S.T.A.K.E Magnum alternative??

Is there a viable alternative for Village of Shadows without the Stake Magnum? I'm 2 playthroughs in but my first playthrough had dreadful rng for enemies dropping Lei so I'm quite a ways off being able to buy and fully upgrade the STAKE. So it's either use an alternative weapon or do another playthrough focused on getting money.....

The grenade launcher isn't that useful in VoS, if you're having trouble you could always sell your weapons, the Duke will sell them back to you at a higher price of course but it is one way of helping with getting Lei, another thing you could do is use one of the infinate ammo weapons you have and make sure to sell all the ammo you get along the way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sylvanticore said:

The grenade launcher isn't that useful in VoS

The grenade launcher is very valuable, esp in the Factory where the all the mechanical enemies can be stunned with the Flashbang rounds to have an easier time killing them. 

TC, if you have the unlimited ammo for the grenade launcher, you can make do. You can flash everything to make it easier to kill them or to run by them if you're low on ammo. If you do use the GL, make to always reload right away before swapping to a DPS weapon so you can stun the enemies right away when you need to.

Lei issues, always grab the treasures and crystals. If you're not using a walkthrough, at least have a treasures location guide. My first playthrough, I upgraded nothing to save money. 2nd run was the knife only run. On my 3rd playthrough, I had enough (sold all weapons and ammo except the GL and made a separate save before you buy the STAKE to unlock the other weapons' unlimited ammo) to get the STAKE and one last ammo upgrade away by the time I was ready to fight Lady D. The 4th ammo upgrade gives you 26 rounds which is more than enough to kill Lady D. Grab her crystal and you have enough for the full upgrade and unlock the unlimited ammo.

Edited by Gryfter

8 hours ago, Gryfter said:

The grenade launcher is very valuable, esp in the Factory where the all the mechanical enemies can be stunned with the Flashbang rounds to have an easier time killing them.

Gonna be honest I forgot about the flashbangs, I just did the whole thing with the S.T.A.K.E.

4 hours ago, LethalLuke1993 said:

When younsay Chris rifle are you referring to the WCX or the Dragoon?

The Dragoon. 

Chris doesn’t have access to any other weapon. He has a special pistol, but you don’t need to get unlimited ammo for it. 

However, if you can, you can also use the save exploit to get unlimited ammo for the Wolfsbane magnum. That magnum should be sufficient in Village of Shadows. 

If you don’t, the next best thing is unlimited flash grenade and Dragoon combo. 

Edited by BestUsername----

The Wolfsbane does as much dmg as the STAKE if not more (the stats dont show correct value it's weird, but if you test on a strong enemy, Wolfsbane will down it in less shots). STAKE just fires much quicker so has higher DPS.

Wolfsbane and GM79 are more than enough, in fact VoS is so easy with this setup or the STAKE setup, that you really must think if the extra million is really worth it. You are literally spending twice as much to make the game perhaps 5% easier

GM79 can flash stun all enemies  almost including knocking Miranda out of her darkness phase, then you have Wolfsbane for the dmg!!

Edited by Optinooby

5 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

The Wolfsbane does as much dmg as the STAKE if not more (the stats dont show correct value it's weird, but if you test on a strong enemy, Wolfsbane will down it in less shots). STAKE just fires much quicker so has higher DPS.

I think it does more damage depending on who you fight. The wolfsbane does more damage to Lycan enemies as it has a passive ability.

9 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

I think it does more damage depending on who you fight. The wolfsbane does more damage to Lycan enemies as it has a passive ability.

Thats what im saying, seems to do more to all enemies!

It says lycans in description, but apparently the coding gives the enemies all the same type names according to dataminers so who knows. 

I just did VoS with Wolfsbane + GM79 and all was fine, easy, I think STAKE is overkill if im honest

On 14/06/2021 at 7:37 AM, angelbless45 said:

Yeah, Wolfsbane+GM79 should be enough if you dont have enough Lei...STAKE would be the prime candidate in terms of speed and DPS, but the former is a very good alternative.    

Definitely, if you have enough for STAKE, go for it as it is the best weapon!!

Though if somebody is quite a bit of Lei off and doesnt wanna do another playthrough to grind Lei, then go for Wolfsbane!! 

I think the Wolfsbane is better value, its crazy they made the STAKE cost so much, u pay an extra million for faster fire rate and bigger magazine basically. Id prefer dual wield Wolfsbane fir same price xD

(btw Angel, just done the rating ;)) 

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

I'm doing VoS using the GM79, and it's trash lol, but I'm going for Frugal Dad as well so I can't re-buy the Wolfsbane

I'm almost done now, just need to beat Heisenberg, Chris section and the final boss

Edited by TalalHmd

47 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

I'm doing VoS using the GM79, and it's trash lol, but I'm going for Frugal Dad as well so I can't re-buy the Wolfsbane

I'm almost done now, just need to beat Heisenberg, Chris section and the final boss

The Explosive Rounda are trash on VoS, but the Flash Rounds are awesomw, most the time you just lob a flash and sprint past the enemies

On my 8hr Platinum Speedrun, I do Frugal Father/Knife Only/100%/No Healing on 1st play, the way around Frugal Father is to keep the Magnum and GM79 in ur inventory, but sell everything else, I save M1911 till last to sell. Useless to you now, but a method to know if u ever decide to platinum properly again! 

U cant even buy an inventory upgrade on Frugal Father as 10000 voids it states no more than that, has to be 9999 or less, learnt that the hard way ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1