IceArrow1998

Which one is better: bf3 or bf4  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better? BF3 or BF4

• Battlefield 3
    • Battlefield 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I personally think that BF4 is better than BF3 but at the moment its a shame that its full of online problems.. The campaign in BF3 was a waste of time and had no reason to be included in the game.. didn't care about any of the characters or the outcome of the campaign.. BF4 campaign has got a much better structure with the weapon cache's (Nice to see brought back from BFBC2) and the unlock system with collectible dog tags which sort of makes it worth going for the collectibles.. 

The Online is broke as hell with over powered weapons, Lack of servers, No party system to join games with friends, Random game crashes and small noticeable problems with the battlelog system.. I really hope Dice sorts out BF4 soon as its a great game but i think they where to concerned about pushing it out the door and are now paying the price !!  

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, this is a tough one, Battlefield 3 has a campaign that didn't have a such a great story but the cinematic feel of the story as really awesome, plus I REALLY loved the soundtrack/music from Battlefield 3, it was really good. Plus I spent almost two straight years playing and enjoying the multiplayer, and man did Battlefield 3 have some awesome maps!!

Battlefield 4 had less of the deep, dark cinematic moments and feel to it but the story was better, I found that I cared more for the main characters but wish I got to know them more and maybe that the story was longer. The soundtrack is still good but I don't think its as exciting, in BF3 I was (literally) humming the soundtrack from the start as the DICE and Frostbite logos were flashing on startup and the music was playing, I don't find myself doing that as much in this game. At first the multiplayer didn't seem great but I'm starting to get comfortable with the maps and all that, so I'm liking it more and more, maybe when they release the next map pack with Caspian Border I'll like it more =P .... Not to mention my save file gets corrupted every two days with this freaking game so the only thing that doesn't get affected is my multiplayer progress, so I'll have to just work on multiplayer trophies until the single-player save file issues get patched, I don't know how I finished the game the first time without it getting corrupted actually, lol

I'll probably say Battlefield 3 is still my favorite... for now! Haha

Edited by BlindMango

Battlefield 4 for sure. Don't get me wrong, BF3 was great. But BF4 is just perfect. I wish the story was a little longer, but for the length of the story it was phenomenal. 

Jeez! I couldn't disagree any more.

I make it a point to see most of the games i purchase through, but Battlefield 4's campaign was so terrible (laughably so) and uninspiring that i still haven't completed it months after purchasing the game. That being said, neither game will be recommended for their single-player offerings...when it comes to Battlefield multiplayer is where its at and even in that aspect, i believe Battlefield 3 is the better game.

BF4 on PS3 looks worse than BF3 somehow and is barely stable, and while the game is prettier on next-gen it fails to bring the same thrill and excitement that Battlefield 3 and even Bad Company 2 brought to the table.  Not to mention all the glitches, stability issues, and the useless and unnecessary features and throw-away game modes.

I'm a hardcore fan of the Battlefield series, logged in over 500hrs in Bad Company 2 and over 1000hrs in Battlefield 3. I had blind faith in DICE/EA and they awarded me with the broken mess that is Battlefield 4. Underneath all its crap it is still a decent game, but it fails so hard in comparison to the magnificence of its predecessors.

Edited by rb8gem9