Half-Life Alyx and Black Mesa - any chance of these games coming to PS4????

rockstarjazz

I think Alyx has a decent chance of coming to PS VR 2 but not the first model headset. The controls would be too awkward for the Move wands for PS VR 1. I think Valve is interested in seeing the VR medium grow and Sony should want as many good VR-exclusive titles as possible if they want to sell the headset to non-believers. Maybe they could work something out together.

Black Mesa is a fan game so I doubt it will be ported outside PC. I'd love to see it though. Maybe an Orange Box Part II with Black Mesa, Portal 2 and I dunno, CS: GO? Just having Portal 2 on current gen PlayStation would be great. The first one too for that matter, and the entire Orange Box. 

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 1

It would be nice if they ported over Black Mesa, HL2 with all the new updates, and Portal 2 in a new Orange Box repack. I'm not sure about HL Alyx since it seems to require more advanced VR than the current PS VR, although if Sony builds a newer VR or Valve goes through the trouble to "downgrade" Alyx to make it work. As I recall, Skyrim had to be downgraded for it to work on PS VR.

Alyx has zero chance. They want to push their $999 Index bundles.

Maybe the more conventional games have a chance of coming to console but I also doubt that unless Valve makes a deal with one of the major companies. (i.e. Sony or Microsoft but in the case it would end up becoming console exclusive)

Black Mesa might be a fan game, but it's still Half-Life. Valve could probably make a deal with Crowbar Collective to get it ported to PS4/5.

Whenever (or if) there's a Half-Life 3, they should give closure to HL2 Episode 2's brutal cliffhanger. Maybe have HL3 use its first chapter or two for tying up loose ends, then have a time skip where HL3's story starts in earnest.