Oh dear oh dear

FocusDR

2 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Actually, I conversed with at least 3 people in one of the previous threads that straight up said they had to buy these games to either "catch up" or simply because they just wanted the quick trophy boost, even though they didnt enjoy a fair number of what they were playing. They were completely aware of why they buy these and were ok with it. And that was that - no victims, no insults, just a couple of adults discussing the topic.

Why do you feel it's not exploitive just because it's cheap? "It's only a dollar" or whatever price doesn't change the fact that these are released for the aforementioned reason.

Edit-  We're at a point where this guy is releasing each level of his game as it's own game with it's own platinum. Do you honestly feel that's not exploiting the system?

- I was one of these people, and I am entirely okay with it. To each their own. But to shame on someone who chooses to do this with your own opinion is in my eyes wrong. It's not just the gaming community, it is everywhere in every subject on our planet now a days.

- I don't care if their $1-$15, I will still buy it. In a second region too, finances is not an issue here for me. Breakthrough still takes longer than Slyde, and Slyde has been out as long as Mayo was, but it went under the radar for the most part.

- Also these games were developed like this all the way back in 2016, originally as someones hobby for a Sunday School.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

Didn’t enjoy what they were playing/doing is a really low bar and I think impacts nearly every trophy hunter.  I am referring to awful waste of times like over the top grinds or boosting sessions where you are trading kills or doing some other manufactured requirement and  not really enjoying multiplayer.

Fair point, but I think there's a difference between doing a usually small part of the trophy list (mp boost, level grind etc) that you may not enjoy on order to 'finish up' and doing these exploitive games in order to 'catch up' - and a lot of that is probably based on the intent of these games to be honest, but that's probably a whole other debate.

20 minutes ago, Gecko-Byte said:

- I was one of these people, and I am entirely okay with it. To each their own. But to shame on someone who chooses to do this with your own opinion is in my eyes wrong. It's not just the gaming community, it is everywhere in every subject on our planet now a days.

Indeed.  And that goes back to some people being unable to discuss differing opinions without either A.) throwing out insults, or B.) trying to find some way to be offended so the whole thing blows up.

For example, I can say you chase the platinum numbers and you can say I chase my number of %100's.  Both statements are true and neither are insulting.

The point of conflict is the leaderboard and how each playstyle affects others in some way. The X hours I put in to get that %100 doesnt affect people playing the leaderboard game whereas your X quick platinums a week does.  

Anyway, while the discussions were enjoyable, they're getting stale, so I'm moving into the camp of "this is all pointless because the site owner is MIA"

Cheers

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I get a sugar rush when I buy hostess cupcakes and I especially love the lemon flavor but I wouldn't consider myself addicted to them every time I crave one. People buy these games not because they're addicted to them but because they want to raise their rank on the leaderboards or their platinum count so the addiction is to their hobby and not the games, which are just a means to an end. To compare it with gambling, which can be something for nothing feels disengenious because with this game you're getting exactly what you pay for. To call this predatory is quite honestly an insult to actual predatory practices that go on 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, majob said:

I get a sugar rush when I buy hostess cupcakes and I especially love the lemon flavor but I wouldn't consider myself addicted to them every time I crave one. People buy these games not because they're addicted to them but because they want to raise their rank on the leaderboards or their platinum count so the addiction is to their hobby and not the games, which are just a means to an end. To compare it with gambling, which can be something for nothing feels disengenious because with this game you're getting exactly what you pay for. To call this predatory is quite honestly an insult to actual predatory practices that go on 

I said I didn’t think these were predatory - just exploitative.

I took issue with your assertion than for any business model to be predatory, the items on sale had to be of substantial individual financial cost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

The point of conflict is the leaderboard and how each playstyle affects others in some way. The X hours I put in to get that %100 doesnt affect people playing the leaderboard game whereas your X quick platinums a week does. 

PSNtrophyleaders has the leaderboards many ask for here, nobody is stopping anyone in using another platform. Majority does use both, just people that want to change psnprofiles don't.

If you have the mindset where you want ranks in the main category leaderboard but you cannot play the secondary game the main leaderboard chases in the high numbers (these easy plats) then it is what it is, but to most it NEEDS to and does create the conflict to begin with.

Just play your games and be proud of em? I don't even understand why there is a conflict to begin with. Do you want the rank numbers too? Like what is the mindset why people need to go off on main leaderboard chasers and these games? (False allegations that it hurts the Indie developers is absurd. Sony and Microsoft is not their main platform, we get stuff ported) If you really want to know your rarity board or whatever be it, there is platforms out there that do track this even though I do wish PSNprofiles did build in other leaderboards, if they choose not to then its entirely 110% up to them.

Blame Sony not Psnprofiles or players, as they do not manage this, and their honestly the main focal point if you want to attack these games existing in the manor they do. (Back in ps3 days this was not even a thing, indies rarely and almost never got Platinums, fact of the matter Sony and almost every developer truly doesn't care about achievement hunters.) Even if these games didn't have Platinums, I would still purchase if the difficulty of the trophies was the same and likely stop at a 4.99 max price tag on them, instead of a $15, of which was my mindset back on my old ps3 account I lost due to not remembering my login details after my Ps3's HDD just said CY@.

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I took issue with your assertion than for any business model to be predatory, the items on sale had to be of substantial individual financial cost.

So you can bleed them next week and the week after...at minimum

There is a reason these games aren't 19.99. There is a reason scratch and lotto tickets aren't 10$. There is a reason baggies of heroin aren't 100$

If you make it so people can afford it they won't think twice about spending their money on it.

No one is saying you can't play games for trophies but there has to be a reason beyond seeing a number going up because at the end of the day you will never play enough to surpass any of the top leaders.

I am probably not going to post in these threads anymore. It is really depressing. It really is.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gecko-Byte said:

PSNtrophyleaders has the leaderboards many ask for here, nobody is stopping anyone in using another platform. Majority does use both, just people that want to change psnprofiles don't.

If you have the mindset where you want ranks in the main category leaderboard but you cannot play the secondary game the main leaderboard chases in the high numbers (these easy plats) then it is what it is, but to most it NEEDS to and does create the conflict to begin with.

Just play your games and be proud of em? I don't even understand why there is a conflict to begin with. Do you want the rank numbers too? Like what is the mindset why people need to go off on main leaderboard chasers and these games? (False allegations that it hurts the Indie developers is absurd. Sony and Microsoft is not their main platform, we get stuff ported) If you really want to know your rarity board or whatever be it, there is platforms out there that do track this even though I do wish PSNprofiles did build in other leaderboards, if they choose not to then its entirely 110% up to them.

Blame Sony not Psnprofiles or players, as they do not manage this, and their honestly the main focal point if you want to attack these games existing in the manor they do. (Back in ps3 days this was not even a thing, indies rarely and almost never got Platinums, fact of the matter Sony and almost every developer truly doesn't care about achievement hunters.) Even if these games didn't have Platinums, I would still purchase if the difficulty of the trophies was the same and likely stop at a 4.99 max price tag on them, instead of a $15, of which was my mindset back on my old ps3 account I lost due to not remembering my login details after my Ps3's HDD just said CY@.

I don't think you really understand what we're trying to say.

We play plenty of games and have fun with them. Right now I am enjoying Max Payne 3, sure it's hard and time consuming but I enjoy the game for what it is. However, some of us aren't directly attacking you people as much as we're attacking the amount of easy games coming in thru the store, which is what we really should be talking about. They are both predatory and exploitative.

Yet a few of you will blindly attack us because you guys truly believe we are attacking your profiles. We haven't, at least not too often. Someone just told me "you cannot justify what people can and cannot buy". So I can't speak out against these games? That's the kind of attitude that pisses me off. We all have to stand on a soapbox and try to talk down to people who oppose our opinions. Both sides are guilty. Neither side is innocent. I'm guilty, even I can admit to it.

I have a bunch of games I bought that don't even have platinums, I got them because I wanted to experience them for myself. I wanted to have some fun, and that is what gaming should be about at the end of the day.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gecko-Byte said:

Psntl also has a “normal” Leaderboard, so, by that logic, we can eliminate as well the Leaderboard here, yes?

3 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Psntl also has a “normal” Leaderboard, so, by that logic, we can eliminate as well the Leaderboard here, yes?

It has a completionist leaderboard and a "Rare" leaderboard in addition to a "normal" leaderboard. The big problem with the "Rare" leaderboard is how the values are adjusted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

So you can bleed them next week and the week after...at minimum

There is a reason these games aren't 19.99. There is a reason scratch and lotto tickets aren't 10$. There is a reason baggies of heroin aren't 100$

If you make it so people can afford it they won't think twice about spending their money on it.

No one is saying you can't play games for trophies but there has to be a reason beyond seeing a number going up because at the end of the day you will never play enough to surpass any of the top leaders.

I am probably not going to post in these threads anymore. It is really depressing. It really is.

Heroins can arrive at 100 euros, it’s different from the lotto tickets, since the vendor can analyse the buyer on a more personal level and push for a different price,  depending on the situation and if  the person is already hooked, and the quality is unsurpassed (ex regarding trophies: a Sony game currently might be fast and easy, but not THAT easy, quick and cheap).

The same can be said for those at the very top of the Leaderboard, low prices are a powerful model against Ratalaika but once the people at the top, want to stay at the top, they’ll be willing to pay much more than 1 euro/dollar

Just now, AJ_Radio said:

It has a completionist leaderboard and a "Rare" leaderboard in addition to a "normal" leaderboard. The big problem with the "Rare" leaderboard is how the values are adjusted.

Yes, I’m familiar with the site, a DLC is the equivalent of those Rata games in that  rarity Leaderboard.

25 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

We play plenty of games and have fun with them. Right now I am enjoying Max Payne 3, sure it's hard and time consuming but I enjoy the game for what it is. However, some of us aren't directly attacking you people as much as we're attacking the amount of easy games coming in thru the store, which is what we really should be talking about. They are both predatory and exploitative.

So stand up in mass against Sony and Microsoft for xbox instead of crying about it in a secluded forum in the corner of the internet that Sony gives 0 care about? Maybe if many do come forward then maybe it would be cut back or monitored? I doubt it will be cause its mostly people that don't play games lining their pockets with royalties here, so I doubt it will ever end so maybe just come to terms with it cause it may not ever change?

Every one of these games that come out its a repeat of the same people complaining in mass to others that otherwise cannot solve the issue in the slightest grain possible. It's an endless debate between people who play no cards and don't even own a card. Can look at these repeated people and see its every single Rata, Eastasiasoft, and breakthrough and many more games entirely and always without one getting by them... Maybe instead of arguing it inside, take it to the developers and platforms that are causing it to happen?

If it's of any measure if we could get these games to stop, I too would sign a petition, I maybe do them, but I do them within a reason cause it feels like I have to if my goals is too climb a generalized face-based leaderboard, if not then having this goal is further than arbitrary than it already is.

Remember the ps3 days when these indie types were locked to 1 Gold, 2-3 Silvers and 7-8 bronze? (This wouldn't stop me from buying them occasionally, but it would definitely slow me way down if it wasn't 11gold, 1 silver, 1 platinum)

Edited by Gecko-Byte
Last scetence.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Because that's quite honestly what's required for something to be predatory. To exploit a demand with a price point that's entirely unfair and over the actual market value of the item. These games, garbage they may be, are fulfilling a demand and  fulfilling a demand in a marketplace isn't predatory. Otherwise Hershey is being predatory towards chocolate lovers

EDIT: My apologies, you called them exploitive originally and I definitely wouldn't argue against that.

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Heroins can arrive at 100 euros, it’s different from the lotto tickets, since the vendor can analyse the buyer on a more personal level and push for a different price,  depending on the situation and if  the person is already hooked, and the quality is unsurpassed (ex regarding trophies: a Sony game currently might be fast and easy, but not THAT easy, quick and cheap).

The same can be said for those at the very top of the Leaderboard, low prices are a powerful model against Ratalaika but once the people at the top, want to stay at the top, they’ll be willing to pay much more than 1 euro/dollar

It doesn't matter how crap something is if its affordable for most. Just five years ago the easiest platinum trophies were imported Japanese visual novels on the PS Vita, which were very costly. Only people like Hakoom were able to afford those games. The average person wasn't going to spend $50 - 60, that would be ludicrous.

If the PS Store charged $5 - 10 a piece for these easy games now, you can bet most people wouldn't touch them. One reason why a lot of easy stuff from 2016 - 2018 is basically ignored by those who are chasing the leaderboards.

Dr Mayus really made a good point with his observation. It's a strategy that works, just like products in other markets. For all that I've said, I actually sort of applaud these game developers for knowing some simple economics.

6 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Yes, I’m familiar with the site, a DLC is the equivalent of those Rata games in that  rarity Leaderboard.

I haven't been on the website lately, but DLC as I recall has rather skewed values. Trophies that are 'prestige' (any trophy under sub 1 percent) have 10 times the value of the next tier trophy. Someone with a lot of 'prestige' trophies is easily at the top of the "Rare" leaderboard on PSNTL, which makes it completely lopsided.

7 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

If the PS Store charged $5 - 10 a piece for these easy games now, you can bet most people wouldn't touch them. One reason why a lot of easy stuff from 2016 - 2018 is basically ignored by those who are chasing the leaderboards.

Lol, I pay for plenty 12-14 dollars games that are shorter than Breakthrough games (Where you hit R1 and watch text fly, with no "game" whatsoever to be had)... And that is without the tax. Rata games cost me $8 per now with tax included and I have metric tons of 2017-2019 ez-platinums done as well. I stop at 1 region for stacking, I have and know my limits.

Edited by Gecko-Byte

8 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

But even take these same games and give them 6 bronze trophies and no plat...would the same people still buy them? If the answer is No then the people buying them should really think about why they are buying them.

Also, i hope some of the people see that the reason a lot of us are against these games is not to "insult you" but to try and help. The same way you would want to help someone addicted to alcohol or gambling. Those things by themselves are not a problem...but over time they can create an unhealthy addiction and that is what we are addressing.

I had a friend that one year decided to put the money she spent on scratch cards into a jar instead. She was blown away by how much was in there and took the money and went on a trip.

The same people would buy them if it were 6 bronze trophies and not a platinum but less people would, they'd just become lower priority and search for cheaper games with more trophies in instead then come back to these games when they had run out of cheap hits.

This is evident with the Hamsters Arcade Archives which all the leaderboard chasers used to buy (many still do, but only the richer guys bother now)

6 pounds/dollars for a 100% list that you can do in 10-20 minutes, that used to be the lucrative currency. Then games like My Name Is Mayo make platinums a more worthwhile endeavour, now it's just cheap platinum dollar games. Before Arcade Archives it was The Walking Dead but that's way too much effort and time for some people now, plus those games were mostly pricey.

Hamsters Arcade Archives still come out frequently but they are no way near as popular as they used to be. A lot of those games have not aged well at all and might have been fun for a quarter in the 80s. At least those have an excuse for being bad, they were made in 1981 or whenever and not made in 2021!

The hit of getting trophies now all resolves around

(A) Price

(B) Time to collect them

(C) Quantity of trophies

and perhaps

(D) Effort involved

The hit and effort has slowly been getting diluted over time.

It's basically like starting on Beer, then cheap wine, then expensive wine and then finishing off somewhere along the lines with incredibly cheap high powered vodka.

There is definitely a hit for popping trophies as I experience it too, I think on one game I popped something like 8 trophies in a row, it honestly felt like winning the jackpot or something, and it did feel good.

This is certainly what people who buy these games experience, I can honestly understand first hand why these games are popular.

That is what makes them all the more worrying, people will literally play any old shit, as long as it's cheap and can be finished within minutes.

A lootbox with a 100% pays out.

Very clever.

19 minutes ago, Gecko-Byte said:

(This wouldn't stop me from buying them occasionally, but it would definitely slow me way down if it wasn't 11gold, 1 silver, 1 platinum)

"slow me way down"

Who are you in a race with?

So even back then you were being manipulated by the trophy system.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

It doesn't matter how crap something is if its affordable for most. Just five years ago the easiest platinum trophies were imported Japanese visual novels on the PS Vita, which were very costly. Only people like Hakoom were able to afford those games. The average person wasn't going to spend $50 - 60, that would be ludicrous.

Dr Mayus really made a good point with his observation. It's a strategy that works, just like products in other markets. For all that I've said, I actually sort of applaud these game developers for knowing some simple economics.

I haven't been on the website lately, but DLC as I recall has rather skewed values. Trophies that are 'prestige' (any trophy under sub 1 percent) have 10 times the value of the next tier trophy. Someone with a lot of 'prestige' trophies is easily at the top of the "Rare" leaderboard on PSNTL, which makes it completely lopsided.

Just checked my profile there  out of curiosity.

I own 15 prestiges, with the exception of Capcom cabinet (grind), the plat in UMCV3 and SSF4 (fair enough) all my unearned prestiges  are DLCs, culminating with tons of prestiges, from the most illustrious and pristine  (like really, so many years after it got a DLC) Conan Exiles.

Ugh, the owner of the site made it so that base game owners are counted  for DLCs, and now people are jumping at shitty DLCs to climb the rarity Leaderboard, and since those doing this are a small minority, there’s no risk in those trophies like Conan Exiles getting more common.

16 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

"slow me way down"

Who are you in a race with?

So even back then you were being manipulated by the trophy system.

I am a trophy / achievement hunter. So yeah sure if you wish to speculate it that way. I choose it on my own accord.

I am in a race with nobody just myself wanting a goal point, which I did hit already with this months grind since July 27th. Finishing off what was bought, while getting the small things until the "last breath" of my grind which I have dated hopefully for the end of this month. (About 20 titles left) Going to sit back and enjoy the tons of games I bought for full price since their release dates since 2018, and the massive amounts of ps3 disc games I been stockpiling the last 3 months.. If I stay above 1k World and 50 Country, may not see many of these games done by myself anymore anyways. I wrote out both ez-platinum list and "real game" lists and the "real games" are almost up to the 300 number which sadly, look like all great titles. You interpret us climbers really poorly. This hardly even dents my pocket book like even in a tickle.

Really only becomes a true problem when someone legit puts their sanity or finances after a trophy.

Edited by Gecko-Byte
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

snip

Some of those Arcade Archive titles are actually a bit annoying and hard. I actually struggled with Art of Fighting 2 until I found an exploit using a certain fighter. Others like Double Dragon II I heard people struggled with.

Some people still think they're EZPZ, but I bought some of those because I was actually interested in playing those games. I wasn't going to turn down Sunset Riders or Contra.

9 hours ago, TKdovahkiin said:

@Sly Ripper is too here. Of course he delegates through the CRT and mods. Apparently Sony created the trophy system. 

You guys are the ones getting no where with your endless bitching over not getting the recognition you think you deserve. You can't even agree on what you want here on this little game thread, on leaderboard threads or anywhere else.

None of you masterminds put together seem to be capable of even coming up with a cohesive idea. Yet you want the one working at keeping one simple, successful website running as is to do it all. 

Like children demanding what WE WANT!! Let me give you a hint:

Neva gonna get it.

Preach, wish I could give you all my daily upvotes and hey we all need a dose of validation, where's my goddamn parade.

Le wink~

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Gecko-Byte said:

I am a trophy / achievement hunter. So yeah sure if you wish to speculate it that way. I choose it on my own accord.

I am in a race with nobody just myself wanting a goal point, which I did hit already with this months grind since July 27th. Finishing off what was bought, while getting the small things until the "last breath" of my grind which I have dated hopefully for the end of this month. (About 20 titles left) Going to sit back and enjoy the tons of games I bought for full price since their release dates since 2018, and the massive amounts of ps3 disc games I been stockpiling the last 3 months.. If I stay above 1k World and 50 Country, may not see many of these games done by myself anymore anyways. I wrote out both ez-platinum list and "real game" lists and the "real games" are almost up to the 300 number which sadly, look like all great titles. You interpret us climbers really poorly. This hardly even dents my pocket book like even in a tickle.

Really only becomes a true problem when someone legit puts their sanity or finances after a trophy.

Hey dude,

Thanks for sharing your views, that was an interesting read. I don't envy you having to maintain being above 1k World and 50 Country. I only tend to bother with completion percentage and unearned trophies which I like to keep high, and low. I guess I have the advantage that if I decide to sleep for two weeks, the stats I have won't change.

I bet all the easy games are a blessing and a curse for you, just looking at your trophy list, I bet you wish you had a Japanese account so you can buy more stacks?

It does seem like a shitty disadvantage that some people have 6 or 7 accounts for almost every region in the world, giving them that extra advantage over other people.

Still, I'm not envious of having to participate in the race that doesn't have a finishing line and potentially lasts forever.

15 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Some of those Arcade Archive titles are actually a bit annoying and hard. I actually struggled with Art of Fighting 2 until I found an exploit using a certain fighter. Others like Double Dragon II I heard people struggled with.

Some people still think they're EZPZ, but I bought some of those because I was actually interested in playing those games. I wasn't going to turn down Sunset Riders or Contra.

Yeah definitely, even with save scumming some of them are really tough, it's like pretty random, almost like no playtesting goes on to determine whether the score trophies are doable. Sometimes super easy, or super hard. It generally depends on whether or not the game resets your score when you continue the game, or if you can insert credits to keep giving yourself multiple lives in the same credit. There's also games where you might get a super score bonus when you complete game that unlocks the score trophies, it's just that you don't know until you actually finish the game.

"Puzzled" Joy Joy Kid is a really fun Tetris clone that i used to play a lot with my wife, that game is super hard, took me days to finish that one.

And a few weeks ago, those King Of The Monsters games, the game basically cheats.

Edited by enaysoft

19 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Hey dude,

Thanks for sharing your views, that was an interesting read. I don't envy you having to maintain being above 1k World and 50 Country. I only tend to bother with completion percentage and unearned trophies which I like to keep high, and low. I guess I have the advantage that if I decide to sleep for two weeks, the stats I have won't change.

I bet all the easy games are a blessing and a curse for you, just looking at your trophy list, I bet you wish you had a Japanese account so you can buy more stacks?

It does seem like a shitty disadvantage that some people have 6 or 7 accounts for almost every region in the world, giving them that extra advantage over other people.

Still, I'm not envious of having to participate in the race that doesn't have a finishing line and potentially lasts forever.

I am absolutely and perfectly fine with only stacking from Europe. I got a Japanese account already that I downloaded Free Subnautica and some free 100% dance title from, and do not wish to stack anything for JP, HK or AS and of which I already stated here and you went over it and chose to make a point on something I already said my share on, so you can further an agenda you interpret with your own opinion that I already debunked. So no I don't wish for it. I chose my poisons already, and know my limitations I laid for myself in that matter. -- Also, yes it is a blessing and a curse, I wish I could have my Ps3 account from 2009, but I lost my Ps3 and was given a Ps4 many years later when I thought I have fully converted to be a PC gamer, so it is a good way to get back in the system. With my technological know-how now a days I have fixed my ps3 and am now stockpiling the old games I used to have Platinumed, and honestly looking forward to getting around to them. I honestly am looking forward to my end-game goal here to finish off the remainder of what I have with this fodder.

Not going to disagree with you on the advantages of people having multiple regions of accounts but again, Sony could legit fix this with one simple, easy patch with just a few lines of coding if they wanted to, and they definitely will not cause their pockets still get lined. Their CEOs who do not even play games, is manning the artillery here.

43 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

In May I bought all them up to that date, not really caring if their easy, but this boomer wanted them cause their games I grew up with really. These games are honestly notorious to modern gamers on their difficulties. But most were arcade titles to make you spend more coins, they are intentionally this way for a reason. So I hope to have a blast with them when I get around to them. :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TKdovahkiin said:

*snip*

Like children demanding what WE WANT!! Let me give you a hint:

Neva gonna get it.

Just to say that this and the Wouldn't want to upset the leaderboards hahaha, with private trophies alone is what made this thread worth a read for me ? more power to you!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Aodir said:

Just to say that this and the Wouldn't want to upset the leaderboards hahaha, with private trophies alone is what made this thread worth a read for me 1f602.png more power to you!

Addressing perhaps, the elephant in the room is that the leaderboards are just for this site alone. The stats are likely way different including all users of PSN, and likely more than 80% of all trophies are under 0.1% rarity (and the decimal doesn't seem go any lower than 0.1% so super super rare accuracy is no longer known)

Currently the site hosts

5 million games
370,000 trophies tracked
3 billion trophies
249 million games played

That's a whole lot of data. No idea how profitable the site is with advertisements and the "subscriptions". The data being stored is going to be rising exponentially though as time goes on.

Imagine if this site was no longer profitable one day and it was decided that it be better closed, and then overnight all the leaderboards gone.

That would be quite a day.

• Like 1

Even if you included cheaters and banned players, PSNP still doesn't come anywhere close to the numbers on PSN. In hindsight, trophies were, and will always be something a small minority of players partake in.

I go by the old saying. "90 percent of everything is crap". Profiles, users, statistics, it doesn't matter. Most of everything is shit. That's why I take pride in being one of the few. When the dumbass masses out there buy the same generic Call of Duty and Madden over and over and over, I prefer to enlighten myself with some more obscure material.

The internet was better off when it was just a bunch of computer geeks and nerds. At least PSNP is a sort of safe haven from all the bullshit surrounding the big websites. Even if the statistics ultimately mean nothing, which is true in more ways than one.

In short, I will repeat myself. If you guys are feeling miserable stacking these games, then just stop. You will never reach the top of the leaderboards, as that is entirely a measure of how big your wallet and how much are you willing to throw it away.

• Like 2