Trophies aren’t popping

LaunchpadMcDuck

@solidsnake_cs

Your PS+ save shouldn't affect anything in-game though, so you can always delete everything but the PS+ save and try again that way. Just make sure you don't have on some option to auto upload your save for that game, because that could be bad...

Edited by MMDE

Tested this with a friend.
He didn't get the update until I had already played a game with him and then he updated.
After that his trophies wouldn't progress anymore.
Deleting, uninstalling wouldn't allow progress on trophies so he started a new character which allowed trophy progress again.

My recommendation is that we have a dev team that will fix these issues if they know of them.
So if you have an issue, try to reproduce it, send the steps to development and they will be able to fix it in the next patch.

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

@solidsnake_cs

Your PS+ save shouldn't affect anything in-game though, so you can always delete everything but the PS+ save and try again that way. Just make sure you don't have on some option to auto upload your save for that game, because that could be bad...

Yeah, I think even transfering to an USB drive to be sure.

7 hours ago, JewishPanCaKe said:

Anyone having problems getting state of the art trophy to pop? I've unlocked every mod on everything for the gunner but still no trophy. If I switch to a diff character and unlock a single mod in each slot on them, will it give the trophy another chance to pop? 1f914.png 

Until the trophy glitch patch arrives in the near future, I wouldn't waste your time trying to get a bugged trophy to pop so are better off just leaving it and coming back later when the problem has been sorted.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also having issues with some of the trophies in this even after various updates.

The one for not kicking any barrels for 10 missions won't pop - have done more than 10 today and still nothing.

Nor will the one for throwing a beer mug through the hoop - have done it 20+ times now and nothing. Someone on Reddit said you need to be drunk, which I don't believe you do (that's another trophy), but I tried it anyway; got 3 through while drunk and nothing.

Loving the game, but these glitched trophies are really irritating. Just wondering what others won't pop as I go through.

On 2/5/2022 at 1:14 PM, naranxin said:

For those of you having issues from the get go... Did you install the game from the first time and entered in a lobby from another player/friend without even playing the tutorial?

That's how I did it and I'm not unlocking any trophy. This is on PS4.

I did the tutorial by myself and am now not unlocking trophies, so I don’t believe that’s it.

Hello,

When I started to play this game I did it with my friend and he was the host of the party. We did some trophies, but they unlocked only for him (Stay on the barrel for 3 seconds, 3 Hazard 3 missions in a row and 1000 weak spots) and then I wasn't able to make any progress on them anymore. I know the developers will (hopefully) fix this at some point, but I'm close to the platinum and only these 3 trophies will stop me from getting it. What I would like to try is the following:

1. Make a copy of the local save on the PS+ Cloud.
  2. Delete local save (this should keep the current trophies unlocked since they are account bound)
  3. Start the game again from scratch (Will the trophies work now?)
  4. Unlock remaining trophies and get platinum.
  5. Overwrite local save with the one from Cloud

Will this work? Did anybody try or have any experience with this?

Thank you kindly,

Shavoks

One of my friends has the same issue. He emailed the devs a few days ago and now his stats are tracking. We’re just waiting on one more alien artifact to see if his problem is fixed. It could be a syncing issue and the devs just manually synced his profile. 

Edit: also here is a previous thread for trophy issues: 

Edited by Rowdi
Addendum

13 minutes ago, Rowdi said:

I’m pretty sure saves are server based. 

One of my friends has the same issue. He emailed the devs a few days ago and now his stats are tracking. We’re just waiting on one more alien artifact to see if his problem is fixed. It could be a syncing issue and the devs just manually synced his profile. 

This makes no sense to me. What was their reply?

As far as I know, everything is stored locally inside a save file, hence some people have player level 10000 because they are playing with modded save file.

Starting from scratch can be indeed used to unlock glitched trophies, assuming it does not glitch out again. That's what my friend did right at the beginning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HusKy said:

As far as I know, everything is stored locally inside a save file, hence some people have player level 10000 because they are playing with modded save file.

Starting from scratch can be indeed used to unlock glitched trophies, assuming it does not glitch out again. That's what my friend did right at the beginning.

This^

The game uses Peer-to-Peer connections for the online stuff so there are no servers, thus everything is saved offline.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

The game uses Peer-to-Peer connections for the online stuff so there are no servers, thus everything is saved offline.

This is not entirely true. They run server(s)* for matchmaking and other things but the player progress itself is unfortunately not synced.

(* https://drg.ghostship.dk)

15 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

That's weird, I'm sure I read something a while back from the devs that said all the matchmaking was P2P 1f914.png.

Well, depends on the meaning of the word "matchmaking" -- for me it's a system that helps players find one another.

In terms of DRG, you can think of it as a "phone book" (central server) but in this case it provides IP addresses of other players that are hosting a lobby. Once you know the IP address, you connect directly to that player (p2p).

FWIW, I don't know about any true p2p game.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Well, depends on the meaning of the word "matchmaking" -- for me it's a system that helps players find one another.

In terms of DRG, you can think of it as a "phone book" (central server) but in this case it provides IP addresses of other players that are hosting a lobby. Once you know the IP address, you connect directly to that player (p2p).

FWIW, I don't know about any true p2p game.

In that case I stand corrected :).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HusKy said:

He hasn’t gotten a reply yet. 

52 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

Bungie uses p2p for Destiny and has servers and server based saves. 

5 hours ago, Rowdi said:

Can you please share the email ?