Easy Plat in under 90 minutes [Local coop]

4 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

To me its no different. Online/local you're still using someone elses save game to get you the trophies. 

playing online with a person is not the same as going to their account, collecting the save through a cloud/usb and using someone else's data in your own account. wtf, it's not that hard to see the difference

From what I gather if it helps to make it clearer ...

- You start a new game or whatever on your account.

- You let your friend join in who has the 100% in the game as a co-op partner

- Because you are playing on YOUR new game that the Bricks etc will appear for both of you (with him already having the trophy for collecting them for example)

- And if YOU/HIM collect a brick or whatever to trigger the trophy for him (as he already has the trophy) it will also unlock for you?

36 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Wait I'm confused. Are you saying you copy the persons save onto your profile, or that the person with the plat joins as player 2 and selects their account to play? 

7 minutes ago, muzzaasaurus said:

From what I gather if it helps to make it clearer ...

- You start a new game or whatever on your account.

- You let your friend join in who has the 100% in the game as a co-op partner

- Because you are playing on YOUR new game that the Bricks etc will appear for both of you (with him already having the trophy for collecting them for example)

- And if YOU/HIM collect a brick or whatever to trigger the trophy for him (as he already has the trophy) it will also unlock for you?

read the first posts. first i ask if it is an online or local process, OP clarifies that it is local and clarifies that it is necessary to collect a 100% save from a friend, insert it into their account and start a game with player 2 associated with that account.

even if it wasn't necessary to use the save, but just turn a controller on user 100% and pop the trophies, it would still be flag worth probably.

8 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

read the first posts. first i ask if it is an online or local process, OP clarifies that it is local and clarifies that it is necessary to collect a 100% save from a friend, insert it into their account and start a game with player 2 associated with that account.

even if it wasn't necessary to use the save, but just turn a controller on user 100% and pop the trophies, it would still be flag worth probably.

"Yes, you find someone with plat,log into his account and get his saves on his account like through ps cloud."

He doesn't state that you "insert" their save he just says you download it from the Ps cloud (as in your friend which has the 100% comes to your house and downloads his game onto your console) 

It sounds like it works kind of like " A way out? " where you use someone else's completed game and you can complete the game in lie 30 minutes by jumping through their chapters etc but in the case for this Lego game it has to be done with a local save game.

Edited by muzzaasaurus
  • Like 1

I don’t understand how this isn’t considered to be using someone else’s save file to obtain trophies, which isn’t allowed on here. 

Edit: You are putting someone’s 100% save data on your PlayStation then proceeding to use that save to unlock all of the trophies for yourself, pretty sure that’s considered cheating here. 

Edited by HoorayForTyler

I give up. I have already explained it in detail, given examples of what is and is not "external save file usage", quoted and linked to the rules of "what constitutes a flag", but several relativizations are made to miss the point. it's useless to continue explaining, wait for the final word of a mod or CTR.

4 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

I give up. I have already explained it in detail, given examples of what is and is not "external save file usage", quoted and linked to the rules of "what constitutes a flag", but several relativizations are made to miss the point. it's useless to continue explaining, wait for the final word of a mod or CTR.

Relax, everyone is just trying to understand the logistics of this method. I’ve seen this done before on other LEGO game fastest achiever leaderboards (LEGO Batman 3 iirc). 

Personally, I’d put this under the category of using someone else’s save file to obtain trophies. Doesn’t matter if you don’t have the actual save on your PlayStation or not. CRT will probably have their own opinion on the matter though. We shall see.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

What's with the anger and attitude? Chill out, sounds like you desperately want an argument. 

2 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

What's with the anger and attitude? Chill out, sounds like you desperately want an argument. 

I wasn't referring to you.

but they are relativizing the point.

if that's acceptable, then multiple other games and methods that were once considered cheating should too. deeming this one acceptable while similar ones is not arbitrary.

3 hours ago, Diyanov97 said:

Yes,you find someone with plat,log into his account and get his saves on his account like through ps cloud.You take 2 controllers:one for your account and one which contains 100% save.Start game on your account and push some buttons when it says with 100% save account and that is the reason why you can choose his save and get all trophies

Yeah I brushed over this bit here. This is definitely not allowed on PSNProfiles.

I’m going to assume the same methods were used on the other LEGO game I’m thinking of, and maybe more.

28 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

I wasn't referring to you.

but they are relativizing the point.

if that's acceptable, then multiple other games and methods that were once considered cheating should too. deeming this one acceptable while similar ones is not arbitrary.

*Deleted

Edited by GUDGER666
Confused myself

Just now, GUDGER666 said:

Actually I've confused myself because i thought this was on PS3, forgot this was also on PS4. Makes sense now. I don't see how this is cheating as the other person is just simply signing into their account and joining you. 

the other person is not logging into their account because there is literally no online mode according to the OP, and he himself said that it is necessary to enter the account of the person who owns the file 100% and then transfer it to his account. most people on this topic just didn't understand from the beginning how the process unfolds, and that has already been clarified.

29 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

the other person is not logging into their account because there is literally no online mode according to the OP, and he himself said that it is necessary to enter the account of the person who owns the file 100% and then transfer it to his account. most people on this topic just didn't understand from the beginning how the process unfolds, and that has already been clarified.

The confused one here is you. OP's friend who has the 100% save came to his house, logged-in his account and dowloaded his own saves on his own profile on OP's console. OP then started the game on his main account because they were playing offline coop but since the other profile had the 100% save, the game took it as both of them having collected all the bricks.

He didn't download his friend's savefile, transfered it over to his profile and called it a day from what I understand.

Edited by Criso_93
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Criso_93 said:

The confused one here is you. OP's friend who has the 100% save came to his house, logged-in his account and dowloaded his own saves on his own profile on OP's console. OP then started the game on his main account because they were playing offline coop but since the other profile had the 100% save, the game took it as both of them having collected all the bricks.

He didn't download his friend's savefile, transfered it over to his profile and called it a day from what I understand.

even if that were the case, it would still not be appropriate; something similar happened in LittleBigPlanet 2, activating a second controller with a friend's user/account 100%, the trophies would unlock.

3 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

even if that were the case, it would still not be appropriate; something similar happened in LittleBigPlanet 2, activating a second controller with a friend's user/account 100%, the trophies would unlock.

I played minecraft years ago. I remember that for the longest trophies which took dozens if not hundreds of hours collecting resources it was always recommended to simply join someone online who already had them in their world to unlock the trophies since the game didn't differentiate who had collected said items at all. Same concept here but offline. Play local coop with a friend who collected everything and the game assumes you bothhave them. This has always been allowed and is not against the rules as you are not actively loading another user's save as your own. If you personally don't like it, I think is okay. Some people don't like glitch abuse either and play 100% glitchless. But that's more on your own preferences rather than being against the rules.

11 minutes ago, Criso_93 said:

I played minecraft years ago. I remember that for the longest trophies which took dozens if not hundreds of hours collecting resources it was always recommended to simply join someone online who already had them in their world to unlock the trophies since the game didn't differentiate who had collected said items at all. Same concept here but offline. Play local coop with a friend who collected everything and the game assumes you bothhave them. This has always been allowed and is not against the rules as you are not actively loading another user's save as your own. If you personally don't like it, I think is okay. Some people don't like glitch abuse either and play 100% glitchless. But that's more on your own preferences rather than being against the rules.

this would be the same thing if it involved using someone else's save on your own account, that part you refuse to understand. again, if specifically this game is allowed, others should also be considered, why is one specific game allowed and not others? the Minecraft example is not coherent because it is an online game, as I exemplified Borderlands 2 playing with someone OP.

Another thing you need to understand is that it's not about my preferences, it's about the rules of this site, which so far I understand to be violated by this practice.

Very interesting topic, it's not that every gamer needs to have played a Lego game, but, I'm amazed that some people didn't know that Lego games are COUCH coop only.

On topic, hard to tell if OP did this intentionally or it was an accident. Anyways, against the rules. Imagine if things wouldn't have changed for local coop since ps4, now you need an account for every player while playing mp(multiplayer), so there are chances when all members achieve trophies, BUT not in every game all players get trophies, many of them only the host. Hmm, not sure if all Lego games pop trophies for the whole team.

24 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Imagine if things wouldn't have changed for local coop since ps4, now you need an account for every player while playing mp(multiplayer), so there are chances when all members achieve trophies, BUT not in every game all players get trophies, many of them only the host. Hmm, not sure if all Lego games pop trophies for the whole team.

This happened in Lord of the Rings on ps3.

I showed you wrong achievment set in the end

still,you get 10 trophies,all about collectibles.
You do not insert other players save in your account,but you play on his saves because the game shows you his saves if he presses button in main menu first

It's up to Mods to decide if it's legit or not

• Like 1

Ah this isn't working as i thought. This would be classed as an exploit. You are actually using their save on your account, so kevao97 is correct. Very odd it is allowing you to use it. I personally don't see anything wrong here as you are just doing what the system is allowing you to do. If this is against the rules then all exploits should be. 

Tbh i wouldnt consider this cheating. 
Same works in  Lego Worlds for example. there are trophies for 100 Goldbricks and for collecting all lego pieces. If you join someone who has both trophies the 100 bricks pop for you as soon as you collect one more and the all lego pieces trophies pops instant. (doesnt wokr online for some reason) but in couch coop if you want to play with a friend this is not avoidable.

If this would be considered cheating that would mean as soon as i wonna couch coop with a friend 1 missclick could end up with me gettin removed from the leaderboard. just imagine your friend got a safefile were he plays single player and one were you play in couch coop. you go to his house he loads the wrong safe bam you get a trophy and due to cheating by accident you get a flag.
In my opinion cheating is when you activley tamper with something. if you simply play a game with your own account in a mode the game offers you that should never lead to cheating by accident.
yes it can be "abuse" those trophy greedy people can get the lego harry potte rplat in 90min. but if this is the goal why bother with a 90min plat if you can instead play one of the thousands of 5min plat that are available nowadays. If you consider this cheating in the end you punish a bunch of poor couch coop players and probably never anyone who in fact cheats.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'll have the platinum relatively soon but holy shit this game has been mind numbingly tedious beyond belief! Not to mention it was an irritating pain in the ass compared to years 1-4.  :shakefist:

Edited by MrTacoNinja