ELDEN RING - Patch Notes Version 1.03

ziggypossum

14 minutes ago, TheReaper1497 said:

As someone who doesnt have much free time to play it sucks all these nerfs happened when im only 20 hours into the game, I only just got Shield Barricade 2 days ago and it felt great, I loved that i could block most attacks and combos with it and then counter, but now its almost useless.

I tried using it for Margit and was confused why it wasn't working as well as before, i just stopped using the skill because it wasnt working well and just had to beat him with my base shield stats getting broken after 2 hits. Managed to do it but damn, It really makes using a shield less fun, i might have to go back to duel wielding even though its a lot more sweaty of a style

I guess nerfs might be good tho, despite using no op weapons or summons i managed to beat Margit in 2 tries which was really disappointing because i was so hyped about the boss seeing streamers take hours to beat him

Okay so I just had the “Legendary Armaments” trophy glitch on this version of the game.

If anyone else doesn’t get the trophy when collecting the 9th weapon, just put all of them into the item box accessible from the grace.

When I did this, the trophy popped right away.

3 hours ago, TheReaper1497 said:

I guess nerfs might be good tho, despite using no op weapons or summons i managed to beat Margit in 2 tries which was really disappointing because i was so hyped about the boss seeing streamers take hours to beat him

Lol I havent seen a single streamer trying hours fighting Margit ?

56 minutes ago, Greyendar said:

They nerfed my Night and Flame build right as I got to the Elden Beast! I am getting my ass beat now lol. Im trying to switch up my build but have no idea whats good after this NERF patch. I just want to beat the game be done lol.

If you where at the last fight, why didn't you just cancel your update? Or reinstall the base game and cancel the update and play on old patch?

1 hour ago, Bunkerbudy said:

If you where at the last fight, why didn't you just cancel your update? Or reinstall the base game and cancel the update and play on old patch?

I didn't think about it. The game updated on me before and they didn't nerf me. I was just like, whatever, its an update lol.

Edited by Greyendar

9 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

So does save data work like in the Demon's Souls remake where you can just downgrade the version and it won't affect your save data?

You could do that provided you have the disk version. Of course though, you're forever locked out of online play, coop and seeing all the cool messages.

As soon as I was able to access Patch 1.03 I respecced. Mostly because I am a respec addict and wanted to try a FTH build. My gameplay style was not affected much by the patch notes as I didn't use any spells or incantations or the modified ashes of war.

Went from STR/DEX (Quality) to FTH with a Blasphemous Sword+9. Took down like 3 or 4 bosses on my first try with the FTH/Blasphemous/Mimic build. Never knew high FTH was viable for a melee-centric build, so rad. Mimic doesn't seem that weak post-patch, I am still stomping and the Mimic is great for drawing aggro. [EDIT: If anything, I feel like the Mimic's AI is smarter. They seem to follow closer too.]

Seeing NPC names on the mini map hover is pretty useful. It even shows the traveling merchant names. Great quality of life improvement from the patch.

Edited by tranquility101

On 18/03/2022 at 2:49 PM, tranquility101 said:

As soon as I was able to access Patch 1.03 I respecced. Mostly because I am a respec addict and wanted to try a FTH build. My gameplay style was not affected much by the patch notes as I didn't use any spells or incantations or the modified ashes of war.

Went from STR/DEX (Quality) to FTH with a Blasphemous Sword+9. Took down like 3 or 4 bosses on my first try with the FTH/Blasphemous/Mimic build. Never knew high FTH was viable for a melee-centric build, so rad. Mimic doesn't seem that weak post-patch, I am still stomping and the Mimic is great for drawing aggro. [EDIT: If anything, I feel like the Mimic's AI is smarter. They seem to follow closer too.]

Seeing NPC names on the mini map hover is pretty useful. It even shows the traveling merchant names. Great quality of life improvement from the patch.

thats cool, it wrecks miquella too apparently, so between blasphemous and that big stone shield you got choices if you cba to learn the dodge timings on fowl etc. But i can't wait to fight her. I'm rocking moonveil and metroric blade, gravity L2 for flying enemies and horseback enemies, and basic combos just kill everything. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Mimic is definitely weaker and more fragile, but the support potential for Bleed / Scarlet Rot / Frostbite and Dark Moon is still there. 

Mimic can tank two Waterfowl Dances in 1.03, and still does respectable damage with Blasphemer’s Blade. 

I haven’t tried the new Rivers of Blood yet, but Blasphemer’s Blade is one of the best builds now since it stayed strong while others got nerfed. 

Powerstancing Sacred Relic Sword and Blasphemer’s Blade is hilarious, Sacred Relic for clearing trash and levels, swap to Blasphemer’s with a fire cracked crystal for Bosses. 

Noticing the Patch Changes big time since starting a new game a few days ago!

As a low level Wretch in my original play through I used to summon Sorcerer Rogier and then walk backwards down the tunnel to farm the knights. Now when you walk him backwards out the tunnel he will instead de-summon ?

Also, when I got to a certain room at Royal Lucaria I was given a "shoot your bow" tutorial and then attacked by a Carian Knight -- definitely don't remember that happening on my first play through -- also who is about to use a bow anyway on a Carian Knight that is all up in their face? ? Weird place for that particular tutorial.