Are the Dark Zone trophies easier or harder now?

Thomas2400

So this game is over 5 years old and the division 2 has been out over two years 

Looking through the list the only trophies that worry me are the dark zones ones but kill 20 rogue agents has been done by over 5% of players according to the trophy stats on my playstation and all the other dark zone trophies have been done by more people in some cases significantly more 

Is it just a case of keeping my fingers crossed that the dark zone will be less populated or will I need to find people to help me out  

• Like 1

I 100%ed the game at the start of the year and I’m from New Zealand which I’m guessing is the least populated regional server and I still encountered other players in the Dark Zone. The majority of the time I didn’t actually encounter them in the same area I was and I only had an extraction hijacked once. The rogue agent kills is easily done if you have a second account which is why 20 kills was my fifth trophy earnt even though it’s the rarest base game trophy. The advantage of using an alt is that when you are killed as a rogue agent you lose a Dark Zone key so using an alt means you gain keys if you plan on spending any time in the Dark Zone outside of getting the related trophies. If you don’t have an alt it’s easy enough to boost with another player.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14-8-2021 at 0:51 AM, Thomas2400 said:

So this game is over 5 years old and the division 2 has been out over two years 

Looking through the list the only trophies that worry me are the dark zones ones but kill 20 rogue agents has been done by over 5% of players according to the trophy stats on my playstation and all the other dark zone trophies have been done by more people in some cases significantly more 

Is it just a case of keeping my fingers crossed that the dark zone will be less populated or will I need to find people to help me out  

I finished this game in April and for me in Europe there were still many players occupying the dark zone. My gear was just above 256 and in that dark zone bracket it was very easy to find people but to actually kill them was very hard because these were players that are really invested in the game and have the best gear and setups to kill people easily even if you have good gear. The easiest way to get this trophy in my opinion is to boost it with another account or player. Do make sure that your alternate account or friend is in the same dark zone bracket as you because if you have gear that is too high you cannot play with people that have low gear scores. 

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 5/11/2023 at 10:54 AM, XXIIlII said:

I think the game is dead now. I finished the extraction trophy and didn't see a single player so no one bothered me and that's a good thing. Will have to boost the 20 kill trophy though.

Me and a friend boosted it back in January and only a few times did we run into other players. 

• 10 months later...

I'm currently level 27 and enjoying the game so far (besides of the DZ stuff). I entered the zone very early with level 15 and it was a nightmare in DZ01. I wanted to extract some shitty gear and got overrun by 5-10 NPCs with big shields and I was like "wtf?".

Edited by Stevieboy

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I'm currently done with everything except extracting from every point in the Dark Zone. I'm level 30, Gear Score 258...so I'm in the highest-tiered DZ servers and it's an absolute ballache having to fight level 34 enemies. It's also a ballache in its own right having to clear an extraction zone, starting the extraction, then having like 20 new enemies spawn in at the same time, while you're waiting for 2 minutes for the chopper to arrive (the shielded melee enemies being the worst).

I don't want to give up when I'm so close to the Platinum...but this isn't fun at all. I'm like nearly 100 hours in, and I'm kind of over it. 

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yeah, I'm currently done with everything except extracting from every point in the Dark Zone. I'm level 30, Gear Score 258...so I'm in the highest-tiered DZ servers and it's an absolute ballache having to fight level 34 enemies. It's also a ballache in its own right having to clear an extraction zone, starting the extraction, then having like 20 new enemies spawn in at the same time, while you're waiting for 2 minutes for the chopper to arrive (the shielded melee enemies being the worst).

I don't want to give up when I'm so close to the Platinum...but this isn't fun at all. I'm like nearly 100 hours in, and I'm kind of over it. 

If you can find someone in like Australia or something where the servers are basically empty all the time it's easy as sin aside from the higher zones having harder ai enemies 

1 minute ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

If you can find someone in like Australia or something where the servers are basically empty all the time it's easy as sin aside from the higher zones having harder ai enemies 

Other players aren't my issue, I've barely seen anyone else in there. It's the AI enemies being 4 levels above me and surrounding you from all sides while you're waiting for the extraction chopper. I really wish World Tier mattered here. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Other players aren't my issue, I've barely seen anyone else in there. It's the AI enemies being 4 levels above me and surrounding you from all sides while you're waiting for the extraction chopper. I really wish World Tier mattered here. 

Ah then you may need to find other players to help out aswell as getting some better gear that definitely helped me