Deleting Games Automatically Deletes Saved Data

Kantong5

I recently discovered that If you chose to delete a game from your PlayStation Vita, the saved data gets deleted alongside it. Personally, I think this isn't fair because most gamers don't have enough room on their memory stick to store every game they purchase. If we want to play different games we are forced to delete our old games.

I found out that you could cross-save between your PS3, PS VITA and PS4 and in doing so, it will automatically unlock the trophy set in the process. I attempted to try this feature with a PlayStation Vita game and because I deleted the game, my save was deleted as well. I had no idea that deleting my game would result in this. I gave full faith and credit to Sony to take care of my saves and they let me down. I just assumed that just because they have a 'Saved Data' folder on the PS3 that they would have a folder for your 'Saved Data' on the PlayStation Vita.

Long story short, I have missed out on the opportunity to unlock two additional platinum trophies because of this error and I don't feel up to the challenge to play the game all over again from scratch.

Do you think I was hard done by and cheated out from something or do you think it was my own fault?

Please share your thoughts.

• Like 1

Cant be helped, Vita reads data in a very different way (obviously to prevent piracy)

also hear that it's related to trophies data too somehow, not sure.

Im starting Disgaea 3 from scratch cause i decided to use jp psn for Vita

so i can buy Super Robot Wars Z3 on it as it will be Digital only so your not alone lol...

Content manager can back up everything but saves will be tied to the psn region account.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

Yea, unfortunately all saves go on the actual application, if you have PS+ you can upload it to PSN so if you choose to install again your save is saved in the cloud. 

I'll be more cautious next time I delete a PlayStation Vita game. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

Or you can dump your save files to a PC. (which is okay but can be cumbersome)

You have to backup the entire Vita game/save/etc to a PS3. (which REALLY doesn't make sense to me.)

Not sure why Sony did this other than as an anti-piracy/security feature frankly.

Though I'd think backing up saves to a PC would be more wanton for editing and cheating. (imo)

Edited by Technatorium