Xbox One Sells 1 Million Units...

Parker

Worldwide. It hasn't sold as well as the PS4 in North America but still, a million units worldwide on day one isn't anything to scoff about. Of course by worldwide I mean the places where the console has already launched. 

Microsoft has announced that Xbox One has already sold 1 million units around the world.

“We are humbled and grateful for the excitement of Xbox fans around the world,” said Xbox's Yusuf Mehdi. “Seeing thousands of excited fans lined up to get their Xbox One and their love for gaming was truly a special moment for everyone on the Xbox team. We are working hard to create more Xbox One consoles and look forward to fulfilling holiday gift wishes this season.”

These sales exceeded Xbox 360's launch, setting a new record for Microsoft's Xbox branch. Last week, Sony revealed that its PS4 had sold similarly -- 1 million in 24 hours.

In the last 24 hours, players have driven 3.6 million miles in Forza Motorsport 5, killed 60 million zombies in Dead Rising 3, pulled off 7.1 million combos in Killer Instinct, and slaughtered 8.5 million Ryse: Son of Rome enemies.

Source: IGN

The Xbone is doing pretty good so far and it'll be interesting to see how many units Sony will sell come the 29th when it launches in Europe. It seems the reversal of their original policies did them a whole lot of good. 

Parker

XBOX ONE (launch) = 1 million [worldwide]

PS4 (launch) = 1.4 million [in US alone]

...yet BOTH systems annihilated their previous generations launch! This is going to be a very interesting console generation, for sure.

Got my PS4 & Wii U, now I gotta for Christmas for a XB1.

North America, not just the USA. We can't forget about America's hat.  :lol:

Parker

• Like 2

Its great to see the consoles selling great numbers at launch and keep gaming going strong, I love those articles in the end of a gen which is always titled 'Is console gaming over?' and a new console is released and nope. And kinda crazy how the PS4 sold more units in North America since that's was the only place which the 360 outsold the PS3 last gen.

• Like 1

Worldwide. It hasn't sold as well as the PS4 in North America but still, a million units worldwide on day one isn't anything to scoff about. Of course by worldwide I mean the places where the console has already launched. 

The Xbone is doing pretty good so far and it'll be interesting to see how many units Sony will sell come the 29th when it launches in Europe. It seems the reversal of their original policies did them a whole lot of good. 

Parker

European and Asian sales data will be the key differentiator and I dare say they will heavily favour the PS4.

The XB1 went for a simultaneous worldwide release which is the only way they hit that magic million unit figure. But when they're being beaten in their own backyard (traditionally a weak market for PlayStation) and the PS4 is yet to release in other major territories, it's a telling blow for Sony, and hopefully, a big win for us. A cashed-up Sony can only mean more and better services and games in the years to come.

• Like 2

I was just reading one of those before the PS4 launched and just shook my head and laughed. It seems like the PC diehards that hate consoles try to convince themselves that consoles don't sell anymore and you'd have to be an idiot to buy a new console. The the PS4 and Xbone come along and smash records for sales.  B)

Parker

I once was one those 'PC diehards'....

1382661433254.jpg

If Microsoft didn't do that I doubt they would've even broken 500,000, my brothers is a loyal Xbox fan and when he heard Microsoft's original policies he almost came over to team Sony.

This generation in gaming is looking very promising :). Now if only the WQii U and Vita could pick up speed xD

Vita is in serious need of games. All the games that are coming out are only in Japan. 'Vita' is supposed to be Italian for Life, but I think it's more like a PS Morte.

• Like 2

Vita is in serious need of games. All the games that are coming out are only in Japan. 'Vita' is supposed to be Italian for Life, but I think it's more like a PS Morte.

Clever...

P.S. Curse you for making me Google morte, I don't like learning stuff!... unless it's in Japanese, that's pretty fun.

North America, not just the USA. We can't forget about America's hat.  :lol:

Parker

Our hat, that made my evening. :D

I'm very happy for Microsoft seeing as I'm a microsoft expert for my store and profession. I'm worried however for the failure rates that are soon to be reported. The PS4 has had a reported 1% if that number is still accurate, which in my humble opinion is amazing.

I'm happy for Microsoft but we have to tal about the real issue here. I think it will be last gen again with Xbox One on second maybe first spot (Eight-Ten Years then we'll know). The thing now is the Wii U and it's current pace. 

Congratulations to Sony for 18 years, Microsoft for 12 years and GrandFather Nintendo for 100 years plus of enjoyment.  

I expected this. Alot of people that i know got an Xbox One because they didnt want to lose all that hard work they put in unlocking achievements. If for some reason i would have gotten an Xbox 360 instead of a PS3 and would have been an Achievement hunter, then i would have still gotten an Xbox One. Even if i think a PS4 is better.