Gaming Sessions Reputation Idea

willmill97

6 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

SOMETHING HAS GOT TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS!! I am fed up creating sessions and people not showing up. One guy is online playing another game and wouldn't reply to my message. There needs to be a way to sort out the good sports from the bad. Have their name highlighted in red or something? I have all the names of these time wasting players written done and none will EVER be allowed join a session I create in the future. We are taking turns getting this trophy and managed to start a game with a random. The guy who earned the trophy first is staying until all others have the trophy. That is the kind of players I'm looking for!! Two spaces that could have been filled by people that actually wanted the trophy were lost because of these idiots. Please weed out the good from the bad. PLeeeeaaase!!!

A reputation system has already been implemented. You can rate everyone except yourself after a session has ended on the gaming session page.

3 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

A reputation system has already been implemented. You can rate everyone except yourself after a session has ended on the gaming session page.

That is just in trial. I want something that tells me a bad player BEFORE they join my session!!

2 hours ago, Hogie838 said:

That is just in trial. I want something that tells me a bad player BEFORE they join my session!!

Then just have patience. In the meantime I recommend to set the amount of gamers that can join to infinite, so you'll have backups in case of no-shows. I've had enough gamers to continue the boosting session with this method.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Then just have patience. In the meantime I recommend to set the amount of gamers that can join to infinite, so you'll have backups in case of no-shows. I've had enough gamers to continue the boosting session with this method.

Thanks so much for your help. I'm looking forward to this being implemented. Hopefully it's soon!

Okay, so we were boosting the "Poker Ace" trophy from Red Dead Redemption yesterday which requires 6 people to play 6 full games of poker until we all unlocked the trophy. We decided to fold every hand until the blinds were maxed out and then we would all push in and whoever won the game would earn the trophy, continuing this pattern until all of us had the trophy. One guy went berserk after the first game because he didn't get the trophy and demanded to get the trophy in the next game or else he would leave. I told him that wasn't happening and just to go now because if we had allowed him to get the trophy in the next game he would have just left anyway! Now he could easily leave a terrible rating for me because of this which is why I think this system is useless. What I would like to see is something more in the line of flagged game disputes - 3 strikes and you are off the leaderboards. So maybe people who act up, don't turn up or leave after they have earned the trophy without helping others get a mark against them. After a certain number of bad marks they are banned from gaming sessions. This doesn't have to be permanent but could be for a set time like 6 months or 1 year. I think something like this would make people more wary so they don't just add their name to EVERY session 'incase' they may want to do it. @Sly Ripper I'm hoping you might give this some thought. Thanks for your time.

On 19/08/2017 at 2:04 AM, Hogie838 said:

Okay, so we were boosting the "Poker Ace" trophy from Red Dead Redemption yesterday which requires 6 people to play 6 full games of poker until we all unlocked the trophy. We decided to fold every hand until the blinds were maxed out and then we would all push in and whoever won the game would earn the trophy, continuing this pattern until all of us had the trophy. One guy went berserk after the first game because he didn't get the trophy and demanded to get the trophy in the next game or else he would leave. I told him that wasn't happening and just to go now because if we had allowed him to get the trophy in the next game he would have just left anyway! Now he could easily leave a terrible rating for me because of this which is why I think this system is useless. What I would like to see is something more in the line of flagged game disputes - 3 strikes and you are off the leaderboards. So maybe people who act up, don't turn up or leave after they have earned the trophy without helping others get a mark against them. After a certain number of bad marks they are banned from gaming sessions. This doesn't have to be permanent but could be for a set time like 6 months or 1 year. I think something like this would make people more wary so they don't just add their name to EVERY session 'incase' they may want to do it. @Sly Ripper I'm hoping you might give this some thought. Thanks for your time.

Bad idea. Very bad idea. Seeing how the current rating system works, pretty much in two weeks of implementing your idea, there would be no one in gaming sessions since everybody would be banned by then. People will downvote you for any reason really, including they not even participating in the session and putting everybody as 'no-show'.

Follow Dragon-Archon advice and create a bigger session with lots of backups. It worked before the rating system, it works now too.

5 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Bad idea. Very bad idea. Seeing how the current rating system works, pretty much in two weeks of implementing your idea, there would be no one in gaming sessions since everybody would be banned by then. People will downvote you for any reason really, including they not even participating in the session and putting everybody as 'no-show'.

Follow Dragon-Archon advice and create a bigger session with lots of backups. It worked before the rating system, it works now too.

Well, maybe it would only count as a mark or whatever if the person who claims the other person was a no show by showing proof like a video of everyone that showed with the person who didnt show not being there idk, like for example you cant make a claim and be believed without absolute proof i mean

I think with a system like what I described people would be vigilant about joining boosting sessions - and not just joining for the sake of it! If there is a real penalty put in place it would prevent all the time wasters joining sessions and not turning up etc. I mean the session I created - the rules were simple! If everyone had just followed what I said it would have been completed in 3 hours and everyone would have been happy. Instead, it was a complete disorganised mess because people were being selfish wanting it to be JUST THEM that got the trophy. I honestly don't get it! I've never played like that. If I join a session and unlock all the trophies I needed I'm always more than happy to stay and help others with theirs. Did they not realise everyone would have their turn and get the trophy? It's so frustrating...

19 minutes ago, The__High_Ground said:

Well, maybe it would only count as a mark or whatever if the person who claims the other person was a no show by showing proof like a video of everyone that showed with the person who didnt show not being there idk, like for example you cant make a claim and be believed without absolute proof i mean

Yeah like the majority of players in the session need to rate you as being a no show or disrupting session, leaving during the session etc. 1 vote wouldn't be enough but if 6 people were in the session at least 3 must give you a bad mark for it to count...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

I think with a system like what I described people would be vigilant about joining boosting sessions - and not just joining for the sake of it! If there is a real penalty put in place it would prevent all the time wasters joining sessions and not turning up etc. I mean the session I created - the rules were simple! If everyone had just followed what I said it would have been completed in 3 hours and everyone would have been happy. Instead, it was a complete disorganised mess because people were being selfish wanting it to be JUST THEM that got the trophy. I honestly don't get it! I've never played like that. If I join a session and unlock all the trophies I needed I'm always more than happy to stay and help others with theirs. Did they not realise everyone would have their turn and get the trophy? It's so frustrating...

Yeah like the majority of players in the session need to rate you as being a no show or disrupting session, leaving during the session etc. 1 vote wouldn't be enough but if 6 people were in the session at least 3 must give you a bad mark for it to count...

Yeah I agree with most of what you suggested. I just suggested to have some things in place to protect people from being false flagged or something, and i agree with the after 3 strikes or so have maybe 1 month without being able to join or setup game sessions heck that actually sparked an idea in my head, first offense, like a week. 2nd even more 3rd even more and so on and so on so if you see someone has alot of offenses you probably will know they wont show anyways lol

• Like 1

I don't understand the current feedback system. Why is there both a "good" and a "great" option? If the point of this is to "tag" players who have a history of not showing up at sessions on time, then you really only need a report button. If a player wants to report another player, they should be able to do so, using some kind of survey system. If a player gets enough marks against them, their names should show up in red or something, or maybe a message is sent to the host and they have the option to manually add them or not. I see no reason to force every player to fill out this survey for every single person for every single gaming session.

If the system is going to be in place, there only needs to be three options: good, neutral, and bad. Great is pointless. People like me (you know, awesome ones) are just going to score everybody "great" unless they had a really bad experience with someone. That's going to skew any kind of fair rating system that you are trying to create.

7 hours ago, The__High_Ground said:

6 hours ago, Hogie838 said:

I think you guys really need to read this thread before suggesting stuff like that. Seriously, read it and you will see why it's a bad idea in general.

• 4 years later...