Damon8r351's Trophy Hunting Checklist

damon8r351

100% #18: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PS3, 05 July 2014)

5L6dc1a6.png

Difficulty: 2 / 5   Grind: 1 / 5   Enjoyment: 3 / 5

A standalone expansion of Far Cry 3 that uses the same game mechanics but a completely independent story. I'm not a big fan of FPS's as I've stated before, but this one was alright. The source of entertainment for me was the game's sense of humor; it a parody of practically every stereotype from FPS games and bad 80's action movie you can think of.

Congrats on Blood Dragon and your 100% completion! I enjoyed Blood Dragon, but have yet to play the main game for Far Cry 3.

Thanks, and I plan on playing Far Cry 3 some time in the near future. The mechanics took some getting used to after playing Borderlands for so long.

Platinum #34: Remember Me (PS3, 13 July 2014)
1Ldb367f.png

Difficulty: 2 / 5   Grind: 2 / 5   Enjoyment: 3 / 5

Decent enough cyberpunk hack and slasher crossed with a Prince of Persia style platformer, if you can get it for free or at a reduced priced. Don't get it at full price, you'll probably be mad. The main issue is that what they do have in the game is pretty good, there just isn't enough depth to it. There's some pretty good action when it does happen, there just isn't very much of it. The game allows you to customize combos, but it doesn't allow you to choose whether it's a kick or a punch, and there's only 4 combos to choose from. The centerpiece of what was supposed to make this game unique was the memory remixing sequences, but you only get to do it 4 times. I did like the visual style and the soundtrack though. Might be good to play if you got nothing else to play.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

Platinum #35: Assassin's Creed Liberation HD (PS3, 19 Jul 2014)

1L5f9436.png

Difficulty: 2 / 5   Grind: 2 / 5   Enjoyment: 2 / 5

I played this again on the PS3 to see what, if anything, they improved when they ported it from the Vita. Some things are different. They took out the multiplayer, and a bunch of trophies with it. They neutered the difficulty by getting rid of some of the optional mission objectives and cut out some optional mission objectives. There were some parts of missions cut completely, the first you'll notice is when in the Vita version you had to escape a plantation with a slave in a set time limit, in this version you skip that and cut directly back to Avelline's house. There are instances of that all over the game. Some new missions have been added specific to Avelline's three personas, these amount to little more than pigeon coop missions. Play one or the other, don't play both like I did.

100% #19: I Am Alive (PS3, 26 July 2014)

12L699f5f.png

Difficulty: 2 / 5   Grind: 1 / 5   Enjoyment: 2 / 5

Not as good as I thought it would be. The idea is sound enough, you're a survivor looking for his family in the aftermath of a cataclysm that really isn't explained in the game, but is strongly implied to be an asteroid impact. This game crosses climbing like in a Prince of Persia game, with survival and resource management. The game suffers from its terrible controls, and the enemies in the game can waste you in a couple seconds if you screw up the standoffs you get in with them. I suppose this was supposed to create a feel of desperation, but all it did was annoy me. If you want a game like this, get The Last of Us instead.

• Like 1

100% #20: Another World (PS Vita, 31 July 2014)

13L273f98.png

Difficulty: 1 / 5   Grind: 1 / 5   Enjoyment: 2 / 5

I played this when it first came out on the SNES and was called Out Of This World. You play as a scientist who gets teleported to an alien planet and must escape prison with the help of another, alien prisoner. The game is easy with a video guide and is incredibly short, I finished it in 2 hours flat.

• 3 weeks later...

100% #21: The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS Vita, 27 August 2014)

1L9f0ec6.png

Difficulty: 1 / 5   Grind: 1 / 5   Enjoyment: 3 / 5

Except for a couple high points, I thought this was going to be a complete yawn fest compared to the first one all the way until the end, when a truly awful decision has to be made about who you're going to believe. Your mileage may vary since there's apparently different endings. Seems like they made it less of a point and click game and more of a visual novel.

100% #22: Strike Suit Zero (PS4, 02 September 2014)

1L412c05.png

Difficulty: 3 / 5   Grind: 1 / 5   Enjoyment: 4 / 5

This is a 3D space combat simulator that's one part Wing Commander, one part Robotech, and one part Gundam. You'll be playing as a space fighter pilot fighting for the United Nations of Earth against the Colonial Worlds in a frantic war of Earth's imminent destruction by a massive superweapon. The eponymous Strike Suit you pilot in the game is a spacecraft capable of alternating between a single seat fighter mode, and a mecha-like Strike Mode that's reminiscent of both Gundam and Robotech. Battles in the game consist of dogfighting with Colonial fighter craft, as well as massive space battles between fleets requiring you to make strike runs at enemy capital ships. The PS4 doesn't really have anything like this type of game available other than Strike Suit Zero, and I really enjoyed this game. Recommended if you like flight simulators like Ace Combat.

Glad to see someone who has a backlog and wish list as long as mine also an awesome collection.

If you get time make far cry 3 and beyond good and evil your next wish list games both are brilliant

RUFIO! BANG A RANG!

I played Blood Dragon and was pretty impressed, I'll get to Far Cry 3 one of these days.

Awesome :)

If you need help in the last of us, let me know. I could join your party and help you in your journey

Thanks, I'll hit you up. My plan has been to work in some short games between playthroughs of TLOU single player, and then hit up multiplayer when I'm done with that. I think I'd get sick of TLOU if I did too many playthroughs at once.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #36: LEGO The Hobbit (PS Vita, 14 September 2014)

1L8796be.png

I got tired of playing games with depressing, apocalyptic story lines, so I played a LEGO game for a few days. I liked the book, mostly liked the movies, and like LEGOs, so this was an entertaining distraction from The Last of Us.

• 2 weeks later...

100% #23: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds (PS Vita, 28 September 2014)

1Lb30e3a.png

Difficulty: 2 / 5   Grind: 2 / 5   Enjoyment: 3 / 5

A 2D beat em up that I had a good time with on the Vita. It's not without its flaws though: It seems to be the continuation of a story from a series of games released only in Japan, so I was constantly lost with the storyline. Gameplay was pretty solid though if you like these type of games.

Whoo, two games in a single day!

100% #24: Murasaki Baby (PS Vita, 28 September 2014)

11L74b47d.png

The object of this game is to lead a scared little girl by the hand to her mommy. The game takes you through a twisted, dark world filtered through the imagination of a kid afraid of the dark. You'll be making extensive use of the touch screens in this one, as well as rotating the Vita upside down for some sections. It's a fun little romp that'll keep you occupied for a couple of hours.

• 2 weeks later...

That's that then I guess. Looks like I'm going to have to hide The Raven on my profile if I don't want to see that permanently glitched 97% staring me in the face forever.

May I ask how the bonus material is glitched?

EDIT: Oh, didn't see the status update. :facepalm:

Edited by TheLastSurvivorD

May I ask how the bonus material is glitched?

Seems like the bonus material in Episode 1 is somehow tied to the trophies. The Crime Scene Investigator trophy is also notoriously glitched, and to get a way to fix it, I followed someone's idiot advice and completely deleted all files and restarted the game. Because for some reason the materials are tied to when the trophies get awarded, they won't unlock again in Episode 1 because it thinks I already have them when they actually went away when I deleted the original files. So it won't let me get the final trophy for the plat because of that.

Seems like the bonus material in Episode 1 is somehow tied to the trophies. The Crime Scene Investigator trophy is also notoriously glitched, and to get a way to fix it, I followed someone's idiot advice and completely deleted all files and restarted the game. Because for some reason the materials are tied to when the trophies get awarded, they won't unlock again in Episode 1 because it thinks I already have them when they actually went away when I deleted the original files. So it won't let me get the final trophy for the plat because of that.

And it thinks all of the other bonus material were unlocked except for that one? That is weird... I would advise that you keep recollecting that piece of artwork but then again that never works. Have you deleted the game data and/or the entire game from the XMB if you digitally own the game?

And it thinks all of the other bonus material were unlocked except for that one? That is weird... I would advise that you keep recollecting that piece of artwork but then again that never works. Have you deleted the game data and/or the entire game from the XMB if you digitally own the game?

Yup, did all that. It just doesn't want to unlock the Episode 1 bonus material for me again. I'll mess with again later. For now I'll just hide the game and move on to something else.