Question about PS+

Yuber6969

10 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

I noticed a 12-month subscription to PS+ is on sale. My current memership has not expired yet. If I buy this now, can I activate it later?

8 minutes ago, karaman1025 said:

Yes. It will add up

True! My membership for example ends 2024, cause i bought a few years in advance on the last sale. It simply adds up from your current expiry date. ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kratosaur said:

True! My membership for example ends 2024, cause i bought a few years in advance on the last sale. It simply adds up from your current expiry date. 1f609.png

Yeah me too. I bought a few years before they made a raise in the turkish store  :) 

• Like 1

You can use it now, no need to wait till later, unless you want to for whatever reason. Your PS+ doesn't need to have expired to add more months/years onto it. Just keep in mind it will add exactly a year onto what you already have. For example, if your PS+ expires February 2022, and you redeem it now, your PS+ will expire February 2023. It won't add on add any new months or anything, you get exactly 1 extra year from whenever it's meant to expire.

This is assuming you're buying a redeemable code/card from somewhere, not sure how it works from the PSN store itself. I've tried buying PS+ off it before, but it often wouldn't let me because I was already a member. Not sure if it still does that or not, haven't tried for a few years now.

I actually topped up my PS+ by another year recently, it's on sale currently for about £33 on Amazon. Doesn't expire now till mid 2024. I pretty much always top up my PS+ when sales like this happen, much cheaper than just letting it auto-renew for £50 every year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yuber1234 said:

I noticed a 12-month subscription to PS+ is on sale. My current memership has not expired yet. If I buy this now, can I activate it later?

I purchased a Plus subscription code, forgot about it, and activated it almost three years later. You can either stack them and they’ll just push your expiration out 12 months or wait and activate them whenever you like.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I purchased a Plus subscription code, forgot about it, and activated it almost three years later. You can either stack them and they’ll just push your expiration out 12 months or wait and activate them whenever you like.

I thought codes had to be activated within 12 months after purchase?

It is good to know that you can stack up though. Last time I bought a code and then waited until the day before my PS+ expired to activate it.

2 minutes ago, Vitallani said:

I thought codes had to be activated within 12 months after purchase?

Cant say I’ve ever been stopped from redeeming codes after 12 months on the Plus codes I’ve bought or some promo DLC codes I’d received. And I definitely was able to redeem “expired” DLC codes according to the printed expiration date, although that last example has been changed as of October 2020 from what I’ve been reading. 

If that’s printed somewhere, it certainly isn’t enforced. 

21 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Erm, it’s called stockpiling. It’s exactly the kind of thing you’re meant to do when preparing for an apocalypse ;) 

But... online gaming during the Apocalypse? Isn't that cheating?

How are you supposed to repent if you're busy fragging annoying kids on your online shooter of choice?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

But... online gaming during the Apocalypse? Isn't that cheating?

How are you supposed to repent if you're busy fragging annoying kids on your online shooter of choice?

Maybe the real repentance is the friends we fragged along the way…?

25 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Cant say I’ve ever been stopped from redeeming codes after 12 months on the Plus codes I’ve bought or some promo DLC codes I’d received. And I definitely was able to redeem “expired” DLC codes according to the printed expiration date, although that last example has been changed as of October 2020 from what I’ve been reading. 

If that’s printed somewhere, it certainly isn’t enforced. 

That's good to know. The ones I get from Amazon say it should be used within 12 months, so I don't think I'd risk it, but at least if one did forget about it, there's a good chance it would still work.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Erm, it’s called stockpiling. It’s exactly the kind of thing you’re meant to do when preparing for an apocalypse ;) 

Those prepper channels on YouTube are making a big mistake not telling gamers to stock up on Plus along with their extra water and toilet paper.

• Like 2