Doable?

Sully0988

I finished it in November 2021 and had no problems.

A buddy of mine did have a problem with a certain mission not appearing or not wanting to continue. This is a bug from the PC version and can be fixed by taking over an outpost.

Problem was that he already captured all outposts so he ended up having to do the whole game again.

I paid attention to always having a few outposts uncaptured on both parts of the island in case that would happen to me but if it happened, I didn't notice it.

got the platinum back in november 2020 (on a different account), all trophies are easily obtainable. had no issues with any bugged trophies but the game did display quite a few glitches at times (none of which hindered my progress). I say just to be safe maybe make some backup saves at different points in the game so if anything does seem to be bugged you can always go back and try again without having to start from scratch.

Edited by JeakyGaming

44 minutes ago, Kolm said:

I finished it in November 2021 and had no problems.

A buddy of mine did have a problem with a certain mission not appearing or not wanting to continue. This is a bug from the PC version and can be fixed by taking over an outpost.

Problem was that he already captured all outposts so he ended up having to do the whole game again.

I paid attention to always having a few outposts uncaptured on both parts of the island in case that would happen to me but if it happened, I didn't notice it.

Why didn't he just reset his outposts? I know you can do that with the PS3 version, so I imagine it's an option on the PS4 version as well. 

1 hour ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Why didn't he just reset his outposts? I know you can do that with the PS3 version, so I imagine it's an option on the PS4 version as well. 

The reset outpost option is only available once you completed the game and already took over all outposts.

But he was unable to complete the story because it was one of the missions needed for progressing the story that didn't show or didn't progress.

So no reset outpost option for him...

Just platnumed it a couple weeks ago, everything is straight forward and much easier than PS3 without the online.

The mission ppl complain about is

Spoiler

halfway through the game, you need to fend off attackers before getting on a plane to the south island after killing Vaas, and an NPC can get killed if you're too slow. They think its some sort of difficulty spike but nah, just kill the guys and its fine. 

There is a problem on the Helicopter mission that can make it very difficult, this is a straight port of the PC version where the glitch is from and as it's Ubisoft they fixed nothing. And one other big issue is the game has very bad input lag. Love FC3 on PS3 but this is just a horrible cash grab, like the Blood Dragon currently is. 

Edited by GUDGER666

21 minutes ago, Startyde said:

Just platnumed it a couple weeks ago, everything is straight forward and much easier than PS3 without the online.

The mission ppl complain about is

Reveal hidden contents

halfway through the game, you need to fend off attackers before getting on a plane to the south island after killing Vaas, and an NPC can get killed if you're too slow. They think its some sort of difficulty spike but nah, just kill the guys and its fine. 

Just to make sure: That was not the problem my buddy had.

I had to do some research again but his problem was with the doppelganger mission. A certain cutscene should start towards the end but instead he got a black screen.

It could be fixed by completely abandoning the mission and capturing an outpost before trying again.

23 minutes ago, Kolm said:

Just to make sure: That was not the problem my buddy had.

I had to do some research again but his problem was with the doppelganger mission. A certain cutscene should start towards the end but instead he got a black screen.

It could be fixed by completely abandoning the mission and capturing an outpost before trying again.

I haven’t played this version (yet) but I hated that doppelgänger mission on PS3.  Loved the game though.  Probably my favorite Far Cry.  

3 hours ago, Kolm said:

The reset outpost option is only available once you completed the game and already took over all outposts.

But he was unable to complete the story because it was one of the missions needed for progressing the story that didn't show or didn't progress.

So no reset outpost option for him...

Ah OK, It's been awhile so I didn't remember that you had to complete the game 1st. I never had to reset my outposts, I just remember when it became an option. Thanks for the clarification. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/11/2022 at 7:27 PM, Sully0988 said:

I keep seeing posts about glitches and impossible difficulty regarding this game on PS4. Anybody just platinumed it that can confirm?

i never had any glitches with this. regarding difficulty you can choose what you like, even easy works. Easiest platinum with no missable trophies and you can reset outposts for any specific trophies you are missing . Good luck and its the best far cry game so enjoy it.