Crap, Servers

SwT-CarbonzZ

Yeah EA did it again when your are playing the lobby gets closed you lose your points etc, like me i was first so is was able to get all the MVP Trophies, but no what happend the server closed.

EA is so bad with there servers why closing servers for other games if you d'ont use them for the Big Games :(

I've not had any problems at all with the servers thus far. I did lose connection yesterday (my Internets fault, it signed me out of PSN) and before I got the message that said I had been disconnected, it saved all my stats form that round. The server browser is a nice addition as well.

Parker

Yeah there is a post on FB saying ~

"Be advised! We are boosting the capacity of our Battlefield 3 servers tonight. As such, all platforms will be down for maintenance and performance upgrades at 2AM PDT for about an hour. Sorry for the inconvenience."

So hopefully servers should improve, at least i hope so before i get it for my B-Day on the 17th :D

i actually havent had any issues....and for those who dont know, in the Server Broswer list, under Search Filters, you can change on what region servers you look for matches in (yes, no region lock, for those who STILL dont get that) if that is an issue possibly

but they did say that they expected less traffic initially...of course, this is what the major focus was with the Beta, to test how much stress the servers could take until the began to lag/DC/freeze, and tweak until it almost barely happened....obviously even the beta didnt prepare them for the number of people in the first weeks, but id say they did a great job compared to the opening weeks of other online FPS games.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the point of that whole option to be put in a squad or not as you're joining a game? Even if I choose 'No, I'll do it later' it puts me in a squad anyway.

Also, it would be nice for the game to automatically filter for games where main menu squad members can be on the same team, and squad. I thought it was originally supposed to work like that, similar to Killzone 2 (haven't played 3).

• 2 weeks later...

I always lose connection with EA O_o But it loses connection for me sometimes in Skate 3 too... :hmm:

Strange you lose only connection on EA Games?

Someting weird today my friend starts up BF3 and cant play online matches like Deatmatch ... but he is able to play online co-up, i told him maybe server problems on the more multiplayer types but if i took a look at my list i saw to people playing Conquest so it was not a server problem, a its still not working for him.