The Game with a solid platinum description

16 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I think the plat description is funny, but there have been an unbelievable amount of garbage games popping up lately. And I keep seeing them on the "Popular Games This Week" list ....

Yes it is funny, and apparently there is no character limit for devs on their platinum descriptions lol

I also agree, there are so many easy plat games in the recent past. I am guilty of doing one or two, like my name is mayo, but I don't understand how you want to buy crap games just to pad your stats here. 

17 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I think the plat description is funny, but there have been an unbelievable amount of garbage games popping up lately. And I keep seeing them on the "Popular Games This Week" list ....

Welcome to the new normal of trophy hunting! It's really sad to see people playing actual trash just to raise their platinum count. I won't say people haven't always tried to get easy plats to raise their count, but in the past, there was less emphasis on the EZPZs. 

People forget why they started trophy hunting and ironically have stopped playing fun games in order to boost their count instead. That's why I really don't pay attention to the leaderboards. No way I can compete with these EZPZs. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

Yes it is funny, and apparently there is no character limit for devs on their platinum descriptions lol

There is. There is a game where a developer hits the limit and mentions it in the description. Someone will probably link it below.

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Remember the heady days, a mere decade ago, when the 10th easiest platinum available was less than an 80% rarity? 1f602.png

Screenshot-2021-07-13-at-19-37-42.png

Times sure have changed since then 1f602.png

Surely you can tell the difference between a few games being super common because of being visual novels (which were mostly Japanese only too and pricey) vs the shovelware that's being pushed out weekly by multiple different publishers intent on taking money from these trophy hunters (and they're doing a wonderful job of that lol). 

Times have changed a lot, but I tend to stick to playing the games I'd play normally. If a visual novel I'd play normally happens to have a high %, oh well. But I do feel a bit of pity to people that play multiple stacks of games they probably don't like for the sake of numbers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Surely you can tell the difference between a few games being super common because of being visual novels (which were mostly Japanese only too and pricey) vs the shovelware that's being pushed out weekly by multiple different publishers intent on taking money from these trophy hunters (and they're doing a wonderful job of that lol). 

Of course I can… I was agreeing with you…

Also #ERROR# - GENERIC “DON’T CALL ME SHIRLEY” JOKE #4328 NOT FOUND^

…you think just because I like some Ratalaika games that I don’t recognise what their trophy policy - and Breakthrough - have done to the minds of some trophy-loving folks?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Of course I can… I was agreeing with you…

Also #ERROR# - GENERIC “DON’T CALL ME SHIRLEY” JOKE #4328 NOT FOUND^

…you think just because I like some Ratalaika games that I don’t recognise what their trophy policy - and Breakthrough - have done to the minds of some trophy-loving folks?

No I actually think if people like some Rat games, that's fine honestly. It's the people that stack hundreds of them that I am not a fan of. 

Because we know Ratalaika is just a publisher, and despite their shitty trophy lists, some of their games can be a bit of fun. 

• Like 4

Street Fighter V platinum description is great.

Tower of Dragonasia from the same developer also has some cool descriptions.

6 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Welcome to the new normal of trophy hunting! It's really sad to see people playing actual trash just to raise their platinum count. I won't say people haven't always tried to get easy plats to raise their count, but in the past, there was less emphasis on the EZPZs. 

People forget why they started trophy hunting and ironically have stopped playing fun games in order to boost their count instead. That's why I really don't pay attention to the leaderboards. No way I can compete with these EZPZs. 

Lol i was surprised with the owners number (997) on Disaster Report Summer Memories when i started, been better than i expected, the good games getting overshadowed more and more by Steam trash everyday this year. Gladly believe some more people got this title after i added it to my profile.

3 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

Otterific at least put some effort in their trophy descriptions (though not in the requirements), and they don't charge you a lot of money. £0.79 isn't exactly highway robbery.

You'd get more entertainment from taking a $1 bill and setting it on fire than this game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Wattam had great trophy descriptions.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10119-wattam

Big Poop, Middle Poop, Just a Little Poop
Congratulations! This is a trophy commemorating the discovery of all three types of Poop. However much the Big Poop may look like ice cream, be sure not to taste it because it is very assuredly Poop and will taste as such.

You should see some of PUSS!'s trophies https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/12357-puss

77aXGjf.png

On 15/07/2021 at 1:53 PM, ThatMuttGuy said:

You'd get more entertainment from taking a $1 bill and setting it on fire than this game.

On 15/07/2021 at 3:54 PM, Thrillhelm said:

Actually no as a $1 bill doesn't burn for 20 minutes.

So...

...you're saying...

that if it did, then he would be right? :hmm:

You kinda undercut your own point a bit there - you're saying that watching something burn for 20 minutes would, in fact, be more entertaining than the game in question...

...and using that as a point in the game's favour...?

Dude, you should check out candles some time...

they are gonna blow. your. mind. ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4