Trophies are glitched (discovered workaround)

You

At last, the classic Bad Dudes VS Dragon NInja FINALLY has been released!

Just a quick heads up for anyone buying this game. Some trophies are glitched. For example there is a trophy for playing 5 minutes, 30 minutes etc. Well I have been playing for a while now and they haven't popped. Playing for a while on coop too (unless there is a specific unknown requirement for it)

There are also weird things, like to bring up the menu you have to press punch + start.... I mean the PS4 controller has about 12 spare buttons since this game only uses 3 buttons.

And then this game is really loud in my headphones for some reason, so I adjust "Game Volume" and set it to 5 instead of 10, and NOTHING.

The other settings like turning down the UI menu works fine, but Game Volume is immune to being set... Did anyone playtest this game before release?!

Anyway, without trophy glitches, this is likely a 3 minute 100% trophy list since you can get the highscore just by beating the 1st stage, and inserting 150 coins, well it seems you can just press the insert coin button 150 coins....

Edited by enaysoft
Methods for getting the trophies got discovered
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Helyx said:

I burned through so many quarters playing this in my youth. Hopefully there's a solution to the trophy issues because I'd love to revisit this title.

Not sure if it makes any difference but today I played online and trophies were popping, there is something flakey about the game though, same with Two Crude. I spent 45 minutes or so completing the game but only got the played 5 minutes trophy. Both games though have an easy highscore to get, complete Stage 1 on this game and Complete the game on Two Crude. Perhaps the timer is only ticking at certain points of the game/ticking slowly... who knows.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

Well, I deleted all my save data for "Two Crude", played another hour and no trophies popped.

If there is a way to get the trophies for these Data East games, would be nice to know what you need to do.

[edit]

Just completed Bad Dudes VS Dragon Ninja, a session which lasted 40 mins, and the 30 min trophy did not pop.

Edited by enaysoft

I was playing a game of Bad Dudes with my brother earlier this afternoon & while the "Retro Buddies" trophy popped for me, it didn't pop at all for him.

Just a little while ago, I played through another Retro Clissix title, Heavy Barrel. I pumped in several credits & got the "Coin Wizard" trophy (for spending 150 quarters), but didn't get the "Coin Operator" (for spending 20 quarters). I also got the top score when I beat the game & that didn't pop either. Its a good thing I didn't take interest in Heavy Barrel when it was in the arcades. Time Soldiers was a far better title.

1 hour ago, Bigbossman1202 said:

I was playing a game of Bad Dudes with my brother earlier this afternoon & while the "Retro Buddies" trophy popped for me, it didn't pop at all for him.

Just a little while ago, I played through another Retro Clissix title, Heavy Barrel. I pumped in several credits & got the "Coin Wizard" trophy (for spending 150 quarters), but didn't get the "Coin Operator" (for spending 20 quarters). I also got the top score when I beat the game & that didn't pop either. Its a good thing I didn't take interest in Heavy Barrel when it was in the arcades. Time Soldiers was a far better title.

Thanks for the tip, I got the 5minute trophy while on coop. Perhaps you need to be on coop for the trophies to pop (I'll experiment with anything really, but coop is the last thing I have tried)

On 21/12/2021 at 1:17 PM, fercha_jn said:

Does anyone know if tumblepop or captain america and the avengers will be in the future ???

I hope so, but likely never, due to Captain America and The Avengers having licencing issues and being owned by other companies.

I remember when that game was brand new, most people hadn't even heard of Ironman by that time period.

Edited by enaysoft

• 4 weeks later...

So, adding a bit, the trophies seem to be unlocking normally for me. I had a stopwatch next to me, and the 5 minute trophy unlocked at right around 5 minutes (also, the co-op trophy unlocked at around 5 minutes as well). Both unlocked as I was about to lose my second life through timeout. 

I'll check the 30 minute and hour trophies next. I don't think the time is cumulative; I played a bit before checking trophies. But other than a runthrough of stage 1, I've only been checking trophies to this point. I think I'll do a standard play of the game with continues and see if anything unlocks, and if not, I'll gear up for punching the ground for 60 minutes, continuing over and over.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, adding a bit, the trophies seem to be unlocking normally for me. I had a stopwatch next to me, and the 5 minute trophy unlocked at right around 5 minutes (also, the co-op trophy unlocked at around 5 minutes as well). Both unlocked as I was about to lose my second life through timeout. 

I'll check the 30 minute and hour trophies next. I don't think the time is cumulative; I played a bit before checking trophies. But other than a runthrough of stage 1, I've only been checking trophies to this point. I think I'll do a standard play of the game with continues and see if anything unlocks, and if not, I'll gear up for punching the ground for 60 minutes, continuing over and over.

Unfortunately you can't punch the ground for 60 minutes because you'll run out of time and also lives

Somehow you need to survive for 60 mins in a game that has an average playthrough time of 30 mins.

17 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Unfortunately you can't punch the ground for 60 minutes because you'll run out of time and also lives

Somehow you need to survive for 60 mins in a game that has an average playthrough time of 30 mins.

Yeah, but continues on a single game might count. I’m betting that if you just keep continuing, inserting coins when necessary, it will work. Punching the ground, running out of lives, usually results in an 8-10 minute game. 

I’m going to check it. I think it will work.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Yeah, but continues on a single game might count. I’m betting that if you just keep continuing, inserting coins when necessary, it will work. Punching the ground, running out of lives, usually results in an 8-10 minute game. 

I’m going to check it. I think it will work.

I did try that, twice. Although of course I wasn't punching the ground. Well, please do let me know how you get on :)

Edited by enaysoft

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, visighost said:

Meaning punching the ground was indeed the way to go?

As much as I’d like to say yes, it was not.

The trick (I think) is to play a continuous game for 60 minutes. And the only way I could do that was to use 2nd player.

In short, play the game in a one-player game, with another controller at the ready. When you get to one life, start a game with the 2nd player. Play until he gets to one life, and start 1st player up again. 

Continue this for 60 minutes, and voila.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

As much as I’d to say yes, it was not.

The trick (I think) is to play a continuous game for 60 minutes. And the only way I could do that was to use 2nd player.

In short, play the game in a one-player game, with another controller at the ready. When you get to one life, start a game with the 2nd player. Play until he gets to one life, and start 1st player up again. 

Continue this for 60 minutes, and voila.

This is what I did originally, and it did not work for me lol.

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

This is what I did originally, and it did not work for me lol.

Really? Hmmm. I might have raged if it didn’t work.

All I can say is, with stopwatch in hand, the trophies unlocked exactly at 30 minutes and 60 minutes (I’m sad that the trophy timestamps are only 29:59 apart).

• Like 1