Dead multiplayer

AJ_Radio

9 hours ago, SLennox said:

Does anyone know how many we need to make these trophies quickly? I should get started in the coming weeks and anticipate a server shutdown.

Minimum 4 players to start a match, maybe consider creating a Boosting Session HERE to get some players together and boost the levels required.

On 8/11/2022 at 11:48 AM, TheRetroManiac said:

So after looking it's definitely dead, so boosting this is going to be needed. I just hate how you cannot create a gaming session on here because it says you don't own the game. Maybe some people don't want to start the game till they have their boosters, and then they start it up. It's always a risk having to earn a trophy just so you can set up a session, always hated this rule. Well, guess I'm on the hunt for boosters now to get this done and dusted.

If it helps, to "own" the game all you have to do is boot it up once and get the trophy list registered to your PSN account, then earn a trophy in any game after that and it'll appear on your list. Not ideal, but you can preserve the 0% that way.

48 minutes ago, Xillynoc said:

If it helps, to "own" the game all you have to do is boot it up once and get the trophy list registered to your PSN account, then earn a trophy in any game after that and it'll appear on your list. Not ideal, but you can preserve the 0% that way.

Yeah, somebody told me about that, and I've got the games online done pretty quickly, thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2022 at 6:15 AM, Fat_Pie123 said:

This is strange. I jumped on recently to grab the plat and found plenty of people still playing. Either the American or European servers always had a match going on.

They’re usually dead after a certain hour. 

It’s pretty standard multiplayer which is the classic variant. I’m not sure if boosting amounts to more than just exchanging kills for a long period, since I did something similar to this in Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood.

33 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

It’s pretty standard multiplayer which is the classic variant. I’m not sure if boosting amounts to more than just exchanging kills for a long period, since I did something similar to this in Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood.

If you're going for the DLCs it might be faster to complete some challenges to get the armor pieces. So instead of going to Prestige 10 to unlock a certain piece, you can just kill the match leader once you're Prestige 8. If there are people still on during the weekend I highly encourage everyone to just play, the MP is a lot of fun.

I made 3 guides showing how to unlock the cosmetic items and some of the easier challenges to get them.

If you boost, you can play sector. Get A and B close to eachother and swap captures without allowing for complete captures. Some people say you can get this done in 8 hours but that's not entirely true.

• Like 1

Hey AJ, 

I did it just after update 6.66. back on xbox. 

the cyber-demonic armor requires that you be a certain prestige level to unlock the ability to do an ingame challenge to earn, the other way to get it is get more prestige levels, 8th prestige iirc and your given it. 

if your not boosting I found the plasma rifle to work exceptionally well, it's alt fire lobs a large energy grenade and it completely blinds, disorients enemies when hit giving you a pretty insane edge, it also aoes, so if you pair it with the lightning gun you can keep mobile and wipe out whole rooms. after getting the trophies you need with the demons, stick to pinky demon thing, it's fast and it cleans house reliably, and you may find yourself at prestige 8 whilst still attempting one of the challenges from the armor set. if you boost it's much quicker. 

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

On 27/09/2022 at 11:50 PM, AJ_Radio said:

I've also encountered situations where there were more than enough people to start a match, but for some reason the countdown just kept resetting over and over again. I'm guessing that's just Bethesda's servers having issues.

1 minute ago, Fat_Pie123 said:

I've also encountered situations where there were more than enough people to start a match, but for some reason the countdown just kept resetting over and over again. I'm guessing that's just Bethesda's servers having issues.

Same. I also noticed that NA/EU servers are completely dead after a certain hour, since I live in the Pacific Standard Timezone. 

I have to use AS servers for a chance of finding people, but I imagine most people in Asia couldn’t care less for DOOM, since I regard it as a mostly western gaming franchise. If I do find people it’s probably people from America and Europe trying to play a match.

On 05/10/2022 at 2:31 AM, AJ_Radio said:

Same. I also noticed that NA/EU servers are completely dead after a certain hour, since I live in the Pacific Standard Timezone. 

I have to use AS servers for a chance of finding people, but I imagine most people in Asia couldn’t care less for DOOM, since I regard it as a mostly western gaming franchise. If I do find people it’s probably people from America and Europe trying to play a match.

Yeah, I have yet to see a single game on the Asian servers. Guess they'd rather play StarCraft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fat_Pie123 said:

Yeah, I have yet to see a single game on the Asian servers. Guess they'd rather play StarCraft.

I don't think they were ever into first person shooters. Japan was still making 2-D side scrollers long after the western industry moved on to first person shooters like Quake and RPGs like Diablo.

• 6 months later...
On 3/12/2022 at 7:46 PM, AJ_Radio said:

It seems to me that I cannot find too many randoms playing in multiplayer. Most of the DOOM players have moved on to Doom Eternal, which is the newest game in the franchise and has a bit more going for it.

id Software/Bethesda didn’t even bother to take out the Season Pass in-game advertisement that would of given you all the unlockables in multiplayer if you paid money for it. That has long since been removed as update 6.66 requires you to unlock the various weapons, armor and demons naturally. The link just brings out to the official DOOM page on Bethesda’s website that just talks about DOOM Eternal. 

When I boosted the base game online trophies the online was a lot more active. But that was before DOOM Eternal released.

Now it seems like most people just play on European/Asian servers. The North American servers were completely dead and I was on around Friday at 7 PM PST. Occasionally you can get two, sometimes three randoms, but due to how the matchmaking works you can search endlessly. 

There is no jumping into an active match from what I saw which sucks. 

So unfortunately, this is already a game where you have to boost, even if you’re just doing the base game online trophies.

I started at 0% a week ago and now all I need is one more prestige level for 100% servers are populated enough and leveling up is extremely quick 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jammerdude07 said:

I started at 0% a week ago and now all I need is one more prestige level for 100% servers are populated enough and leveling up is extremely quick 

wow, i was worried for this multiplayer and i jumped this saga for this specific reason... I'm in a "Complete all the backlog sagas from the beginning" mode right now and i went for wolfenstein instead of doom only for this multiplayer... I think i will start doom immediately after wolfenstein tho with this feedback.. How many hours did you spent on farming all the multiplayer trophies from 0 to 100%? Maybe i should do only the multiplayer for now and thinking about doing the previous game after... You triggered my interest

12 hours ago, Xero_Z said:

wow, i was worried for this multiplayer and i jumped this saga for this specific reason... I'm in a "Complete all the backlog sagas from the beginning" mode right now and i went for wolfenstein instead of doom only for this multiplayer... I think i will start doom immediately after wolfenstein tho with this feedback.. How many hours did you spent on farming all the multiplayer trophies from 0 to 100%? Maybe i should do only the multiplayer for now and thinking about doing the previous game after... You triggered my interest

Took me around 30hrs of mp

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EnixFALL said:

Playing normally it takes around 20 hours to reach prestige 8 and you'll get the demon/weapon trophies along the way. It also depends on your skill level but leveling is very fast. There's usually 1 active full lobby in the NA server or Europe server. The lobby is in one of them. You just gotta find it and keep trying.

You can also boost in the asian region and do the Sector strat. You need 3 other players to start a lobby.

usually by these times i play all alone, i had a group of friends but they are not playing anymore and i always have problems here doing boosts, so i'll do it normally without boosts i think.. If i got stuck i'll think about it THANKS!!!

12 hours ago, Jammerdude07 said:

Took me around 30hrs of mp

Thank you both, i'll definitely give a shot to the doom saga after wolfenstein! 

• 4 months later...
On 5/12/2023 at 6:33 PM, Mr_Tenno777 said:

I played the multiplayer a year before Doom Eternal came out, and it was pretty active, but last time I played online, it was not as active as it was. It may as well be very dry on players in the future. 

Maybe self boosting works, when online sessions are empty

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too can confirm the multiplayer isn't dead, like i've even been in plenty of matches where sometimes it's a 6v6 in Team Play, (Team Play seems to be the only mode to have people playing) it's also very dependant on time of day. 

I've been playing loads since Saturday, 24/02/2024 and have come to notice trends. Please take into account i'm from the UK and so the below quoted times will be GMT.

During the weekend, Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th, I would play from 2/3pm to 6pm and would be matched up with others no problem in the Auto Server, for me Europe. In the evenings 10pm onwards, Europe server was still good.

Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th, trying to play before 4pm would result in finding no other people, I came across no one, but from 4pm / just before 4:10pm other people slowly popped up and playing till 6pm would be great. From 10pm, Europe server is then unfortunately dead, there's the odd one or two other but never enough for the match to start. One occasion there was 3 others but short lived and playing 2v2 isn't exciting. Having no problem in the evenings during the weekend, Monday however was where I learnt swapping to the North American server from 10pm was great, Americans definitely playing then as I heard people on Mic talking about stuff in dollars so yeah, plenty of people playing and fun to be had! Unsure what it would be like past 2am as that's when I would come off for the night, I need sleep. 😄 

Please note me coming off at 6pm wasn't due to the Europe sever becoming dead, I like to come off at that time to eat and step away from gaming for the evening.

So in short, have a quick think as to which server you are joining and what time of day it might be in that part of the world. 4pm GMT, on Europe server is great as east of UK, most other European countries have probably finished work or school. 10pm GMT, Europe most likely have called it quits for the night being that they are one or more hours ahead of UK. However, 10pm GMT onwards, on North American sever is great, east coast is roughly 6hrs ahead so again people finishing work / have finished school for the day. 

Edited by SirHandy
  • Like 1