Should I go for the platinum or should I pass?

SoliDeoGloriaIHS

Go for it... you will enjoy it. The game is not what people say it is.

Was a huge grind in the past (came out in 2013 ps3) is way more easy now as long as you focus on platinum and not DLC trophies. I personally got the platinum 3 times and will do it again for ps5.

As a note.

Some of the ''glitched trophies'' happens when people don't properly track thing's like the under the bridge, knife flights and stunt jumps.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I wouldn't mind helping. The problem is my poor internet, I'll have to test out some games. Doesn't look like there is anything too difficult in the base game online trophies.

? Cool.  Keep me posted.  I don't think any of the main game trophies are too difficult.  Either normal play or boosting. 

Just now, Facas said:

Go for it... you will enjoy it. The game is not what people say it is.

Was a huge grind in the past (came out in 2013 ps3) is way more easy now as long as you focus on platinum and not DLC trophies. I personally got the platinum 3 times and will do it again for ps5.

As a note.

Some of the ''glitched trophies'' happens when people don't properly track thing's like the under the bridge, knife flights and stunt jumps.

Okay cool.  Thank you for the tip! ??

3 minutes ago, LosAngelesPride said:

Are you planning on also doing the DLCs and the heists 

I have some of the dlc trophies already.  I would definitely go for some of the dlc trophies as well, but not the Doomsday Heist ones.  No....just no. Lol

Going for lv 100 is only hard if you play solo. Avoid public sessions, outer players will not let you progress.

Btw do the jumps, bridges and knife flights online. The reason for this is that you show up near the location were you died instead of the near hospital.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LosAngelesPride said:

Understandable 1f602.png I'm aiming for the 100% so I'll have to get through the Doomsday Heist 1f601.png

I do not envy you that.  I have a friend who is going for the 100% and is currently playing (or shall I say working) the Doomsday Heists and he hates his life.  He said when he is done with the game he is going to smash the damn game disc. Lmao

21 hours ago, Facas said:

Going for lv 100 is only hard if you play solo. Avoid public sessions, outer players will not let you progress.

Btw do the jumps, bridges and knife flights online. The reason for this is that you show up near the location were you died instead of the near hospital.

Thank you for the tip.

• Like 1

as someone who has got the 100% twice i can say that this game is definitely a fun game, story mode is awesome and the online isnt to bad either, nor is the game particularly hard, however its a massive time sinkhole, even using exploits its going to be atleast like 150-200 hrs if you want the 100% aswell. so the choice is really up to you, if you have time besides work and love this game id say go for it.

• Like 2

The heists can be a pain with randoms (you'll have to do multiple setups and finales). Try to stick with a team or have at least 1 other player who knows what needs to be done. 

For the final grind to level 100 I recommend to go for special cargo missions or grind whatever the 2xp/3xp weekly event is: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/events

You can create a public session with only yourself in it by manipulating your WIFI settings:

PS4
If you are on PS4, you can also do the following while in your public lobby. Go Settings --> Network --> Choose Network --> Custom.

Leave everything as is, but for MTU, enter 800. Just remember to undo this setting if you want to play another game or join a public lobby!

From https://www.gtaboom.com/solo-public-session-gta-online/

Online is not that bad. You can use AFK methods for the level 100 and then boost everything else from the base game during a single boosting session.

It only gets painful if you want to do heists with randoms, but that's not required for the platinum, only for 100%.

For me the single player is more daunting due to collectibles all over the map.

• Like 1

I have replayed the single player story at least 5 times. It’s truly amazing and a ton of fun. I tried getting into the multiplayer but the ridiculous loading times was a massive turn off for me, so I quickly decided to not even try it out. Loading for 3-4 minutes to get into a race was just insanely boring. The SP trophies are a little bit of a grind but still fun to do. Prepare for a lot of collectibles spread out over a large map. But you can simply use a chopper to get them quicker with the exception of a few that all are in the sea requiring a submarine. 

You also have to invest in the stock market to get enough cash to buy every establishment on the map. There are great guides on how to do this while doing the assassination missions. You will become a billionaire on all 3 characters. 

Strangers and freaks are also fun as hell. Getting the 100% trophy will require you do to almost every single activity in the game. Running marathons, throwing darts, car races and much more. But you will probably enjoy every single minute of it. 

Edited by Quink666