Does Survival Endless Lag for anybody?

THEQXD

I'm trying to get the survive 40 flags trophy and finish up the game, but after flag 10 I get this debilitating lag that makes the game MUCH harder to play. I managed to stick with it all of the way though to flag 30 when the game freezes and did not let me continue, is this typical or is there something wrong with my version of the game?

• 1 year later...

I did it on the PS3 and Vita and the PS3 version is much harder in my opinion. When you get to flag 24+ the combination of lag and trying to find your cursor ( why use a yellow cursor when sunshine is yellow and all over the place?!?>_<). At least 6 cob cannons of which 4 are in the pool (to avoid getting eatten) and steel spikes near the spawn area help A LOT.

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Just 100%ed and in record time. AVOID the cob cannon method it is lag fest. Gloom shroom bumpers with upgraded spikes leading them into the paths on the outsides I kept only 2 cob cannons for emergencies..also kept 4 upgraded sunflowers for some low income incase of mistakes.

Edited by Asmund89
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

I have tried this so many times and every single time my ps3 just ends up freezing... today i didnt even have a cob cannon and it froze on flag 24... im ready to give up on the trophy because my ps3 litterally cant handle it

• 1 month later...

After flag 20 I saved my progress to usb, then flag 25 then 30 32 34etc just in case things fell to pieces , (which they did) so I could quickly reload the save instead of starting at flag 1. This trophy was a right pain. Extremely laggy, probably went down to 5 frames per second in places and zombies would over power virtually anything in a heartbeat.

• 3 years later...

Absolute dreadful mode lags like a bitch no matter what method and is so fucking unfair at times, thankfully can back up saves before waves start, truly a dreadful mode is survival endless

tried Cob and Shroom method and still fail; snd its the last trophy i need for 100% too..........

Edited by Conker

I've been trying to get that last trophy on Vita on and off for years. I've tried corn cob builds, shroom builds and just can't seem to make it work. If you find something that does work let me know. I'd be very interested to see what it is.

As for the question asked, from roughly flag 30 on the lag is pretty bad.

49 minutes ago, Komrade_Dusty said:

If you find something that does work let me know.

The video in the trophy guide is pretty much what I used. I focused on the purple shrooms with ice melons and cat tails for support.

My first attempt was with corn cob missiles, but there was definitely lots of lag with those.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6077-plants-vs-zombies-trophy-guide#9-alive-and-planting

23 hours ago, Helyx said:

The video in the trophy guide is pretty much what I used. I focused on the purple shrooms with ice melons and cat tails for support.

My first attempt was with corn cob missiles, but there was definitely lots of lag with those.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6077-plants-vs-zombies-trophy-guide#9-alive-and-planting

Thanks. I'll have to try that out.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...