So what Games stack?

WickedSeraph

To my knowledge games like that are Sound Shapes, Motorstorm RC, and Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time. Personally I wouldn't auto-pop trophies through cross-save like that again after I did that with Sound Shapes and felt a little dirty for having done it. But it's your trophy profile, you do with it whatever you wish. It's not technically cheating since that's how the game was designed, but just be aware some people frown on it.

No, Final Fantasy X and X-2 share a trophy list with each other. So you earn a trophy in one version, and you only earn it once. After the first three games I listed above, developers started getting wise to people auto-popping trophies and starting making it so PS3 and Vita versions start sharing trophy lists instead of two separate for both versions. Or if they have separate lists, then the games don't cross-play so you can't auto-pop them. I want to say Playstation Allstars Battle Royale is like that, I think. Or maybe Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock. Games that are on the PS3 and PS4 have separate trophy lists, but you can't cross-play between them. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is like that, they each have their own trophy list and you have to do the work to get each platinum. I plan on getting the plat for each version of AC4, because I got the PS3 disk for it and bought the software upgrade so I could play it on the PS4. Because why not? I usually play AC games twice anyway, so might as well get trophies for both times. But I'm sure doing the work for both plats.

Auto-pop trophies are like cheating....I know pretty much all games but I would like to know what games have auto-pop trophies and how to avoid this shit,is it something like just avoid cross-save?...I only know Sly,Sound Shapes and Motorstorm RC that I remember...

Why is auto-pop trophies such a big deal? Really... i used auto-pop for Sound Shapes, Sly Cooper and Motorstorm RC and I think it's ok. I bought those games, I earned all trophies legit in one version and I didn't felt obligated to earn the same trophies all over again. And trophies auto-pop if you use the cloud save system so, it's not cheating...

• Like 1

Why is auto-pop trophies such a big deal? Really... i used auto-pop for Sound Shapes, Sly Cooper and Motorstorm RC and I think it's ok. I bought those games, I earned all trophies legit in one version and I didn't felt obligated to earn the same trophies all over again. And trophies auto-pop if you use the cloud save system so, it's not cheating...

It's not cheating, it's 100% legitimate seeing as it's done through Sony's official cross-save feature, but it is very, very cheap - nearly worthless to trophy hunters, something similar to a "pshh, really?" is stated when people see it, and the more double-platinums you have, the more frowned upon it is. At the end of the day though, it isn't cheating and because you're technically allowed to pop all of the cross-save platinum games you want because it's done in an official manner, but other trophy hunters simply won't care for double platinums if you point them to your profile. Many of us seem to have one double platinum though, I have one and I won't be getting any more, haha - I do admit it was cool to see all the trophies pop in a matter of 3 minutes though =P

I do hate that Sony added that as a feature but glad to see that they... seem to be fixing it, lol. Only keeping the list of double-platinum games to a small amount, thank God.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 4

I was gonna do Motorstorm RC 2x but I couldn't stop the trophies from popping -.-"

Does anyone know how I could stop them from popping if I ever buy Sound Shapes or Sly?

For me, Sound Shapes required me to go into the game settings menu to load my cloud save, it wasn't automatic or mandatory, so I'm pretty sure you're safe with that one - or disconnect from the Internet and play those =P

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

How is it cheating? I earned the plat legit and then Sony gave me 2 plats. I mean I could have re-earned Sly Cooper again but finding all those collectables twice wasn't really appealing so I didn't bother.

I know its not a legit cheat...I'm just saying that its pretty much like a cheat...because you're earning something you dont even worked for....ok you worked in one of the systems but then what?...get 2 plats having worked only in one of them.....I know its a Sony thing,but this ain't right.If you worked in the 2 plats all the way to the end...then ok no problem.

It's not cheating, it's 100% legitimate seeing as it's done through Sony's official cross-save feature, but it is very, very cheap - nearly worthless to trophy hunters, something similar to a "pshh, really?" is stated when people see it, and the more double-platinums you have, the more frowned upon it is. At the end of the day though, it isn't cheating and because you're technically allowed to pop all of the cross-save platinum games you want because it's done in an official manner, but other trophy hunters simply won't care for double platinums if you point them to your profile. Many of us seem to have one double platinum though, I have one and I won't be getting any more, haha - I do admit it was cool to see all the trophies pop in a matter of 3 minutes though =P

I do hate that Sony added that as a feature but glad to see that they... seem to be fixing it, lol. Only keeping the list of double-platinum games to a small amount, thank God.

Well said...I agree 100%...its pretty much like getting the plat on hannah montana only to have 1 more plat in your plats count...I mean for real?..

• Like 2

I know its not a legit cheat...I'm just saying that its pretty much like a cheat...because you're earning something you dont even worked for....ok you worked in one of the systems but then what?...get 2 plats having worked only in one of them.....I know its a Sony thing,but this ain't right.If you worked in the 2 plats all the way to the end...then ok no problem.

Well said...I agree 100%...its pretty much like getting the plat on hannah montana only to have 1 more plat in your plats count...I mean for real?..

But why do you care? I mean I could easily get the plat again but I didn't want to waste time finding annoying collectables again. You have quite a few cheap 100% in your collection as well. Should I be getting mad because you got the 100% in Welcome Park or Frogger, no because that is a dumb thing to get mad about.

If I (or anyone else) hacked the plats then that is something you can get upset about but Sony put that feature in to those 3 games and there is nothing wrong with taking advantage of it. It is a selling feature of the games, just like the Sly Mini Games you got the 100% for is a selling feature of that game as well.

• Like 4

Well said man!

• Like 3

But why do you care? I mean I could easily get the plat again but I didn't want to waste time finding annoying collectables again. You have quite a few cheap 100% in your collection as well. Should I be getting mad because you got the 100% in Welcome Park or Frogger, no because that is a dumb thing to get mad about.

If I (or anyone else) hacked the plats then that is something you can get upset about but Sony put that feature in to those 3 games and there is nothing wrong with taking advantage of it. It is a selling feature of the games, just like the Sly Mini Games you got the 100% for is a selling feature of that game as well.

I care because its cheap,but whatever looks like nobody has pride nowadays....ha Welcome Park and Frogger?...whats up with that?....ha that has nothing to do with the subject...and moreover they aren't cheap,they're normal games with normal trophies....last time I remember we were talking about plats....but if you wanna talk about cheap 100% okay then...those are movie games,those are real cheap and the worst plats of all....Because 98% of the people play for the plat and not for fun.

And I ain't mad about this...just pointing out how stupid auto-pop trophies are and a cheap move to get a mere plat....are people really that desperate for plats?...if you dont wanna go all over again through the "problem" of going after the trophies again then dont even bother to let them auto-pop to get an 1 min plat.Sly minigames aren't a selling feature...just a simple extra in the game.

• Like 1

I care because its cheap,but whatever looks like nobody has pride nowadays....ha Welcome Park and Frogger?...whats up with that?....ha that has nothing to do with the subject...and moreover they aren't cheap,they're normal games with normal trophies....last time I remember we were talking about plats....but if you wanna talk about cheap 100% okay then...those are movie games,those are real cheap and the worst plats of all....Because 98% of the people play for the plat and not for fun.

And I ain't mad about this...just pointing out how stupid auto-pop trophies are and a cheap move to get a mere plat....are people really that desperate for plats?...if you dont wanna go all over again through the "problem" of going after the trophies again then dont even bother to let them auto-pop to get an 1 min plat.Sly minigames aren't a selling feature...just a simple extra in the game.

fl9u.png

A cheap trophy or a cheap plat, what's the difference? Also you say it is ok to get the Sly Mini games because it is an extra in the game? Well so is cross saves so once again

A cheap trophy or a cheap plat, what's the difference? Also you say it is ok to get the Sly Mini games because it is an extra in the game? Well so is cross saves so once again

Yeah sure they're equal,you actually need to go after Sly minigames trophies,they're easy but they dont auto-pop.....I just checked your trophies and you got a lot of plats on movie games lol...ha including hannah montana...thats why you're acting like this opting for ignorance already....people who have these shameful plats always try to justify their arguments.

You agree with auto-pop plats and movie games plats just because you got a lot of them.

• Like 2

Yeah sure they're equal,you actually need to go after Sly minigames trophies,they're easy but they dont auto-pop.....I just checked your trophies and you got a lot of plats on movie games lol...ha including hannah montana...thats why you're acting like this opting for ignorance already....people who have these shameful plats always try to justify their arguments.

You agree with auto-pop plats and movie games plats just because you got a lot of them.

I don't have any auto-pop plats and I have no problem with the people that choose to do it. If someone auto pops a platinum, obviously they have the skill to earn the plat legitimately so who really cares if they let the trophies pop on another system? 

Also, you realize you are arguing about trophies on the internet, right?  

Parker

• Like 2

Yup, but if you look HM was my 100th plat so it was done in irony. Also I built up a whole saga behind me going after the HM plat (which you can check out in my checklist). Finally all my other movie plats (except for Toy Story because that game actually rocks) were done while I was in trophy competitions so those were done to help me win.

But once again continue to write stories that are Cool as Ice and I will continue to thaw them :pimp:

• Like 1

Moving right along, here are a few games where the PS3 and Vita versions stack (i.e. have seperate trophy lists) which haven't been mentioned yet:

Aabs Animals

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

Farming Simulator

Mortal Kombat

Plants vs Zombies

Steins Gate

The Pinball Arcade

The Walking Dead

Zen Pinball 2

Note that none of these have auto-pop, and only the pinball games are cross-buy.  I believe there are also some Lego games that qualify for the list.  Not sure about the new HD release of Little Deviants.