PS Vita off to rough start in Taiwan (Can we say "Fail")

Wade_VC

Rainie Yang, Sony Computer Entertainment Taiwan's new spokeswoman has become a PR nightmare, following a large fumble she made when asked about her favourite PlayStation game, answering with Nintendo's flagship title Super Mario Bros.

In an attempt to divert attention from her mistake which only further added to the embarrasment, Yang proceeded to pose with Sony's new handheld, only to hold it the wrong way up.

This isn't the first time that Yang has made embarrasing remarks in the media, as in 2003 she stated that the Second Sino-Japanese War was eleven years long, when in fact it lasted only eight years.

Yang has since apologized, stating that it was her decision to leave school early to pursue her entertainment career that has left her at a disadvantage, and has said she promises to study her history a bit more.

Source: Industry Gamers

I was a little worried for a second, when I glanced at the title I though it was about the Vita having poor sales figures. Of course I now remember the Vita hasn't been released anywhere yet...

Anyways, I don't think this will have any effect on the sales of the system, however I do think the woman in the article should have some trouble finding some work for the next few months making a mistake as stupid as that. Hell, maybe Nintendo will hire her to help boost sales of the 3DS. :rolleyes:

Parker

The Vita isn't failing, but the spokesperson is. The Vita will obviously get noticed now that everyone sees that a celebrity fucked up with it. (I doubt this would of made news is everything went ok.) I guess it's nice that the Vita screen can flip for left handed ppl I guess?

hahaha. then the network gets hacked and We wonder why :shakefist: . there are situations where hiring one on seer intelligence along is a plus, like a programmer, designer someone behind the scenes. but someone to be in a PR position you think they would hire someone with some common sense :shakefist: . I'm sure Nintendo will call and thank her for the publicity. a definite PR fail. :huh:

Favorite Xbox title = God of War

Favorite PlayStation title = Zelda

Favorite Nintendo title = Halo

Im a hardcore gamer and my favorite console is the WiiStation360... LOL!

Thats kinda a big mistake for her to say that Super Mario is her favorite PlayStation title... DOH!!!

Hahaha, this is brilliant. Who is this person? I must shake her by the hand :D

What is really sad is that this incompetent moron probably gets paid more a month than what most make in 6 months...just goes to prove my thoughts: Most administrators and higher management are fucking clueless.

What is really sad is that this incompetent moron probably gets paid more a month than what most make in 6 months...just goes to prove my thoughts: Most administrators and higher management are fucking clueless.

Yupp, indeed. Who else thinks she got her job partly because of her gender? I know I do...

This isn't the first time that Yang has made embarrasing remarks in the media, as in 2003 she stated that the Second Sino-Japanese War was eleven years long, when in fact it lasted only eight years.

Other than the obvious idiot remark,i dont get why people would mock her for not knowing how long a war was.... :S

who gives a shit about all of this, has nothing to do with vita

PR spokesperson for SONY, representing the VITA to the press. Maybe not the device itself, but certainly the short-comings of the Marketing and PR as it pertains to the VITA. If the head of PR isn't familiar with the product, how can they fairly represent it?

In regards to:

Other than the obvious idiot remark,i dont get why people would mock her for not knowing how long a war was

The back-story on this is, that prior to coming to SONY, this gal was the PR representative to the Japanese Historical Society. I think they are referencing the fact that she has shown a continual lack of knowledge in the products or firms she represents.

• Like 1

Lmao Wade. I swear you must know the people I work for.

How on earth is this incompetence accepted? Just doesn't make sense.