Konami commentary

POEman553

Even when Konami is able to restore the licenses, would they even be able to put Metal Gear Solid 2/3 back up for sale on PS3/Vita? I imagine it would be easier on GOG.com and Nvidia Shield and even Xbox 360 compared to PS3/Vita.

I'd almost rather Konami move on from PS3/Vita versions and start preparing PS4/PS5 versions of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, but who knows what they have planned or even if they thought that far ahead.

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

Even when Konami is able to restore the licenses, would they even be able to put Metal Gear Solid 2/3 back up for sale on PS3/Vita? I imagine it would be easier on GOG.com and Nvidia Shield and even Xbox 360 compared to PS3/Vita.

I'd almost rather Konami move on from PS3/Vita versions and start preparing PS4/PS5 versions of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, but who knows what they have planned or even if they thought that far ahead.

i highly doubt that Konamishit will do a PS4/PS5 port of the HD Collection.

• Like 3

On 11/8/2021 at 8:09 AM, APCGrayLocked said:

i highly doubt that Konamishit will do a PS4/PS5 port of the HD Collection.

I doubt it too but:

1) people will buy remasters of PS3 games on PS4 and PS5

2) it allows them to continue to still use the licensed material

However:

1) Konami is allergic to actually listening to their audience and has no respect for them

2) Konami doesn't want to acknowledge Kojima's work even after he's gone

• Like 2

3 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I doubt it too but:

1) people will buy remasters of PS3 games on PS4 and PS5

2) it allows them to continue to still use the licensed material

However:

1) Konami is allergic to actually listening to their audience and has no respect for them

2) Konami doesn't want to acknowledge Kojima's work even after he's gone

There the same group that has released more newer Castlevania Pachinko Machines then actual games. I very much doubt they will ever release a new collection. They will probably sooner do a full reboot after how they ended V and then gave us Survive right after.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Winterglemm said:

why am i getting notifications for this thread haha

This happens when you get notifications on the upcoming shutdowns & delistings thread but then the posts you were notified about get moved to their own thread.

Edited by mekktor
  • Like 2

I don't see why they wouldn't keep these games on the PS3 store as long as it works. They'll probably sort out their licensing issues soon.

In order to remaster these games for PS4/PS5, they'd have to hire other studios again. It's not impossible, but when it comes to current day Konami, you can't expect them to do that. Unless the reports of them trying to go back to console game development are legit. We'll see.

And no, Konami won't go out of business soon. They're making plenty of money on Yu-gi-oh cards, pachinko machines, and mobile games. 

• 2 weeks later...