more buggy trophy???

iLmIgLiOrE91

sorry guys i'm going back to aliens fireteam elite over a month after its launch since so many patch updates have come out, but immediately i noticed that the weapons in issues i have are already with the stars at maximum, but so it prevented me from getting various trophies I suppose, you tell me about it

From cold iron devs

"Hello folks! I wanted to bring you an update regarding our next patch. To confirm, we won’t have another patch this week, nor next week, but we're still working on the other known issues, and hope to have them resolved as soon as possible. Remember you can review our #known-issues channel for a list of the most prominent and common issues that we’re aware of and actively working on, including the date it was last updated.

https://discordapp.com/channels/784529217685291008/888208456732012606/888208925491597392"

• Like 1

"We have heard the reports of people encountering players who mod the game to cheat and negatively affect the experience of those they play with. Modifying the game or your character file in any way is currently not supported or encouraged by Cold Iron Studios. We will be patching the game to stop some ways players are modifying it and negatively affecting other players' experiences. As we do this, we cannot guarantee that any save files or characters of those who have modified their game will continue to function or be recoverable after the fact."

yeah dont expect trophy fixes for a while.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 4:19 PM, offdutysuperhero said:

"We have heard the reports of people encountering players who mod the game to cheat and negatively affect the experience of those they play with. Modifying the game or your character file in any way is currently not supported or encouraged by Cold Iron Studios. We will be patching the game to stop some ways players are modifying it and negatively affecting other players' experiences. As we do this, we cannot guarantee that any save files or characters of those who have modified their game will continue to function or be recoverable after the fact."

yeah don't expect trophy fixes for a while.

These devs seriously need to get their priorities straight, else there won't be any players left to care about this game. Mods are a great way of extending the life of a game (they can even bring them back from the dead if they're good enough) and most devs welcome them with open arms but taking a hostile attitude towards mods and those who make them, is a great way to piss off the playerbase and ensure sales decrease even more than they already have.

Here's the order I would fix things in:

1: Performance and stability - The PS4 version looks and runs like shit, thanks to texture streaming issues (you can thank the 1.04 patch for that) frequent framerate drops and numerous crashes both in and out of co-op. Also, the lag is horrendous at times - even when playing with a host who has a decent connection.

2: Progression blockers - I've been lucky and not had that many progressions issues when playing solo but in co-op, it's not uncommon for enemies to get stuck in the scenery and not be killable, thus forcing a a mission restart.

3: Trophy glitches - The intel trophy has been broken since day 1 on the PS4 but on PS5, the patches have broken several intel items so they either can't be picked up or bug out after being collected so they don't count. Don't forget the numerous other broken trophies caused by inadequate Q/A on certain patches.

4: Rebalance Extreme and Insane - I agree with some of the modifiers but friendly fire (who the hell thought that was a good idea?), the ammo capacity reduction (which is beyond idiotic), spawn rate increases, insta-kill enemies and the bullet spongeyness of enemies in general, just makes the game unnecessarily frustrating and unfair on the highest difficulties. Hoenikker also needs a serious rethink, because he's dumb as mud, constantly gets in the way, stuck on the scenery and makes dumb decisions which always result in him dying instantly. Most of the Hoenikker problems would be solved by making him invincible and giving him a gun that doesn't suck. Some level design tweaks wouldn't hurt either, because the collision detection is horrible and it's way too easy to get stuck on the random junk that clutters many areas of the game, plus some corridors are way too cramped, which leads to a lot of friendly fire accidents due to being unable to navigate around sudden enemy encounters. The RNG encounters have also got to go, because they make it near impossible to plan any kind of strategies or tactical decisions. I have beaten every difficulty except Insane and whilst the game is fairly easy going on Casual, Standard and Intense, the difficulty curve goes vertical once you hit Extreme and Insane because the incompetent developer's idea of increasing the difficulty, was dialling everything up to 11 and calling it a day - which is not how you balance a game! I like a challenge as much as the next person so I don't expect hand holding and free trophies but I do expect fair play and logical progression in the difficulty curve, which you simply don't get here.

5: Fix the malfunctioning and generally underperforming perks and weapons - There are way too many perks and weapons that either don't work at all or are so underpowered as to not be worth equipping. This could be done in conjunction with Point 5.

Whilst I'm at it, here are 8 urgently needed QoL fixes:

1: Give us a a detailed stat tracker! - Not being able to easily track kills, items found and mission completion on any given difficulty, is a huge PITA that makes the game even more of a slog than it already is.

2: Matchmaking overhaul - It's embarrassing, just how many basic features the matchmaking in this game is missing e.g. no option to join in-progress games, no dedicated servers, no host indicator, no option to narrow the search to specific regions and ping strength, no option to force a match to start or end when someone won't ready up, no option to disable Cross-Play, no connection quality indicators etc. etc.

3: Assign Hoenikker to a specific person so he doesn't wonder off! - Hoenikker is the single biggest problem for most players, simply because he's a brain dead idiot who insists on getting in the way and being a dick in general. Along with what I said in Point 4 in the above list, assigning Hoeinkker to a specific person so they can properly babysit him, would make mission 1-3 far less irritating and difficult.

4: Let us re-roll the Tactical Opportunities if ones appear that we have recently already done - Having the same handful of TO's appear multiple times inside a fortnight, gets old - fast so let us manually re-roll them once a day if we don't like the ones on offer.

5: Let us stack 2 or more different challenge cards on Extreme and Insane - Extreme and Insane get really cheap, really quickly, because of the aforementioned balancing issues but some of them could be mitigated by letting us activate 2 or more challenge cards that have positive affects e.g. having Human Tanks, Extraordinary Weaponry and Ammo Horder active simultaneously, would give players double health, +35% Weapon Damage and a big boost to Ability Damage, thus negating many of the issues caused by the bulletsponge enemies and Ammo Capacity reduction.

6: Rework the Challenge Cards - The challenge cards are a nice idea but at the moment, they're clunky, poorly thought out and once you have maxed out everything, XP is completely pointless which renders most of the cards useless. My solution is to do away with the utterly redundant rarity system, reduce the amount of cards by 2/3 since most are complete garbage and never get used, have 2 rewards as standard with a default multiplier of x2 for cash and XP (anything less than that is pointless), do away with the RNG pack in the Armoury and replace it with the ability to just buy as many of the individual cards as you please. I would also dump certain negative attribute cards since they tend to be more annoying and unfair than actually hard. Being able to trade in cards for Scrip would also be hugely beneficial and make certain trophies far less annoying. The most annoying aspect of the challenge cards, is the way you lose them if you fail a mission or get booted out due to either connection problems or crashes - this dumb idea has to go! Let us keep a card until the mission has been successfully completed, then by all means remove it from the deck.

7: Fix dumb and dumber AKA Alpha and Beta - The Bots in this game take stupidity to a whole new level and make the game even harder and more annoying than it should be. Numerous mods exist for the PC version, that take these two near useless blocks of wood and turn them into certifiable badasses capable of letting you solo the game up to and including Extreme difficulty.

8: Enough with the RNG weapon rewards - Just put all the guns in the store and price them accordingly, because it's boring as hell having to replay missions over and over, whilst praying you actually get something decent at the end of it this time. Whilst you're at it, give the Hidden Caches a single fixed spawn point in each mission, because the RNG spawns get incredibly irritating after a while.

Bonus Request: Focus on the real issues and stop patching beneficial exploits that aren't hurting anyone! Whilst I can understand fixing exploits in MP and online only games, there is zero point patching exploits in single player and co-op focused games unless they cause progression blockers and stability issues so focus on fixing the real issues that people have been reporting since launch, instead of stuff that isn't hurting anyone and no-one is complaining about.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

When they finally fix this game, I am going to have 6 or 7 trophies all pop at once. Aside from the difficulty ones, all my other trophies are glitched.

[edit] Incredibly the kiited out trophy popped for me just now, just 5 or 6 to go.

Game wise, for me they just need to fix 3 things

- FRAMERATE

I'd be happy to turn off all effects and shaders and just play in gouraud shaded minecraft style PS1 graphics on PS4, if I means I can get a solid 30 or more preferably 60fps. If Killing Force 2 can do it on PS4 at 60fps, I don't see why this game can't

- REMOVE FRIENDLY FIRE

I can't think of any game in existence the benefits from friendly fire, not one. Due to the nature of the game too, with both AI and even human players running in your way by mistake and many guns having such wide ranging blasts, you worry more about shooting your mates sometimes. It isn't really their fault half the time if they jump in your way since sometimes you just need to move. It would make the gameplay so much fairer if it was gone, I think they should reduce the difficulty too but just taking away friendly fire would help so much. I played a ton of Killing Force 2, that game is really fun on 6 player, especially with how tough the bosses are, but man if you had Friendly Fire on that game, it would be such a shit game. Can you imagine six of you stood in a long corridor all the time shooting enemies that ran to you? That would be so boring.

- STORY LIGHT option

There needs to be a way of making so the Lady on the mic just says, "Xenos behind you", "Xenos incoming" or other things like that. Having to listen to the story, in full, constantly gets so annoying after a while. How many millions of times do I have to hear the CY NT HIA story. I enjoyed the story to this game, but having to hear it over and over and over....

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

4: Rebalance Extreme and Insane - I agree with most of the modifiers but friendly fire, the ammo capacity reduction, spawn rate increases, insta-kill enemies and the bullet spongeyness of enemies in general, just makes the game boring and unfair on the highest difficulties so they have to go! Hoenikker also needs a serious rethink, because he's dumb as mud, constantly gets in the way and stuck on the scenery and thinks he's Rambo so capable of taking out hordes of enemies by himself which always results in him dying. Most of the Hoenikker problems would be solved by making him invincible and giving him a gun that doesn't suck, along with making him immune to being grappled. Some level design tweaks wouldn't hurt either, because the collision detection is horrible and it's way too easy to get stuck on the random junk that clutters many areas of the game, plus some corridors are way too cramped, which leads to a lot of friendly fire accidents due to being unable to navigate around sudden enemy encounters.

I'm just going to pick out this point.
Extreme and insane are both fine, everyday more people are beating both modes.  Insane is not a mode where you're going to get your hand held or carried, you need to put in the work.  You're not going to beat the harder insane missions with a random pug group.  And jumping group to group adds more hurdles in this process.  Also, at the end of the day, not everyone is going to build up the knowledge and tactics to beat the hardest difficulty.  If you can't beat extreme, then I can't see you beating insane without putting some serious work in.  And before you say you're awesome at the game, I remember playing with you and all you did was scream about floating in the air until I told you to quiet down, so we could focus.

If you're being hit with friendly fire than either you're rolling and jumping all over the place or someone is stifling shooting.  There enough room for everyone to shoot safely, one left, one right and one in the middle. 

Where and what are these insta-kill enemies?  What stage and where can they be found?

The only legit point you have made is dr.honk being dumb, and I agree he should not take FF damage.  However, when you understand how his AI works, there are at least 2 different methods I can think of, off the top of my head that makes him more manageable.  The fact that you mention he's being rambo tells me you're bringing him too close to the combat.

With your QOL Fixes
I agree with all of them except card stacking.  You don't need more than one card on, and it doesn't always have to be human tank.

With your 3rd qol point, as I said above you don't understand how his AI works, one person can baby sit him.

If you genuinely have some sensible feedback on the game, hop on the cold iron discord, they have dedicated channels for feedback and feedback discussion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jason_trixta said:

I'm just going to pick out this point.
Extreme and insane are both fine, everyday more people are beating both modes.  Insane is not a mode where you're going to get your hand held or carried, you need to put in the work.  You're not going to beat the harder insane missions with a random pug group.  And jumping group to group adds more hurdles in this process.  Also, at the end of the day, not everyone is going to build up the knowledge and tactics to beat the hardest difficulty.  If you can't beat extreme, then I can't see you beating insane without putting some serious work in.  And before you say you're awesome at the game, I remember playing with you and all you did was scream about floating in the air until I told you to quiet down, so we could focus.

I keep saying this but you haven't even started this game.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/13701-aliens-fireteam-elite/jason_trixta

You're more than welcome to join us anytime on PS4. Are you good enough though? :)

• Like 1

Kinda surprised people still care about this game. It might be playable around December, but I'm not gonna follow Cold Iron's sad ass around hoping they decide to become a game development studio.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Of course, but does he have the skills to play the PS4 version though, that's the tougher challenge.

Yes, I'm going to buy the ps4 version just to prove you wrong again.  And when I do prove you wrong, you will either move the goal posts yet again or cry to the mods to get posts removed (like you did last time).

"No one in the world can beat intense with bots" posts a video doing it, moves the goal posts

"Extreme is too hard" beats it with bots and posts video, moves the goal posts then cries to moderators to get posts removed.

"You haven't even started the game" - expects me to go out and buy the ps4 version.  Moves the goal posts to the ps4 version of the game.

You can't even beat the game on intense yet sit around on the forums crying about how hard it is.  I even offered to carry you through intense cos I feel sorry for you (and that offer still stands).

I've helped at least 6 of the people who have completed the insane grind who play on ps4.  And I'm one of about 3-5 players who have beaten this game and is still actively helping people get their trophies done.

You waste so much energy being negative and being entitled.  If you used that energy in a more productive way, perhaps you could get the trophies done?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jason_trixta said:

Yes, I'm going to buy the ps4 version just to prove you wrong again.  And when I do prove you wrong, you will either move the goal posts yet again or cry to the mods to get posts removed (like you did last time)

lol. I did wonder actually what happened to that thread, I noticed you replied to it but when I went to actually check it the next day, it was gone. So I have no idea what you wrote as I never got to read it.

At any rate, when you bought the PS5 version of Aliens FireTeam, you already got the PS4 version, it's cross buy. (unless you bought it physical)

9 hours ago, jason_trixta said:

Yes, I'm going to buy the ps4 version just to prove you wrong again.  And when I do prove you wrong, you will either move the goal posts yet again or cry to the mods to get posts removed (like you did last time).

"No one in the world can beat intense with bots" posts a video doing it, moves the goal posts

"Extreme is too hard" beats it with bots and posts video, moves the goal posts then cries to moderators to get posts removed.

"You haven't even started the game" - expects me to go out and buy the ps4 version.  Moves the goal posts to the ps4 version of the game.

You can't even beat the game on intense yet sit around on the forums crying about how hard it is.  I even offered to carry you through intense cos I feel sorry for you (and that offer still stands).

I've helped at least 6 of the people who have completed the insane grind who play on ps4.  And I'm one of about 3-5 players who have beaten this game and is still actively helping people get their trophies done.

You waste so much energy being negative and being entitled.  If you used that energy in a more productive way, perhaps you could get the trophies done?

The fact of the matter is you do not have the PS4 version on your trophy list. Therefore, I find it hard to support you in any way whatsoever if you're going to talk down to somebody who may not be or simply isn't as skilled in gaming as you are.

I absolutely loathe people who just come on to brag about their achievements or simply state they need to put others down because they don't have said trophies that many are saying are difficult. Granted, I don't like a lot of whiners when it comes to them crying about difficult trophies just as much as the next guy.

Many have complained about the PS4 version of Aliens: Fireteam Elite and I feel those complaints are justified. Also, the person you're talking down to has accomplished some hard stuff, so this makes this comment a little amusing to read.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jason_trixta said:

I even offered to carry you through intense cos I feel sorry for you (and that offer still stands).

I'm also pathetic and pitiful, in case you were looking for more charity work.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

The fact of the matter is you do not have the PS4 version on your trophy list. Therefore, I find it hard to support you in any way whatsoever if you're going to talk down to somebody who may not be or simply isn't as skilled in gaming as you are.

I absolutely loathe people who just come on to brag about their achievements or simply state they need to put others down because they don't have said trophies that many are saying are difficult. Granted, I don't like a lot of whiners when it comes to them crying about difficult trophies just as much as the next guy.

Many have complained about the PS4 version of Aliens: Fireteam Elite and I feel those complaints are justified. Also, the person you're talking down to has accomplished some hard stuff, so this makes this comment a little amusing to read.

I've never once said I'm a good gamer, I've said countless times that he is bad.  When you can't beat intense difficulty, something is seriously wrong.  You can beat intense mode with bots, he called me out and said was a lie.  As soon as I posted evidence that he wanted, he changes and makes a different excuse every time. 

There were 4-5 excuses he made (he cried to the mods to get all those posts removed), and I proved him wrong on them all.  Now his new excuse is "do it on ps4", I've helped countless ppl on ps4 get insane done.  He would rather sit around and whine instead of putting in work and getting the game done.

35 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I'm also pathetic and pitiful, in case you were looking for more charity work.

Dunno if you’re joking or not, but I'm always up for helping ppl that wanna put the effort in.

46 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I’m like 99% sure the only difficulty in playing the PS4 version of aliens fireteam is the fact it runs like crap and consistently has crashes, I did the whole game with someone on PS4 I was on PS5, it’s the exact same game the PS4 player just faced constant FPS issues and crashes. Before anyone says I haven’t platted the game I know I haven’t but I was one of the first people to do the insane difficulty so I know what I’m talking about, I’m not deleting my save to reset my progress because the devs can’t be bothered to fix it. The PS4 plat hasn’t been possible since day 1 anyways due to the intel glitch. 

3 minutes ago, jason_trixta said:

I've never once said I'm a good gamer, I've said countless times that he is bad.  When you can't beat intense difficulty, something is seriously wrong.  You can beat intense mode with bots, he called me out and said was a lie.  As soon as I posted evidence that he wanted, he changes and makes a different excuse every time. 

There were 4-5 excuses he made (he cried to the mods to get all those posts removed), and I proved him wrong on them all.  Now his new excuse is "do it on ps4", I've helped countless ppl on ps4 get insane done.  He would rather sit around and whine instead of putting in work and getting the game done.

I'm sure you're talking about the PS5, otherwise you would already have the PS4 version on your list with most of the trophies unlocked because one trophy is still glitched. Generally, I prefer people to earn their own trophies regardless of difficulty, but they are free to do as they wish.

You're basically setting aside all the comments regarding the FPS issues and crashing on the PS4 version, simply saying "they just need to get better". Put the PS4 version on your trophy account and play it at your own pace. Simply saying I've gone and done the PS4 version for other people isn't a good motivator.

The PS4 is last gen and games that will be having a PS4/PS5 counterpart, PS4 owners will be finding themselves at a disadvantage. It's like playing Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and Mighty No 9 both on the PS3. They're the exact same games as their PS4 counterparts, but that doesn't change the fact that they run like absolute shit on the PS3 due to the outdated, mostly dinosaur specs on the old console.

Someone just said they can play the PS4 version of Aliens: Fireteam Elite just fine on their PS5, so perhaps this is a PS4 issue that the developers haven't ironed out.

• Like 2