Is it possible to plat this game alone?

cinthia_mendes

I've being tying to platinum this game before december 24th, and I already completed half of the trophies 
I know the "online" trophies are easy to obtain via ad-hoc, so they are not "really" online

The question is: Is it possible to platinum this game playing solo all the way or the difficulty will get insane on the last avalon pacts?
I never found anyone playing online...

3 minutes ago, cinthia_mendes said:

Is it possible to platinum this game playing solo all the way or the difficulty will get insane on the last avalon pacts?

It's possible to platinum solo. It's hard and having help definitely makes some things much easier. But it's possible.

8 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

I was thinking about buying this game. So it is doable solo, but hard. Like what kind of hard though? Hard as in skill based hard or do you mean grinding hard?

And is there any dlc I should buy? Lol I want to at least buy the game and dlc before they delist it, if they are.

Most of the dlc is free for it. And skill wise from what I've heard think of trying to play something like an older Monster Hunter Solo. Can you do eventually? Sure. But it's so much easier with help.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

I would assume hard as in skill based hard (grinding is essentially to get better "offerings" the stuff that you use to attack, defend, recover HP and so on.. The Hard part are the later Pacts if I'm not wrong.

As for DLC, I think that it's only worth getting the free ones (specially the 2 sacrifice skills, forgot what they are called).

• Like 1

Yes. I can 100% confirm it. I didn't even buy the Online pass. The online-related trophies are From Cover to Cover, The Path of Cooperation, What it Means to Fight Together, Sorcerer with a Swift Arm. I got them all solo. I got "100 pacts in multiplayer mode" under Ad Hoc. For "From Cover to Cover", I suggest you to do it as soon as possible, because I am not sure if any function will go off when they close the server, but you can get it solo (I got it yesterday under 1.00 version of game). 

Here is what I did for From Cover to Cover.

1. Create a new save (some player said there might be glitch if you do it at later stage of game)

2. Finish Sorcerer's Ordeal (it took me 45 minutes)

3. Backup your save if you have PS+ (optional). Just in case when you do anything wrong, you don't have to finish Sorcerer's Ordeal again.

4. Turn to page “The Content”

5. Push your Right Stick to left until you reach the end page. You don't have to read anything, even the page is still covering with mist.

***6. Go to Network. Do following steps in order

(1) Network  --> Peddler --> Leave Gift, Claim Gift, Hear Whispers.

(2) Network  --> Multiplayer --> Sorcerer's Stats --> Click player's name --> Click all tags on the right

(3) Network  --> Multiplayer --> Ad Hoc --> Create Room, Search for Room

(4) Network  --> Multiplayer --> Play Online (Only do it when you finished all other pages). My trophy popped at this step. 

Edited by Shanshan823
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

I don't know how you are currently playing but that is likely colouring your current view that the later stuff is likely overwhelmingly difficult. Don't worry, it ain't. To begin with make sure you're abusing throwing offerings being powerful (got nerfed in Delta, but that game is easier for other reasons) and have 3 of them in your first set of offerings (2 of one element, 1 of whatever element causes a hell. So if you run 2 Ice, then run 1 Volt). In the second set put a healing seed, an armour offering (you can match it to whatever a boss uses, but simply using armour itself helps), and finally a gold golem which you can set down as a boss spawns (press start to skip animation. Something also nerfed in Delta as bosses there auto kill any golems set near them when they spawn). For Leviathan you'll need to make the throws Volt and replace one of the throws with one of those flower bombs that do 200-300 damage, and replace the golem with the mole claw or Wyvern item that allows you to tunnel under the ground when you dodge. Use a dark arm so you do more damage.

You can get easy access to gold throwing weapons the moment you unlock "Hour of Jonquil" in the forgotten pacts (I think progress during the main story is what unlocks it). Mission 7 in that, a shard finding mission, rewards the basic gold version of the offering without an element (you can fuse to make an element, though you need to do one more mission to have the fusions show up) and the only enemies in the mission are basic enemies that are easily killed. The only catch is you can't take damage during the mission and the level has fire pools so at times you'll have to wait for the fire to clear before you continue on to the next shards. 

I notice by your list you don't have the optimal characters to take with you on missions. Do VII.1 (you should be able to do it now. The boss of it is an easy one) to recruit Kaldr who is far and away the most durable character in the game. Tirsus from Child of a Monster.4 is likely the best bet for the second slot, though not anywhere near as good as Kaldr. Both are divine arms so they will always save you, start with healing, and will get further healing and armour if you level up their affinity. Note that they will leave you and thus require lacrima to get back if you sacrifice a boss. 

Wow, that's a hell of explanation! Thanks, I will keep all that in mind!

3 hours ago, Shanshan823 said:

Yes. I can 100% confirm it. I didn't even buy the Online pass. The online-related trophies are From Cover to Cover, The Path of Cooperation, What it Means to Fight Together, Sorcerer with a Swift Arm. I got them all solo. I got "100 pacts in multiplayer mode" under Ad Hoc. For "From Cover to Cover", I suggest you to do it as soon as possible, because I am not sure if any function will go off when they close the server, but you can get it solo (I got it yesterday under 1.00 version of game). 

Here is what I did for From Cover to Cover.

1. Create a new save (some player said there might be glitch if you do it at later stage of game)

2. Finish Sorcerer's Ordeal (it took me 45 minutes)

3. Backup your save if you have PS+ (optional). Just in case when you do anything wrong, you don't have to finish Sorcerer's Ordeal again.

4. Turn to page “The Content”

5. Push your Right Stick to left until you reach the end page. You don't have to read anything, even the page is still covering with mist.

***6. Go to Network. Do following steps in order

(1) Network  --> Peddler --> Leave Gift, Claim Gift, Hear Whispers.

(2) Network  --> Multiplayer --> Sorcerer's Stats --> Click player's name --> Click all tags on the right

(3) Network  --> Multiplayer --> Ad Hoc --> Create Room, Search for Room

(4) Network  --> Multiplayer --> Play Online (Only do it when you finished all other pages). My trophy popped at this step. 

I already have those trophies including From Cover to Cover. 

I was asking not because the online part because I know the trophies are easy to get alone.

I was asking because I just platinumed Freedom Wars and the last missions are basically impossible offline, even if there is no need to play online, you still have to or otherwise you will be destroyed

I was wondering if Soul Sacrifice would be the same

On 12/9/2021 at 7:51 PM, Rozalia1 said:

I don't know how you are currently playing but that is likely colouring your current view that the later stuff is likely overwhelmingly difficult. Don't worry, it ain't. To begin with make sure you're abusing throwing offerings being powerful (got nerfed in Delta, but that game is easier for other reasons) and have 3 of them in your first set of offerings (2 of one element, 1 of whatever element causes a hell. So if you run 2 Ice, then run 1 Volt). In the second set put a healing seed, an armour offering (you can match it to whatever a boss uses, but simply using armour itself helps), and finally a gold golem which you can set down as a boss spawns (press start to skip animation. Something also nerfed in Delta as bosses there auto kill any golems set near them when they spawn). For Leviathan you'll need to make the throws Volt and replace one of the throws with one of those flower bombs that do 200-300 damage, and replace the golem with the mole claw or Wyvern item that allows you to tunnel under the ground when you dodge. Use a dark arm so you do more damage.

You can get easy access to gold throwing weapons the moment you unlock "Hour of Jonquil" in the forgotten pacts (I think progress during the main story is what unlocks it). Mission 7 in that, a shard finding mission, rewards the basic gold version of the offering without an element (you can fuse to make an element, though you need to do one more mission to have the fusions show up) and the only enemies in the mission are basic enemies that are easily killed. The only catch is you can't take damage during the mission and the level has fire pools so at times you'll have to wait for the fire to clear before you continue on to the next shards. 

I notice by your list you don't have the optimal characters to take with you on missions. Do VII.1 (you should be able to do it now. The boss of it is an easy one) to recruit Kaldr who is far and away the most durable character in the game. Tirsus from Child of a Monster.4 is likely the best bet for the second slot, though not anywhere near as good as Kaldr. Both are divine arms so they will always save you, start with healing, and will get further healing and armour if you level up their affinity. Note that they will leave you and thus require lacrima to get back if you sacrifice a boss. 

Thank you for the tips - I've been looking for any tips on the offering setups and companions but all I can find is Delta exclusives. I've ran a couple of MP sessions and saw a lot of people use throwable offerings and was wondering why that was everyone's preference.

Are there any other useful "things" you would recommend people should use?

Edited by Sydoki

On 15/12/2021 at 5:04 PM, Sydoki said:

Thank you for the tips - I've been looking for any tips on the offering setups and companions but all I can find is Delta exclusives. I've ran a couple of MP sessions and saw a lot of people use throwable offerings and was wondering why that was everyone's preference.

Are there any other useful "things" you would recommend people should use?

They're what people use because in the first Soul Sacrifice you can spam them at range rapidly and they build up status effects on the bosses at a good rate. Tip on that front. Once you've inflicted a status on a boss make sure to keep attacking with that element for a bit, say 5 throws is nice and safe, before swapping to the element that detonates them. As for golems, keep them between the boss and you, with some bosses being able to be made helpless as they won't be able to get to you if they have a golem and some other part of the map blocking them off.

When it comes to Sigils:

Top 2 slots: 2 boosters of whatever element you're using as your main one. I recall Ice being the easiest to get done so I'd recommend those. Boosts your damage and the rate that bosses get status effects.

Middle 2 slots: 2 boosters of throw offerings as that will be what you'll be using for damage.

Bottom slot: Use the sigil that boosts your attack at the cost of your defence. As you're fighting at range your defence being lower isn't as big a concern and these sigils are much easier to get higher tiers of then the ones that simply boost attack. As long as you're using armour bosses the vast majority of bosses attacks won't one shot you. Only one I can recall off the top of my head that will is Phoenix's explosion into homing fireballs, but that can be prevented if you use Fire Armour.

• Like 3

I was able to brute force up to pact VIII using eggs(cheap tactics, I know), but now I'm stuck at IX, I cannot even get the shards on the very first phantom stage because that werewolf destroys you before I even pickup the the second shard and to make matters worse I think you have to fight 2 Illicebra at the same time later on. I don't think I have the skill to beat this pact☹️

Tomorrow is the last day of the servers so I might give it a try there, but so far the online didn't help at all, the last 20 days I was only able to join two games it seems no one is playing. When I played Freedom Wars back in March you would always find people online, but not Soul Sacrifice I guess. What makes me more upset is the fact that I have this game since day one and only decided to play now after the announcement of the closing servers, I even bought another online pass since mine was already expired, so this is totally my fault for not playing back then?

20 hours ago, BrazilianSniper said:

I was able to brute force up to pact VIII using eggs(cheap tactics, I know), but now I'm stuck at IX, I cannot even get the shards on the very first phantom stage because that werewolf destroys you before I even pickup the the second shard and to make matters worse I think you have to fight 2 Illicebra at the same time later on. I don't think I have the skill to beat this pact2639.png

Tomorrow is the last day of the servers so I might give it a try there, but so far the online didn't help at all, the last 20 days I was only able to join two games it seems no one is playing. When I played Freedom Wars back in March you would always find people online, but not Soul Sacrifice I guess. What makes me more upset is the fact that I have this game since day one and only decided to play now after the announcement of the closing servers, I even bought another online pass since mine was already expired, so this is totally my fault for not playing back then1f602.png

When pro players was playing this game difficulty was 4/10 and now when servers closed this game is 7-8/10 and way more grind now

Is not that hard alone ,i did everything solo when i got the plat

I only faced one really hard pact,it was against a werewolf on the lastest pacts,it was brokenly hard,despite this guy, nothing is hard as people's say,and is totally doable solo

Lots of people just got carried all over the game or the last pacts and think that's super hard to do solo as they chessed,i really can't see this huge amount of difficulty being increased,is not like white night chronicles without online

On 23/12/2021 at 11:13 PM, BrazilianSniper said:

I was able to brute force up to pact VIII using eggs(cheap tactics, I know), but now I'm stuck at IX, I cannot even get the shards on the very first phantom stage because that werewolf destroys you before I even pickup the the second shard and to make matters worse I think you have to fight 2 Illicebra at the same time later on. I don't think I have the skill to beat this pact2639.png

Tomorrow is the last day of the servers so I might give it a try there, but so far the online didn't help at all, the last 20 days I was only able to join two games it seems no one is playing. When I played Freedom Wars back in March you would always find people online, but not Soul Sacrifice I guess. What makes me more upset is the fact that I have this game since day one and only decided to play now after the announcement of the closing servers, I even bought another online pass since mine was already expired, so this is totally my fault for not playing back then1f602.png

Use Stone Armour and an evasive offering and try to get the shards as quickly as possible. As for the two Illicebras you need to get the attention of one at the start and then lure it to another part of the level so you split the two up. Ruined Griffon which will likely be another mission that will be a roadblock can be tackled by using Fire Armour to make the Phoenix harmless and then focusing on the Griffon, who if you break the wings of becomes far less dangerous.  

While having people who know how to play and are geared up well helping you does make it easier... it isn't so significant that it matters as solo isn't difficult. Just make sure you are using Kaldr, gotten from the first mission of the seventh pact, as they're the best character in the game. Enemies have real trouble taking them down so they'll be able to revive you if you happen to go down. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 4/17/2022 at 4:46 AM, zemiguelreis said:

Is it still possible to plat alone from scratch nowadays? Thinking about buying it. 

Well, when I got the Platinum I could do 70% of the game alone with almost no problem, but the last missions are much much harder and I wouldn't probably got the Platinum without two great online partners. 

I really doubt it that I could do it alone. So speaking only for myself, yes, it is possible to platinum alone but it will be super hard and basically you will need to spend a lot of hours mastering everything to have better chance solo

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/04/2022 at 8:46 AM, zemiguelreis said:

Is it still possible to plat alone from scratch nowadays? Thinking about buying it. 

It is. Just read what I've previously put in the thread and you'll manage it without issue.

On 21/04/2022 at 0:39 PM, cinthia_mendes said:

Well, when I got the Platinum I could do 70% of the game alone with almost no problem, but the last missions are much much harder and I wouldn't probably got the Platinum without two great online partners. 

I really doubt it that I could do it alone. So speaking only for myself, yes, it is possible to platinum alone but it will be super hard and basically you will need to spend a lot of hours mastering everything to have better chance solo

What did you use? Did you use throw offerings? Kaldr as an ally?

On 4/29/2022 at 10:26 AM, Rozalia1 said:

It is. Just read what I've previously put in the thread and you'll manage it without issue.

What did you use? Did you use throw offerings? Kaldr as an ally?

Yes, throw offerings of all elements, those that was like a "shuriken", don't remember the name (abusing of the enemy weakness always).

I rotate my AI partners for 70% of the game. The last 30% I had two great humans partners and we finished all the last chapters together before the servers closed last december.

1 hour ago, cinthia_mendes said:

Yes, throw offerings of all elements, those that was like a "shuriken", don't remember the name (abusing of the enemy weakness always).

I rotate my AI partners for 70% of the game. The last 30% I had two great humans partners and we finished all the last chapters together before the servers closed last december.

If you weren't packing healing, armour, and evasion then that might have been why you were having more trouble.

Likely what made it harder on you then. Kaldr is near unkillable by enemies and so grants you the power to get revived whenever you go down which really reduces the difficulty.

Edited by Rozalia1

• 1 year later...
On 09/12/2021 at 7:51 PM, Rozalia1 said:

I know this post is over 2 years old, but I just wanted to say thanks for writing all this out! The tips mentioned here were enough to make me breeze through the entire game solo! 

The biggest things that helped me out were utilizing the Throw abilities instead of any other attack, and placing a golem down during the start animation. Never realized how broken those 2 things are, and it made my game feel so easy!

For partners, I used Kaldr and Sympatha. Sympatha was weak compared to Kaldr but she stayed alive longer than Tirsus did and she would never leave you if you sacrificed an archfiend. So I saved a lot of Lacrima by not needing to use any on her.

For my Right Arm, I used Amp and Surge, Throw 3 and Throw 2, and Attack Amp 3. Would switch the element Amp/Surge depending on what boss I was fighting to it's weakness.

Hardest boss for me was the Griffin and Phoenix (X-1). Also the Leviathan fight. Didn't struggle in the Illecebra x2 fight surprisingly, found that one quite easy just by staying back and mainly watching out for the tentacle attack while throwing attacks in their direction.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I know this post is over 2 years old, but I just wanted to say thanks for writing all this out! The tips mentioned here were enough to make me breeze through the entire game solo! 

The biggest things that helped me out were utilizing the Throw abilities instead of any other attack, and placing a golem down during the start animation. Never realized how broken those 2 things are, and it made my game feel so easy!

For partners, I used Kaldr and Sympatha. Sympatha was weak compared to Kaldr but she stayed alive longer than Tirsus did and she would never leave you if you sacrificed an archfiend. So I saved a lot of Lacrima by not needing to use any on her.

For my Right Arm, I used Amp and Surge, Throw 3 and Throw 2, and Attack Amp 3. Would switch the element Amp/Surge depending on what boss I was fighting to it's weakness.

Hardest boss for me was the Griffin and Phoenix (X-1). Also the Leviathan fight. Didn't struggle in the Illecebra x2 fight surprisingly, found that one quite easy just by staying back and mainly watching out for the tentacle attack while throwing attacks in their direction.

Happy to have been of help.

You going to do Delta too? If so then I have a post on the sub-forum of it also on how to tackle that one too.

8 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Happy to have been of help.

You going to do Delta too? If so then I have a post on the sub-forum of it also on how to tackle that one too.

Probably not unless it was free for PS+ at some point and I added it to my account. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of this game genre type, but as a completionist I couldn't leave the game at 1% on my profile so I had to eventually get it done!

All I need now is to get to level 99, currently I'm 93/1 dark arm.

2 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Probably not unless it was free for PS+ at some point and I added it to my account. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of this game genre type, but as a completionist I couldn't leave the game at 1% on my profile so I had to eventually get it done!

All I need now is to get to level 99, currently I'm 93/1 dark arm.

As far as I remember it wasn't no. Delta is an expansion of the original game as it has much of the content of the 1st game (gets rebalanced) and then some more more content on top of it that storywise brings things to a close. There is also a save transfer function and it plays differently as throwing weapons and golems got nerfed pretty heavily.

A grindy and long platinum though and as you said you weren't a huge fan of the original, so likely best to skip it yeah.