Turbo Controller recommendations

Speling_Expirt

As the title suggests, I'm in the market for a turbo controller to make grinding a bit easier. I've never bought one before so just looking for the best recommendations for a fair price. 

Are there any models to avoid, or, is a certain brand better?

Located in the UK ??

Thanks

• Like 1

I can tell you one to avoid: Pictek.

It only works on PS4 (as far as Sony consoles). The main issue I have with it is that the button you want to turbo must remain pressed. So if you want to do AFK grinding, you have to get something heavy and use it to keep the button pressed down.

The only good thing that I can say about it is that the battery lasts a very long time.

I've heard that the Hori Fighting Commander is good, but I can't say from experience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I use the Hori Pad 4 FPS Plus and really like it. It has turbo, rapid fire, and even works on your PS3! It also has a button on the back that lowers your sensitivity on the right analog stick, making it easier to get more precise aim in shooting games.

How are those shoulder buttons? That picture makes them look a little uncomfortable to press.

27 minutes ago, nyarLOLhotep said:

How are those shoulder buttons? That picture makes them look a little uncomfortable to press.

Despite how it looks, it feels good enough in actual use. No sharp edges digging into my hand. L2 and R2 are digital buttons, rather than analog, so that should be noted for games where it matters. The face buttons are all digital too, which may or may not matter for the PS3 games that actually used analog face buttons.

• Like 1

Just now, AihaLoveleaf said:

Despite how it looks, it feels good enough in actual use. No sharp edges digging into my hand. L2 and R2 are digital buttons, rather than analog, so that should be noted for games where it matters. The face buttons are all digital too, which may or may not matter for the PS3 games that actually used analog face buttons.

Perfect! Thank you! When I'm not playing FPS my resting hand position would put my fingers right where the uncomfortable spot looks. Both of my Dual Shocks are not long for this world so I will try one of these as a replacement.

18 hours ago, LOWERCASESUCKS said:

As the title suggests, I'm in the market for a turbo controller to make grinding a bit easier. I've never bought one before so just looking for the best recommendations for a fair price. 

Are there any models to avoid, or, is a certain brand better?

Located in the UK 1f1ec-1f1e7.png

Thanks

The best one imo is Titan Two https://www.consoletuner.com/products/titan-two/ Its not a controller but its a device that plugs into your console and you plug in your controller into it. It works with all consoles you can make any controller work with any console. You can make or import scripts to set turbo for specific buttons or turn button combinations into 1 or 2 buttons. You can set rapid fire, anti-recoil, quick scope, etc. Depending on the game you can automate a lot of things making you a beast online or offline :)

Edited by PS_Bowser
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Do You know how it works on street fighter x Tekken for grinding? How that controller works ? I just put something on the x?

2 hours ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Do You know how it works on street fighter x Tekken for grinding? How that controller works ? I just put something on the x?

I haven't played Street Fighter x Tekken, but the controller has rapid fire, which means you get continuous input without putting any objects on the buttons.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 5:48 AM, Tetho_mig said:

I have an Hori Fighting Commander, which is my main fighting game pad. Nice and sturdy gamepad which also work on PS3 and have a turbo option.

As this is a fighting pad this is not a defect per se, but it does not have sticks.

Is it this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Commander-PlayStation-Officially-Licensed-4/dp/B01GVOFIAA/ref=pd_vtp_6/141-5580343-7208158?pd_rd_w=uGcJn&pf_rd_p=016e3697-91be-4dc2-9533-ef9350e7e73d&pf_rd_r=5PV3BEB6WM5SZDYHT977&pd_rd_r=397e0921-6d97-449f-9b30-c702767b19e2&pd_rd_wg=RJ1WJ&pd_rd_i=B01GVOFIAA&psc=1

Looks quite cool actually.

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

That's it. I have the PS3 version released forever ago and it's quite good. I use a stick for fighters, but I do like the Fighting Commander for games that make heavy use of the D-Pad since it's a lot better than what's on the DualShock IMO.

• Like 1

I use the back button turbo attachment for the PS4. Yes the paddle has to be pressed down but you can easily wrap around an elastic band and just leave it. Very simple to attach and use and kind of feels like a scuf controller. It’s also very cheap at the cost of around £7-£8 so if you don’t want to buy another controller like me (because I already have 3) then that’s an alternative you can go for

• Like 2