Uncharted 4 to release on PC per Sony IR documents

ziggypossum

8 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

For an issues that has absolutely zero effect on how much you'll enjoy Uncharted 4 or other exclusives, some of you are getting pretty dramatic. 

it's about the future implications, nobody on PlayStation cares about Uncharted 4 in 2021, but for example, Guerrilla Games had their developers working so much on fixing the PC Port of Horizon 1 that they had to stop and apologize to PC gamers that they won't continue, because it was so much work that it was cutting into the development of Horizon 2 on consoles at that point, so it's a lose-lose scenario, PC gamers lost because they won't get improvements on a problematic Port, Console gamers lost because the game could've used that development time spent on fixing the PC port, now, what did I as a console gamer lose with the time, devs, and money spent on the PC ports of Uncharted 4, Days Gone and many more to come? resources that in the past would've been dedicated to my console experience, that's my and probably other people's problem, Sony right now is catering to two completely different audiences when for 25 years they have built an audience by being the best they can at catering to only them, now they're expecting me to keep consuming their "lesser" product at the same rate I was consuming their product at their 100% dedication to me, and at least for me, it won't happen

Edited by LockheedPrime
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LockheedPrime said:

it's about the future implications, nobody on PlayStation cares about Uncharted 4 in 2021, but for example, Guerrilla Games had their developers working so much on fixing the PC Port of Horizon 1 that they had to stop and apologize to PC gamers that they won't continue, because it was so much work that it was cutting into the development of Horizon 2 on consoles at that point, so it's a lose-lose scenario, PC gamers lost because they won't get improvements on a problematic Port, Console gamers lost because the game could've used that development time spent on fixing the PC port, now, what did I as a console gamer lose with the time, devs, and money spent on the PC ports of Uncharted 4, Days Gone and many more to come? resources that in the past would've been dedicated to my console experience, that's my and probably other people's problem, Sony right now is catering to two completely different audiences when for 25 years they have built an audience by being the best they can at catering to only them, now they're expecting me to keep consuming their "lesser" product the same, and at least for me, it won't happen

It's funny how much my post applies to you. I don't buy games to support companies. I buy games to enjoy them. If a game I love is now on multiple systems, then technically that's better for everyone involved. 

Don't get me wrong, I love PlayStation systems, but I don't get blind loyalty to brands, of all things. If you think a product isn't worth your money, then just don't buy it and move on. 

15 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

It's funny how much my post applies to you. I don't buy games to support companies. I buy games to enjoy them. If a game I love is now on multiple systems, then technically that's better for everyone involved. 

Don't get me wrong, I love PlayStation systems, but I don't get blind loyalty to brands, of all things. If you think a product isn't worth your money, then just don't buy it and move on. 

everything my post talks about is if the game is being better or lesser for me following their actions, you bring up company and loyalty on your own, don't put words into my mouth, a game releasing multiplatform is always lesser, that's a fact you will never be able to deny, look at most year's GOTY winners, it's not a coincidence they are exclusives

Edited by LockheedPrime

On 2021-05-27 at 7:43 AM, scemopagliaccioh said:

What’s even worse, is that Sony is downright giving pc users a better deal  than the ones they bought their hardware.

Uncharted 4  has a robust multiplayer section, which you need to pay Psplus to access, on pc? No extra fee.

Sony  is basically punishing people buying their own hardwares, that’s inconceivable and they’re just pushing their luck that videogame is a medium full of children who don’t care much about being scammed,  fortunately after finishing Uncharted 3 I’ll be done with anything Naughty Dog related.

Once the game comes to PC it will have been 5+ years since the game released. 5. Fucking. Years. If you, and anyone else thinks you’re being “scammed” because they released it on PC years later then your opinion is laughable.

On 2021-05-28 at 8:34 PM, LockheedPrime said:

I can't wait for Sony to look like an ass again when they either give Uncharted 4 multiplayer for free to PC gamers which will spit in the face of PlayStation consumers who have to pay for PS+ to play online or they won't which will upset PC gamers, either way it's their loss, which is why Sony 1st party games being off PlayStation is a mistake

wanna hear a joke? 25 years of brand marketing destroyed in one day

x1080

Man you guys are insufferable. Aren’t you guys always talking about Xbox bad?1?1? I always thought you guys were fine about these games coming to PC just ‘not that other console wahhh I’m a baby’.

I guess you guys just can’t handle that people are getting games released to their platforms YEARS after release when not a single person would’ve boughten another

copy on PlayStation.

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Once the game comes to PC it will have been 5+ years since the game released. 5. Fucking. Years. If you, and anyone else thinks you’re being “scammed” because they released it on PC years later then your opinion is laughable.

Man you guys are insufferable. Aren’t you guys always talking about Xbox bad?1?1? I always thought you guys were fine about these games coming to PC just ‘not that other console wahhh I’m a baby’.

I guess you guys just can’t handle that people are getting games released to their platforms YEARS after release when not a single person would’ve boughten another

copy on PlayStation.

Lots of assumptions on here. 

I don’t know who you’re dealing with, but I prefer xbox over pc on the basis that you cannot mod/cheat, use different framerates or controllers on there, and then fighting  console players. There’s a reason SF5  made the option to not fight pc players *hint hint*, guess that’s a facet of reality you don’t think about if you just think about  how “good”  and “wonderful” it is if everyone gets to play the shitty games you like.

So, 5 years? So what? It’s been 5 years, and the online of Uncharted 4 is still  requiring a plus connection, hell, it’s been almost 8 for Killzone Shadowfall,  something that will not happen once Uncharted will go on pc for the pc players, so, exactly, what the fuck the game being 5 years old  have to do with this? I’m still being ripped iff, there is no magical lifting  now that the game is considered a dinosaur or whatever.

I don’t care about people buying Uncharted or not, on PlayStation or whichever  console war or other shit, I care that I, a Sony customer, that bought their shitty hardware, am being treated WORSE, not even neutral  than a PC player, by the same company  that made Playstation. Why would my opinion be “laughable”? Because *gasp* I presumed that Sony wouldn’t think their customer base is a bunch of shit eating imbeciles, who likes being treated as cheap prostitutes while they chase and try to be affable as possible in order to  net more customers, who didn’t  even bought their hardwares?

I'm going to go ahead a speculate that Sony doesn't release any online multiplayer content in any games they port to PC. These games will only be the single-player content. And then there is no discrepancy between Plus members needing to pay for online play and PC gamers getting anything other than an older title experience that Playstation gamers have largely moved past.

47 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I'm going to go ahead a speculate that Sony doesn't release any online multiplayer content in any games they port to PC. These games will only be the single-player content. And then there is no discrepancy between Plus members needing to pay for online play and PC gamers getting anything other than an older title experience that Playstation gamers have largely moved past.

Perhaps, but in doing so, they would reach a crossroad.

On one side, they’re playing the Sony customers if it has multiplayer, on the other side,  they would anger the PC userbase, since they’re selling  an inferior product, which technically should be the case, but they don’t have the PC playerbase by the balls like PlayStation’s, so it would be a very risky move.

23 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Perhaps, but in doing so, they would reach a crossroad.

On one side, they’re playing the Sony customers if it has multiplayer, on the other side,  they would anger the PC userbase, since they’re selling  an inferior product, which technically should be the case, but they don’t have the PC playerbase by the balls like PlayStation’s, so it would be a very risky move.

I really can't understand anything you're claiming here because it seems like it's just angry typing a bunch of speculative drama.

Angry people can always find something nonsensical to be angry at, and trying to pacify them is pointless. Sony isn't (and shouldn't be) concerned with people feelings and there's far more people who know and would like exactly what Sony will offer them in a single player PC experience than the miniscule amount of angry people who didn't have any access to Uncharted 4 on the PC before the PC version is released and then whines about wanting it to be different (with free multiplayer) and somehow making it into some nonsensical slight from Sony afterward. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

copy on PlayStation.

I don't know who you're talking to, but I know you quoted me by mistake, cause you definitely aren't talking to me

35 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I really can't understand anything you're claiming here because it seems like it's just angry typing a bunch of speculative drama.

Angry people can always find something nonsensical to be angry at, and trying to pacify them is pointless. Sony isn't (and shouldn't be) concerned with people feelings and there's far more people who know and would like exactly what Sony will offer them in a single player PC experience than the miniscule amount of angry people who didn't have any access to Uncharted 4 on the PC before the PC version is released and then whines about wanting it to be different (with free multiplayer) and somehow making it into some nonsensical slight from Sony afterward. 

My message to you wasn’t angry, but since you’re gearing up this way, fine, have at it.

The reason I am angry, is exactly what you hypothesised, the “discrepancy” between  plus members paying to access online, and pc players not paying to access online on a Sony product.

What, pray tell would be the drama in I, a Sony customer  having to pay extra fees for Sony in order to access a portion of a first party game  of them because I bought their console, while a pc customers gets to access all benefits  without even buying their console? Have I signed some contract that  Sony is allowed to treat me like a second rate customer? Because if I ever tried to pull that off on my clients, my  company would be fucked in a matter of months.

So no, it’s not internet drama, but money, and I’ll go ahead and ask you to provide better examples of complaints  for Sony that don’t fall into the “speculative drama” or whatever made up term you come up, you won’t find it, because Sony is fucking with their own customers money in the hope to  caress with velvet hands some hypothetical new customer. That’s greed, a clear show of how Sony will treat you if you dare even invest in them, and devaluing of their brand in a single blow, for starters, I won’t buy Uncharted 4 even now that I finished 3, yeah, it’s just 20 euros and Sony does not care, it also happens to be 20 more than what  anyone defending Sony in this thread gets.

But if you’re looking for speculations, look no further than your own post  regarding Uncharted 4 not having online, it doesn’t take a genius  to know that people on PC won’t like an incomplete version of the game, and it’s not like such a thing is  so difficult to solve that Sony is just better off not listening like you propose, you know, something as simple as games released by Sony on PC won’t require plus to pay once released, there, not that hard, of course, Sony has no incentives to do this, because the PlayStation userbase is  more focused on posting the usual copypasted  message that they’re so happy others get to play X game, as if it’s some kind of cancer cure or some shit.

Also, people’s “feelings” well excuse the fuck out of me if I don’t like being ripped off and treated as a second rate customer by the same company I supported for years, this might come as a surprise for you, but yes,  this situation does indeed move someone’s mood to pissed off, who would have thought, eh? 

10 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

But that hasn’t happened yet. 

Then you’re just banking on your prediction.

Which could have been a nicer way  to reply, instead of your hallucinating reply  about drama earlier, you know, something that definitely invites anger, which you don’t seem fond of, just something to think about, mr “mod”.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

The more the merrier,  maybe some revival of Uncharted 2 Multiplayer heh (doubt) I'd like alot of franchises to end up on Digital Computer.  I know charm of console will go away but I feel like that started in PS4/WiiU,Switch/Xboxone gen anyways.  I just want free online with bigger online community.

Ah, a new dose of drama. As is to be expected.

Sony's doing a genius move with this and most people don't even realize it. They get more people to buy their (now old) games, while also giving them the push they possibly needed to buy a console (they have already confirmed they'll be investing even more on exclusives for the foreseeable future, so they need those sales), by basically saying: "Hey, sport! You liked these games? Well... if you acquire my console, you'll have much more of where that came from." It's a very profitable decision for both sides (Sony and Valve), and yet people insist on partaking in this "console war," while being oblivious to the bigger picture... that is, one in which all these big companies are happy to coexist, since they're all making truckloads of money anyway. For the millionth time, companies aren't your friends - if they see an opportunity to make bank, they'll go after it.

Also... people are really pretending Uncharted multiplayer is relevant? :giggle: I literally couldn't name one person that bought any of the Uncharted games for the multiplayer if I tried.

As someone who primarily plays on PC this is super exciting. Although I already own a PS4, I prefer playing my games on PC and being able to play some of the PS4’s exclusives on PC is like a dream come true. I hope Sony continues to carry over there games to PC so they can gather a larger audience for their games once exclusive to PS4