How difficult/ time consuming is the Plat?

ACOLDGHOST_

Hi,

For me GT7 is the first GT in years. I think the last GT I played was probably on the PS2. So I would like to know how difficult and time consuming is the platinum trophy for GT7? Is there any way to estimate that based on the previous plats? Wasn't really planning on taking the platinum, but the game is fun and depending on how time consuming it is, I would take it. 

So difficulty from 1 to 10?

And estimated time required? 

Thanks guys. 

41 minutes ago, Wendenhorn said:

• Rain Royalty: This is possibly a buggy trophy at this moment (in this case, you would need to wait for PD to fix this), because S-10 is a rain test and you don't get this trophy even after you got gold on S-10 (and there is no separate rain license available).

Ingame there is a known issues section . It says something like " "Rain Royalty not unlocking after finishing all wet/rain related License tests!"

So it is buggy and Devs know about it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wendenhorn said:

Notable ones are;

• Hard Work Pays Off (license all gold): Required time for this one will vary hugely depending on your skill level. Skilled driver could do this in 3-4 hours, but a complete newbie may need more than 100 hours. Getting all gold is tougher than GT Sport, but GT Sport has the easiest golds on license tests (by a big margin). Compare to other series, it's still rather easy so it won't take a lot of time if you got all gold on previous iterations. 5-15 hours is a good estimate for reasonably experienced GT players.
  • Going the Distance Together: The Autobahn (8197 miles): This will take about 24 hours from start to finish without any input required from you (auto drive for 24 hours).
  • Three Legendary Cars: Currently unknown. At worst, it may require 60 million credit, which means either $599.7 or a lot of grinding (50-100 hours). Low estimate is around 10 million credit. You also need some luck to actually buy those since they may not be available on brand central (or as a prize car).
  • Rain Royalty: This is possibly a buggy trophy at this moment (in this case, you would need to wait for PD to fix this), because S-10 is a rain test and you don't get this trophy even after you got gold on S-10 (and there is no separate rain license available).
  • In-Depth Mastery (50 sport mode race): Each race doesn't take that long (usually less than 10 minutes), but there is a bit of downtime between races, so you can do roughly 2 races / hour.

Overall, it's definitely far easier and less time consuming than GT5 or GT Sport. It's in the same league as GT6, but I expect this one would be tad easier than GT6.

Well, that's a perfect overview and summary of all the stuff that I need to consider when working towards the platinum trophy. Thank you!

Regarding the Three Legendary Cars: It's stated that I need to acquire three legendary race cars that were once destined to win 24 hour races. How do I know if it's a car that was destined to win a 24 hour race? 

• Like 3

Having played both recently, the license tests alone make this noticeably more difficult than GT6, imo. I've played every GT and platted GT Sport/GT5, and a few of the Super License tests here (particularly S-7 and S-10) took me over an hour to finish. (That said, I was using a gamepad instead of my wheel.) 

For someone new to the series, they're going to be pretty firmly difficult. You'll have to get comfortable driving with most of the assists turned off. (I put Traction Control at 1-2 depending on the track and use the brake markers, but that's it.)

However, as noted above, if you're familiar with the general feel of GT games, it's far from impossible — the challenge is fair, not absurd like the Vettel stuff in GT5. I'm really enjoying it. And unlike GT Sport, it doesn't matter if you're complete garbage online.

Rest of it honestly just looks to be more of a grind than anything skill-based. On balance I think it warrants a 5/10, maybe a 6/10, in terms of difficulty. For reference, I'd give GT6's plat a 3/10, GT Sport an 8/10, and GT5 a 10/10. 

In terms of time, still too early for anyone to say without knowing exactly what triggers the Three Legendary Cars trophy.

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 3

I agree with 99% of @Wendenhornassessment.  I just agree with GT6 being harder than 7 because of the online stuff in GT7 and that can be a problem for some folks.  

I've only spent maybe 1.5 hours or so just focusing on the licenses and I just need to get gold on the Super Licenses.   I don't know about GT6 being that easy @JD-D2. Well, maybe just the Plat.  Getting 100% is definitely tougher because of Senna.  Everyone has a difference experience.  I personally rate GT Sport around a 5 or 6, but GT5 IS DEFINITELY a 10 lol.  So 7 would roughly be a 5/10 and will take a few hundred hours, based on the grind of driving x-amount of miles/km and the money you'll have to spend, unless you buy some from ps store.  This is a guess based on my experience with the GT Series.

Edited by grimydawg___
  • Like 1

Can you start all licenses immediately when you start playing the game? I'm really on the edge to buy this game but I rather try it on a different account first before going blind into the licenses.

I'm pretty decent in F1 games but never played a GT game. 

3 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

I agree with 99% of @Wendenhornassessment.  I just agree with GT6 being harder than 7 because of the online stuff in GT7 and that can be a problem for some folks.  

I've only spent maybe 1.5 hours or so just focusing on the licenses and I just need to get gold on the Super Licenses.   I don't know about GT6 being that easy @JD-D2. Well, maybe just the Plat.  Getting 100% is definitely tougher because of Senna.  Everyone has a difference experience.  I personally rate GT Sport around a 5 or 6, but GT5 IS DEFINITELY a 10 lol.  So 7 would roughly be a 5/10 and will take a few hundred hours, based on the grind of driving x-amount of miles/km and the money you'll gave to spend, unless you buy some from ps store.  This is a guess based on my experience with the GT Series.

Oh yeah, I'm only talking about the plat for GT6. Senna stuff would bump that up for sure if it was required. I just don't remember needing to spend nearly as much time on a single thing in that game as I did with the S-7 and S-10 tests here, but to each their own!

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Can you start all licenses immediately when you start playing the game? I'm really on the edge to buy this game but I rather try it on a different account first before going blind into the licenses.

I'm pretty decent in F1 games but never played a GT game. 

You have to do a few intro stuff at beginning of game, but that's about it.  In fact, I'd say you'd do fairly well on licenses, based on your experience in F1.  Just apply same principles in GT, find braking point, knowing racing lines, etc.

@ACOLDGHOST_ there's no real knowledge for the Legendary trophy just yet.  I'm willing to bet that those cars are the Legend Lemans cars of the 60s though. 

Edited by grimydawg___
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

You have to do a few intro stuff at beginning of game, but that's about it.  In fact, I'd say you'd do fairly well on licenses, based on your experience in F1.  Just apply same principles in GT, find braking point, knowing racing lines, etc.

Can't say I'm an expert but I've got very good knowledge about all the racing terms and how they work (just performing them myself is sometimes an issue :P)

I've been avoiding most of the games content and just watched a ton of youtube video's and some twitch streamers playing the licenses. I've got to say some look really easy but most seem like you need to perform close to perfect because even 0.xx seconds can depend on a gold.

Thanks for letting me know because the only "big" thing I want to play now is Tiny Tina which still takes forever to release and I've already got Horizon and Elden ring 100%. I think I'll go for it and if I misserably fail on my alt account I can just enjoy the games content because it does look a lot of fun from what I've seen so far.

5 hours ago, ACOLDGHOST_ said:

Well, that's a perfect overview and summary of all the stuff that I need to consider when working towards the platinum trophy. Thank you!

Regarding the Three Legendary Cars: It's stated that I need to acquire three legendary race cars that were once destined to win 24 hour races. How do I know if it's a car that was destined to win a 24 hour race? 

The exact list of cars required hasn't been identified yet, so you need to either wait for other people to figure it out and share, or do the leap of faith yourself. All I can confirm right now is having Audi R18 TDI '11, Ford Mark IV Race Car '67 and Porsche 919 Hybrid '16 did not satisfy the requirement, even though they're all former winners of 24 Hours of Le Mans. I suspect 917K, 787B, GT40 Mark IV the most, but haven't seen the first two available anywhere yet.

• Like 2

On 06/03/2022 at 8:25 PM, stefantje1997 said:

Hello 

i think the game is pretty easy so a 3/10

but that trophy for 8000miles in online makes it a grind platinum

A 3/10 - you can't be serious. This game is at least a 7/10, if not more. If you're new to the franchise it's extremely difficult to gold all the licenses. Pretty confident that I will not be getting the plat on this (which I'm fine with), way too stressful.

• Like 1

this is shaping up to be quite an odd/unique platinum with how the legendary dealership seemingly works. the extent of it will be up to how many cars end up being in that dealership and how often the "destined" ones end up coming around, but that coupled with needing a decent amount of credits at very specific times, i see a lot of people losing interest in getting it. it's been a week and we haven't even seen one in the dealership yet. 

On 06/03/2022 at 8:25 PM, stefantje1997 said:

Hello 

i think the game is pretty easy so a 3/10

but that trophy for 8000miles in online makes it a grind platinum

GT7 is nowhere near a 3/10 unless you took the license portion out of the game.

Ive pretty much nearly wrapped up the licenses by golding most apart from S-10 (got a time of 2.26.024 off Gold) and i can honestly say this will be a blocker for some people to get the platinum, more so for new players who have never played GT games before. Some license tests can test your patience and require precision control in order to nail the Gold. Take note of S-7, S-10.

As one of the few players to have platted GT5, the plat difficulty i would rate at 7.5/10. GT5 was easily a 10/10 due to Vettel challenges which thankfully and I'm sure i speak on behalf of others who played GT5, this time round were not included.

Anything else besides this in my opinion is easy to achieve with some grinding (3 legendary cars, online miles etc) as GT5 had some lengthy grindy trophies too.

Edited by DT-LiGHTninG
  • Like 1