs are wrong, or my timing is wrong. I can rarely pull off the magna-tech wheel after this, and when I do, I can never land the follow-up.

I have tried a couple of things to make this easier. Zenn P from trueachievements.com suggested adding a jumping C before the jumping D, and this has made my attacks connect more often. I also tried starting the combo from the right side, so that I end on the left side.

I am very frustrated right now. I thought I was hot stuff for platting P4AU, but this has comparable difficulty. This has been a humbling experience.

Aside from this, I have finished the story. I thought it was amazing until the last couple of chapters, but I'll go into more detail in the final review. I must say though, they really stepped up the humour in this game.

_6S-YO5eqAogoVXqGwmvufrG9wPfMymhe8LPsd13

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/animenocontext/comments/2d7l6u/well_who_wouldnt_blazblue_chronophantasma/

• Like 3

Hey, I started a similar journey last year, loved fighting games as a kid and decided to pick up a bunch of fighting games and started working on them, right now dealing with AH3LM (after one hour fighting against Angelia on the trials and looking at your comments Parace will take me days...), good luck with your journey!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Hey, I started a similar journey last year, loved fighting games as a kid and decided to pick up a bunch of fighting games and started working on them, right now dealing with AH3LM (after one hour fighting against Angelia on the trials and looking at your comments Parace will take me days...), good luck with your journey!

Thanks for stopping by! Use the method in this trophy guide if you aren't already doing so: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/231495-arcana-heart-3-love-max-trophy-guide-and-roadmap/. It will still be hard, but this method really helps.

Parace is definitely hard, but you 100% completed P4AU, and that's way harder. The grind in AH3LM is far more frustrating than the few challenging trophies. Good luck!

• Like 1

Wohoo progress!! Nicely done, glad that you went through 13-18 :D

Ok, challenge 19...you need a break that's for sure, because that is a hard challenge, but here's some tips to do that one. It is a pain in the ass, because the timing is strict but there's some "shortcuts":

-jumping C before jumping D is indeed the way to go. Saves you from headaches. 

-that stinking magna tech wheel cancel. God i hated that move. Normally you have to input 2 quarter circles and an attack I think, but you will be surprised that you... whiff the dumb attack, because you need timing for a cancel for some reason. Try to input 3 quarter circles then an attack instead. Like that you automatically add a small delay in your input and you should nail the stuff. Not the perfect method, but it helps. 

- spark bolt usually should be inputted right after you punch the enemy away with Magna tech (spin then punch if I remember correctly). If you do a regular punch, you probably inputted the half circle too fast. At least that was my issue when I was failing. Again i recommend inputting 2 half circles instead when the end animation is coming, so you can "forcefully" delay yourself :D you can even mess them up a bit, game is polite enough to help you. 

These are neat little tricks that i discovered when mashing online for guilty gear, believe it or not ? 

Also Persona 4 Arena Ultimax... You should go for Adachi /Marie trials for some practice. Don't aim to complete them, just have a go at them. Those trials will easily add 2-3 more points in terms of difficulty for the game, believe me there xD Marie was a nightmare for me, so glad that she is only a DLC in Ultimax... 

Best of luck there, waiting to hear the sounds of victory with M19 completed :D

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Copanele said:

-that stinking magna tech wheel cancel. God i hated that move. Normally you have to input 2 quarter circles and an attack I think, but you will be surprised that you... whiff the dumb attack, because you need timing for a cancel for some reason. Try to input 3 quarter circles then an attack instead. Like that you automatically add a small delay in your input and you should nail the stuff. Not the perfect method, but it helps.

I did not know this was a cancel. I'll definitely keep that in mind during my next attempt

33 minutes ago, Copanele said:

- spark bolt usually should be inputted right after you punch the enemy away with Magna tech (spin then punch if I remember correctly). If you do a regular punch, you probably inputted the half circle too fast. At least that was my issue when I was failing. Again i recommend inputting 2 half circles instead when the end animation is coming, so you can "forcefully" delay yourself :D you can even mess them up a bit, game is polite enough to help you. 

Spark bolt is actually before the magna-tech wheel in this combo. It's Spark bolt -> 6C -> Magna-tech wheel -> Tera-break -> 6C. So for tera-break, I can do half-circles instead of quarter-circles, and the attack will still happen?

35 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Also Persona 4 Arena Ultimax... You should go for Adachi /Marie trials for some practice. Don't aim to complete them, just have a go at them. Those trials will easily add 2-3 more points in terms of difficulty for the game, believe me there xD Marie was a nightmare for me, so glad that she is only a DLC in Ultimax... 

I actually did attempt both of those characters haha. I remember struggling with Marie during a part that involved mashing. Adachi was hard too, and if IIRC, it had to do with timing. Respect for getting 100%.

Thanks again for the help as usual Copanele! You should really write a trophy guide; you've clearly mastered this game.

Ok so, first of all, apologizes. I shall never attempt to reply before drinking my coffee hahah ? too much of a morning for me. I ended up writing a bunch of nonsense in that reply.

Anyway, after I woke up and actually checked the combo myself, I got it all wrong. It's the DP version of Spark Bolt, which changes the whole magic of M19.

So, to break the combo into parts, here's how I did it, skipping introduction. QCF is ⬇️↘️➡️ + forward aka the direction your character is facing:

PART 1

-> C

->C

Jump C,D

--let Azrael fall a bit, but not too much--

C

->C

QCF A

--Let Azrael fall until he reaches around Tager's head/chest--

->A (just a quick tap)

->C and then IMMEDIATELY overdrive while ->C animation happens. I mapped Overdrive to R1, it's easier for my fingers.

So far it's a pretty simple by-the-book stuff, you can even mash. The trickiest part is that stupid forward A, had to practice until I nailed the timing.

NOW HERE'S THE PROBLEM PART. Why your Tera Break doesn't do what it's supposed to do. YOU NEED TO DO MAGNA TECH WHILE STILL IN OD mode. I managed to do it RIGHT at the end of the OD bar. If you do a regular Magna Tech, your Tera Break won't bounce Azrael off the wall and your combo drops. Your timing has to be brutal here xD 

OK so after the Overdrive, this is where the fun begins

PART 2

-> Double QCF + C, when Tager finishes saying "Overdrive". Don't bother inputting a DP, the timing is so iffy it kinda annoyed me.

->You will switch sides now, Tager will slam Azrael. When you see Azrael starting to bounce after the slam, input double QCF and D for that nasty Spark Bolt

->AFTER you shoot the spark bolt, IMMEDIATELY mash -> C. If Spark Bolt whiffs no matter, restart challenge. But if it connects, you will 100% nail the ->C

->WHILE you hit Azrael with -> C, mash 4xQCF + B for the Magna Tech Wheel. Doesn't matter, murder that controller, make it suffer BUT DO IT BEFORE YOUR OD BAR DEPLETES! That's the main hidden issue of your combo.

->After you do your Magna Tech Wheel, when Azrael is at the peak of the screen, mash again 4xQCF+B. I say 4X as in spam that QCF xD . You will connect with the Terra Break and if you were in OD mode when Magna Tech Wheel started, you will bounce Azrael.

-> When Azrael hits the wall, mash ->C. It will connect 100%.

Timing is still rough, this is probably Tager's hardest trial, even more so than M20. I also recorded it with button showing, you can run the video at 0.5x speed to see what I did. 

Sorry for the button mashing, sometimes you have to go gorilla city on these trials xD HOPE IT HELPS!

Quick end-notes:

- forward A is the most annoying part of this stupid trial. You have to time it as you slam Azrael while he is near the ground so he won't have time to recover. This is where you have to legit practice quite some bit.

- the reason why you did a punch 90% of the times is indeed timing. You were inputting the Spark Bolt way too early.

- Terra Break takes the properties of Magna Tech Wheel. You don't need to be in OD mode when you input Terra Break, only when you input Magna Tech Wheel. Magna Tech Wheel will deplete the rest of your OD bar so no worries there.

- I will never give advices right after I wake up ever again?

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Uff, man, no. Reading stuff like this is what's making me leave the Chronophantasma games for last. 1f602.pngI am not sure if Continuum Shift is worst or harder than Chronophantasma but I feel I have more of a fighting chance on that one.

Vanilla Continuum Shift is definitely the hardest BlazBlue so the good news it's all easier after playing that one ?. In fact, the grind for each game's platinum decreased as more games came out. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

I'm glad I got this done before the weekend ended; I did not want to be thinking about this while at work. If my province wasn't under lockdown, I'd be calling friends for drinks right now. I am in such a celebratory mood!

I can take care of that. Got enough drinks here for everyone to celebrate virtually at least. xD

carry-beer.gif

But for real, awesome work @yuber1234. Now with the challenges done, that Platinum is pretty much in the bag now. ? Well done.

Based on everyone's responses here, I guess I'll be focusing on trying to finish Continuum Shift. It's one of the hardest and I already have a decent amount of trophies on it so I may as well for it. If I can do that one, then I should be able to finish the others as well... right? RIGHT? I sure hope so, lol. If anything, I can jump back and forth between the game and see which I can complete first. xD

• Like 3

Wooo you did it! Congratulations there :) I knew you could do it. That damn M19 can give serious headaches. 

However xD it is not over yet. While I went for the platinum, for me Frame Advantage was the second hardest. I found Bread and Butter to be way more of a headache, because the other characters' trials are something else xD But the good part here is that you can do whichever characters strike your fancy :Dso it actually can turn out to be easier for you! 

In terms of difficulty of the Platinum, I felt that BB is tougher. But if you take 100% into consideration, then P4AU is way tougher. Adachi and Marie were nothing to joke about. 

And in Centralfiction the character with the easiest combos is Susanoo by far. Es starts really easy but then she gets some tough ones down the way xD

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

I can take care of that. Got enough drinks here for everyone to celebrate virtually at least. xD

carry-beer.gif

But for real, awesome work @yuber1234. Now with the challenges done, that Platinum is pretty much in the bag now. 1f44c.png Well done.

Based on everyone's responses here, I guess I'll be focusing on trying to finish Continuum Shift. It's one of the hardest and I already have a decent amount of trophies on it so I may as well for it. If I can do that one, then I should be able to finish the others as well... right? RIGHT? I sure hope so, lol. If anything, I can jump back and forth between the game and see which I can complete first. xD

Thanks dude, and that gif made me laugh pretty hard lol. Good luck with CS. If you're gonna be jumping back and forth between the games, make sure you do the stories in their intended order because they are quite good (so far)!

9 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Wooo you did it! Congratulations there :) I knew you could do it. That damn M19 can give serious headaches. 

However xD it is not over yet. While I went for the platinum, for me Frame Advantage was the second hardest. I found Bread and Butter to be way more of a headache, because the other characters' trials are something else xD But the good part here is that you can do whichever characters strike your fancy :Dso it actually can turn out to be easier for you! 

In terms of difficulty of the Platinum, I felt that BB is tougher. But if you take 100% into consideration, then P4AU is way tougher. Adachi and Marie were nothing to joke about. 

And in Centralfiction the character with the easiest combos is Susanoo by far. Es starts really easy but then she gets some tough ones down the way xD

Thanks! Yeah, after dealing with #19, I am so ready to move on, but I'm worried about what you said about Bread and Butter now lol.

I vaguely remember the combo challenges in P4AU taking me a little longer than this (I used Margaret), but that may have been because it was my first ArcSys game. I'll never know for sure.

Es looked easy from the YouTube video I saw, but I know looks can be deceiving. I'll keep what you said about Susanoo in mind!

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 2

Good progress! Bread and Butter starting to get nasty there I see xD

IF i remember correctly the only one that I left at 35% was Litchi because to hell with her stick combos, those are absurd. Rest of them I managed to pull a 50% or more. At least if you learn a greek letter girl, you learn them all xD Mu, Nu, Lambda etc. 

And yeah that Tsubaki one was super annoying. That character is really not that fun to use. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Good progress! Bread and Butter starting to get nasty there I see xD

IF i remember correctly the only one that I left at 35% was Litchi because to hell with her stick combos, those are absurd. Rest of them I managed to pull a 50% or more. At least if you learn a greek letter girl, you learn them all xD Mu, Nu, Lambda etc. 

And yeah that Tsubaki one was super annoying. That character is really not that fun to use. 

It's definitely getting nasty, but I don't quit! I find Makoto and Carl to be way harder than Litchi; I'm amazed you got them to 50%+. I'll give Nu another try after reading what you said, since I remember finding Lambda to be alright.

Believe it or not, I have Bullet at 65%. I'm having an easier time with her higher-level challenges than a lot of the other characters' low-level ones.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

It's definitely getting nasty, but I don't quit! I find Makoto and Carl to be way harder than Litchi; I'm amazed you got them to 50%+. I'll give Nu another try after reading what you said, since I remember finding Lambda to be alright.

Believe it or not, I have Bullet at 65%. I'm having an easier time with her higher-level challenges than a lot of the other characters' low-level ones.

You really are a Bullet specialist, nice xDdefinitely gave me more headaches than expected. And yes, while Makoto is a tricky character because of her charges, Carl's whole gimmick is positioning his doll. Otherwise his combos are rather decent. Or well, his first 10 at least xD

Best of luck!!!! You will definitely do it :D

• Like 1

Congrats for the achievement! So glad that you did it, it was very fun to follow your progress and achievements :D

Also glad that I could be of help :) if anything, it was actually fun to return to Tager combos xD

Waiting for your next project :> 

• Like 1