Overall Thoughts on Game? (NO STORY SPOILERS)

MystifyR

On 10/14/2021 at 6:14 PM, jh7459 said:

I also really like this, mainly because it gives you some leeway if one of the collectibles bugs out or something.  I'm looking at you AC Valhalla.

AC Valhalla is the first game that came to mind as to why I'm glad that for some of these collectibles you don't have to get all of them. It's generally a bad idea especially for a game as broken as that. Even CDPR had the common sense to make it so that you get a trophy for clearing each region in Night City as opposed to one trophy for all of it.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2021 at 3:10 AM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

AC Valhalla is the first game that came to mind as to why I'm glad that for some of these collectibles you don't have to get all of them. It's generally a bad idea especially for a game as broken as that. Even CDPR had the common sense to make it so that you get a trophy for clearing each region in Night City as opposed to one trophy for all of it.

speaking of cyberpunks trophy that actually saved me on my plat run. 1 area glitched in chinatown and was never accessable again but a save 50 hours back had it fine so I just went back and did the entire area again. as for this game so far honestly just been methodically switching between ps5 and ps4 to pop trophies on both without having to actually play much of the ps4 version. so thankful that with most trophies in this regarding collectables you can just save before the last one you need for trophy pop and transfer to the other version and quick repeat what you did to pop it again. makes for an easier time than the headache of ac where almost everthing autopopped apart from collectables at one point, I believe theyve fixed most of it now but it was still a pain.

On 13/10/2021 at 4:12 AM, Ashbo said:

It is more of the same, which is a little disappointing, but I would hope that for FC7 if they go there, they change it up in some way and make the game a little different and approach it from a different unique angle like Arkane Studios did with Deathloop. 

pretty sure Ubisoft has said the next AC and next FC will be heavily if already not online and perhaps online only with an ever evolving world over time

The Far Cry series is basically the Jack Daniels of gaming - you know exactly what you’re getting and the flavor remains consistent, but those who enjoy it keep going back. I’m definitely in that camp and I've been thoroughly enjoying Far Cry 6, so much that I got the platinum just the other day. All of the criticisms regarding the game mechanics and "sameness" of all the sequels are completely valid, but the Far Cry games always seem to scratch that particular itch for me. 

• 3 months later...

I really liked it, i enjoyed the story, loved that there are actual cutscenes, and you can see the playable character, the character actually has a personality, not like "Rookie" in FC5. I do think there enough changes to make it a unique entry in the series, and disagree with it being just FC5 with a new skin. I love the fact that you can swap out weapons whenever, that was a big annoyance with the previous games, love that you can just change your loadout in case you decide to go stealth of loud depending on the mission. love the modding system, and how perks can be applies to specific weapons, the signature weapons here are actually good, previous games i felt it was just the base weapon with set attachments, here the signature weapons and the resolver weapons actually have unique abilities. Thought the supremos were pretty cool. I actually really like that the clothing is the perk system, it makes you actually have to think about what perks you are using versus just buying out all the perks. Story wise, no spoilers, but i like how the main character actually has a stake in the war. Unlike Jason Brody, Ajay, and Rookie who were all outsiders coming in and becoming saviors to the area, Dani is Yaran and it makes sense for them to want to be involved in this conflict. i also liked how after each main missions all the regions increase rank, and the insurgent missions keep enemies in the game even after you finish, unlike in fc5 when the game was over it was empty.  There are a bunch of little changes that i really enjoyed but im not sure what people expected coming into this, its a farcry game so its always going to feel like a farcry game, if they completely changed the formula people would have complained that it should have just been a different game, i feel fc6 honors what i love about the series, and brings in some nice improvements.

Also i feel like critiquing the trophies should have nothing to do with the game, like yeah i get this is a trophy website, but the trophies in no way impact the game. it just changes how YOU, a trophy hunter play it. my main critique was we cant use 2 amigos, which i miss from fc5, no human amigos, and that there is no in game tracking like in fc4. 

On 10/16/2021 at 3:43 PM, sephirothdude said:

I'm enjoying it atm but they definitely need to try and do something different for the next one, what that is I don't know.

i dont understand this mindset. I want the next farcry game to be a farcry game, id also love if the developer woudl give the team an opporutnity to make a completey new IP, If you want something different, why not a different game, why change the game people already like?

Edited by JackyIsMad
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JackyIsMad said:

I really liked it, i enjoyed the story, loved that there are actual cutscenes, and you can see the playable character, the character actually has a personality, not like "Rookie" in FC5. I do think there enough changes to make it a unique entry in the series, and disagree with it being just FC5 with a new skin. I love the fact that you can swap out weapons whenever, that was a big annoyance with the previous games, love that you can just change your loadout in case you decide to go stealth of loud depending on the mission. love the modding system, and how perks can be applies to specific weapons, the signature weapons here are actually good, previous games i felt it was just the base weapon with set attachments, here the signature weapons and the resolver weapons actually have unique abilities. Thought the supremos were pretty cool. I actually really like that the clothing is the perk system, it makes you actually have to think about what perks you are using versus just buying out all the perks. Story wise, no spoilers, but i like how the main character actually has a stake in the war. Unlike Jason Brody, Ajay, and Rookie who were all outsiders coming in and becoming saviors to the area, Dani is Yaran and it makes sense for them to want to be involved in this conflict. i also liked how after each main missions all the regions increase rank, and the insurgent missions keep enemies in the game even after you finish, unlike in fc5 when the game was over it was empty.  There are a bunch of little changes that i really enjoyed but im not sure what people expected coming into this, its a farcry game so its always going to feel like a farcry game, if they completely changed the formula people would have complained that it should have just been a different game, i feel fc6 honors what i love about the series, and brings in some nice improvements.

Also i feel like critiquing the trophies should have nothing to do with the game, like yeah i get this is a trophy website, but the trophies in no way impact the game. it just changes how YOU, a trophy hunter play it. my main critique was we cant use 2 amigos, which i miss from fc5, no human amigos, and that there is no in game tracking like in fc4. 

i dont understand this mindset. I want the next farcry game to be a farcry game, id also love if the developer woudl give the team an opporutnity to make a completey new IP, If you want something different, why not a different game, why change the game people already like?

I don't mean completely get rid of the far cry formula but change it up a bit, game was a chore by the end for me, its clear they need to try or do something different for the next one, what's wrong with wanting a them to try something different and mix the formula up a bit ? 

1 hour ago, sephirothdude said:

I don't mean completely get rid of the far cry formula but change it up a bit, game was a chore by the end for me, its clear they need to try or do something different for the next one, what's wrong with wanting a them to try something different and mix the formula up a bit ? 

i guess the way i see it is if you order a cheeseburger, there's only so much you can do to it before its no longer a cheeseburger. Kinda like how devil may cry started out as Resident evil 4, but then they were like hey this is way too different. 

19 hours ago, JackyIsMad said:

Exactly my thoughts.  They made plenty of changes imo to the classic Far Cry formula.  Being an open world action/rpg game I'm not sure what other people would want or expect from a Far Cry game.  I think some people are just over Far Cry and that's totally fine...but to complain that it's not different enough makes no sense to me.  Maybe they could add zombies and change to 3rd person? LOL *Totally joking* 

I enjoyed this game FAR more than I did FC5 and New Dawn, those are at the bottom of my list. I liked the story, I like Dani (I went with female), I like MOST of the side characters, Giancarlo Esposito was great as always, I enjoyed the setting of Yara. And I just had fun with it overall...whereas with 5, I was bored most of the game. If I had to rank them (never played 1 and 2):

Far Cry 3

Far Cry 4

Far Cry 6

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon 

Far Cry: Primal

Far Cry: New Dawn

Far Cry 5

Edited by Viper

• 4 weeks later...

To me FC6 was disappointment.

It's not a bad game, but I was expecting a lot more.

The world is very beautiful and detailed, mechanics, combat, sound effects, customization, gun variety etc. was at good level, but I didn't enjoy the story and I was even bored at times...

Also the antagonists and pretty much all the characters were bland and didn't have enough depth.

Nothing wrong with the actor of main villain, but his script wasn't very good and they showed him so rarely and short times in this game, that it was hard to get any connection to him either.

Dani was pretty much just an "errand boy" and "tool" without character development and side antagonists/"mini bosses" were only an small obstacles who you need to kill along the way and that's it.

For example, when the FC5 had interesting story, great mysterious antagonists and i enjoyed the atmosphere, I didn't see/feel any of that in FC6.

Maybe the whole consept of revelution/dictatorship story just wasn't

interesting to me.

FC5>3>4>Primal>6>Blood Dragon>New Dawn.

Can't rank Blood Dragon higher, simply because it's a short game and more like a DLC.

I have kinda mixed feelings about FC2, so don't know where to put it exactly.

Somewhere in top 5.

Edited by TuomasH92