Do games that have no trophy system (like Switch games) bother you?

poochluver

On 5/14/2021 at 3:12 PM, IceXymphony said:

Recently I got hooked into Nintendo games thanks to Youtube but the fact that there is no trophy system just bugs me a little. The same goes for PS1 and PS2 games. I know this might sound stupid though. Have you ever thought this way?

They don’t bother me, but neither do they entice me to play.

While I don't really play for the trophies (I mean I like working on platinums for games I really enjoy), it is true that I can't quite truly appreciate a game without them. I feel like I'm missing something whenever I play old games or Nintendo games.

For the last few years, I will not play a game if it doesn't have trophies. I will not buy Nintendo/MS consoles or gaming PC for this reason. Any game that doesn't come to PlayStation, I pretend it doesn't exist. (The only exceptions are the couple of mobile games I play, because they are convenient time-wasters that require zero brain power so I can multitask). 

I'm not even some crazy completionist that has to platinum everything.. I just want to get trophies. There is no real reason for it, other than my personal satisfaction at my numbers going up.

honestly no. while i just mainly go for what i want for trophies i feel as if they couldn't exist and i wouldn't care much as i would just do stuff i want still for the most part.

like if new vegas came to ps5 with every fix the community patch has and the 8GB patch and somehow nexus mod tier support i wouldn't care for it still as i play the GOG version that as far as i know lacks achievements and my fav things i've done in the game have come from lack of going for a trophy or anything but just "can i do it though?" such as take every single chem at once just to see what my stats would become for no other reason than that sheer curiosity 

For me it's either playing exclusives or free games on consoles and PC for everything else.

I don't care for Nintendo games and the fact they have the most closed eco system in the gaming business yet refuse to support achievements makes me like them even less.

• 2 weeks later...

I still enjoy playing games with my girlfriend on the Wii from time to time and I don't mind that it doesn't have trophies. It's kind of a getaway from the grind.

Though I also have to say I haven't touched my 2DS in almost 2 years just because there's no challenge in it anymore. I still have some amazing DS games that are left untouched but because there are no trophies/ achievements or anything I don't bother with them anymore. Same goes for the Switch. There's many games that make me want to buy a Switch but I know I'll hardly touch it and prefer my Playstation over it any day.

• 2 months later...

Not one tiny bit.  I love my Switch, my very first system ever was the original NES and since then I've been a big Mario and Zelda fan, always have the latest Nintendo system mostly to be able to play those franchises as those two are what started my love of platformers and RPGs.  Nintendo as a company may have its shortcomings but a lack of trophy/achievements I don't see as being one of them. 

I gamed for a looooonnnnggg time before trophies and achievements were ever a thing.  As much as I enjoy popping them they aren't a make it or break it deal for me.

Edited by felatio_deltoro

• 1 year later...