How easy is this games platinum?

XxTerryH15xX

On 6/13/2014 at 10:21 PM, effdeegee said:

Maybe it's just me but, it seems like every review that "you heard of" usually ends up being total crap until you play it yourself.

All I ever heard was:

1. It's a cheap, terrible movie game - Bullshit! Some of the facial expressions and body movements during minor, mid-level cutscenes may not be the best graphics ever but, when you're in the heat of battle and diving between cover and shooting and blowing stuff up, the graphics and gameplay are extremely well done. Bullets hitting concrete walls and dust flying, all the little body reactions to everything; very nice indeed. It has a good storyline and fantastic sound and voice work as well.

2. It's short - Bullshit! Some levels are a 20-30 minutes and 1 or 2 firefights but, some levels are an hour long or more and the battles keep going and going. Multiply that with the fact that you're probably gonna die 10 times during the rough sections and the cutscenes can't be skipped and you get the feeling like this damn thing is never gonna end. Whenever you hear someone say they beat it "in like 5 hours or whatever", slap yourself for believing that YOU can beat in 5 hours.

3. It's easy - Bullshit! On hard, this game possesses some of the most frustrating sections ever. Combine uber sensitive controls, erratically moving enemies and a camera that just won't stop fucking rocking all over the place, and it's insanely easy to go through 400-500 bullets and not hit a single target. It might be mildly easy if you had the pleasure of playing co-op with a partner that isn't a total moron but, playing solo means, even though there's several people on your team, it's pretty much you against the world because, unless you understand how to position yourself so that they can be effective, your teammates couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a shovel. They couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. You literally have to flank the enemy, stand up and say "Over here!", make the enemy turn around and then MAYBE your teammates might actually shoot something.

So keep in mind, it's not short, it's not easy and it's not a bad game. ;)

For the most part, I would have to agree with you. I just finished playing the game solo and enjoyed it. I have played a lot worse and a lot better, a lot harder and a lot easier. What is easy for me is hard for someone else and vise versa. After all, we're individuals, not carbon copies. As for the freezing up, locking up, crashing and glitching problems that everyone is complaining about. I have found this to be a problem on the PS3 when there is too much clutter ( game saves, undeleted messages etc. ) left on the systems memory. I make it a regular habit to store game saves on flash drives. To delete completed games, game saves, unnecessary messages, etc. off the system memory before starting a new game. It only makes sense, the less your system has to contend with the less chance that something can go wrong. Now as for skipping cut scenes and game dialog - I don't understand this practice. That is like buying a candy bar, taking a bit out of it and throwing the rest away so you can buy another candy bar and take a bit out of it. (???) The good has no meaning or value if you never experience the bad.

• 11 months later...
14 minutes ago, ziggypop_79 said:

Just started this because people said it was easy, it’s not that easy! Graphics are PS2 standard at best, very poor gameplay also. 

lmao, agreed, this shit is super hard, and all the bugs and glitchs just makes it harder, and if you started on easy, just you wait until your normal and hard playthroughts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ziggypop_79 said:

Just started this because people said it was easy, it’s not that easy! Graphics are PS2 standard at best, very poor gameplay also. 

It is not difficult but it is not easy either.

You got to remember though when this game came out there werent 200 easy peasy plats. So games like this were consider "trophy whore" games as all it required was beating it on hard for a bunch of golds.

• Like 1

This is on the same level of Burnout, which is 10/10 would break this game if I had the chance. I never want to touch this garbage again. It’s like a 3 or a 4 in difficulty, but that’s cuz the game is badly designed and the AI is practically useless. The guns felt like BB guns. I was getting Fallout 3 flashbacks, and not the good kind.

Beat the game on hard, I enjoyed it, as you progress it does get easier, as you learn how to defeat each type of enemy. 

The main problem i had was completing Angie, due to the lack of check points. The hardest part was the tank mission tagged on the end, which should have been separate. 

Edited by ziggypop_79

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Got this game in the mail earlier today and platinumed it just now (took me 5 hours including two crashes/freezes, time spent idling, and a shower lol). Easy plat, but it's frustrating. Hard mode is hard because it basically feels as if it is RNG based. It's RNG whether or not your teammates will distract enemies for you, or if they'll even bother shooting enemies while you distract them (necessary for a specific enemy that can ONLY be killed by shooting its back - go figure), whether or not a certain enemy type will casually stroll over to you and punch you through cover (which is an instant kill btw), whether or not enemies will remain static or flank you, or even whether or not your AI teammates will even bother showing up when you advance to the next section. Vehicular sections were abysmal. 

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...