A part of 2000s childhood is back! (Trophy Thoughts)

Maxie_M0us3

HYYYPE!!! I just can’t believe that a game of my childhood is on PS4! These times when many websites were blocked on Windows 98 computers at primary school, so we got to find flash games to play during lunch breaks… then somehow we as a bunch of kids discovered this online game demo of Elasto Mania and got hooked to it.

The fact that a part of my childhood, a cult PC motorbike platforming game, this hard-to-master mechanic, a precursor to Trials, is now on PS4 is surreal, getting my hands on this game after 20 years!

With that being said, what’s your thoughts on that trophy list? In my opinion, the real challenge will be to get a total time of 60 minutes across all original levels.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 4

In ye old days of my 80s childhood, me and my mate used to play a similar game, ATV Simulator, by Codemasters. I doubt anything this old would ever get released on PS4 lol

Doesn't look like Elasto Mania had split screen though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

HYYYPE!!! I just can’t believe that a game of my childhood is on PS4! 

Same here, though I only now realized that I actually mostly played a predecessor game to Elasto Mania, which was Action SuperCross, sometime in late 90s, and the game was fanstastic back then! I also remember the jaw-dropping moment when I saw someone speedrun that game - I was speechless seeing how good some people were at that game :D 

Bought this game last night. When I lived in Thailand I used to play a game called X-Moto that was free for Linux and Windows / Open Source. VERY VERY similar games, almost thinking this game was made using the X-Moto Open Source engine. Either way, it's a lot of fun -- collect the apples then get to the flower. The interesting game play comes when you can do stuff like use your tires to grab onto land while upside down, and crazy stuff like that.

Difference I'm noticing between X-Moto and this game is this one the bike moves a bit slower and rotation seems to be 45 degrees per button press as opposed to fluid rotation?

About the 60/90 minute trophies -- do you think we just need to cumulatively get all 54 levels in under 60 minutes, or does it all have to be in one gameplay session? I'm assuming you can keep replaying a level until you are sub-minute, then move on to the next level and replay it until that one is sub-minute; until all 54 levels are done?

5 minutes ago, tranquility101 said:

Bought this game last night. When I lived in Thailand I used to play a game called X-Moto that was free for Linux and Windows / Open Source. VERY VERY similar games, almost thinking this game was made using the X-Moto Open Source engine. Either way, it's a lot of fun -- collect the apples then get to the flower. The interesting game play comes when you can do stuff like use your tires to grab onto land while upside down, and crazy stuff like that.

Difference I'm noticing between X-Moto and this game is this one the bike moves a bit slower and rotation seems to be 45 degrees per button press as opposed to fluid rotation?

About the 60/90 minute trophies -- do you think we just need to cumulatively get all 54 levels in under 60 minutes, or does it all have to be in one gameplay session? I'm assuming you can keep replaying a level until you are sub-minute, then move on to the next level and replay it until that one is sub-minute; until all 54 levels are done?

It's getting a total time of under 60 minutes on all 54 levels. Combined, not in one sitting.

On PC I have a total combined time of around 40 minutes, so it is certainly doable.

• Like 2

Man, the nostalgia hits hard. I actually still have it installed on my PC, I decided to play in last year a bit, but having the trophies as an objective plus the extra levels, it's been a joy so far.

Some people might skip it because it's not the best looking game, but the precision of some things you have to do are amazing 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

It's getting a total time of under 60 minutes on all 54 levels. Combined, not in one sitting.

On PC I have a total combined time of around 40 minutes, so it is certainly doable.

You sure? I’m already struggling to pass Level 8 Original, and with decent time.

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

It seems that it shall be released on 26-01-2022. but it's still not available in any PSS. Any info?

It was up earlier yesterday, but it has since been removed. I saw it was on the Nintendo e-shop as well, but it only cost half of what it did on PSN, and it wasn’t on sale or anything, so it might have been because of that?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FamilleLeone said:

I just learned today while I was in school that this game released on PS4. But as soon as I arrived home, upon logging to the PS Store I can see the game but there's no purchase button. How did y'all get the game? There no purchase button anywhere at all.

Did you read the posts above?

32 minutes ago, sXe_SiC_ said:

Price is reduced now ^^

It's 19 dollars in my region - was it even higher before? Meanwhile, it's 5 bucks on steam, and it will probably be the same on ps store some time from now.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed that the game is 10 bucks in the store, just psprices hasn't updated the price (platprices gets it right).

Edited by det_gittes

On 1/29/2022 at 9:45 AM, det_gittes said:

It's 19 dollars in my region - was it even higher before? Meanwhile, it's 5 bucks on steam, and it will probably be the same on ps store some time from now.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed that the game is 10 bucks in the store, just psprices hasn't updated the price (platprices gets it right).

Available in Polish PSS now as well (price reduced from 70 to 44 PLN).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Available in Polish PSS now as well (price reduced from 70 to 44 PLN).

Yeah, I noticed that, still think it's overpriced ? I also think that controls - if they are as responsive as they were 20+ years ago - would feel awful by today's standards, but who knows I may be wrong.

• Like 1

Good good, for 20 years i searched the web in the hope to find the name of this "bike game" i've played on PC back in the days ('cause i didn't remember it). And finally, today i've discovered it: ACTION SUPERCROSS and the latest install of the series: ELASTO MANIA!

I WILL GRAB THIS, FOR SURE!

Edited by APCGrayLocked

• 1 month later...
On 2022-01-28 at 2:33 AM, Smashero said:

Did you read the posts above?

Believe me, there was indeed an issue in the first days where the game was unpurchaseable in my specific country. Maybe it worked for you in Poland, I'm just saying in my country it did not. The Facebook page for ElastoMania confirmed this, and they fixed the issue a few days after launch.