How hard is crushing?

I think 3 on Crushing is probably the easiest of the remastered trilogy, I seem to recall struggling a bit on the ruins part against several henchmen at night (forgot where it was exactly).
But maybe it was because I played all the remaster on crushing back to back so when I reached 3 I got used to it

• Like 1

not as hard as it seems at first, id recommend letting enemies coming to you and picking them off one by one, high ground is especially useful, not to mention compared to the first game you can actually throw grenades back too, the armoured enemies are the ones i had the most problems with but overall a lot of parts aren't hard at all and can be done with stealth kills

It is without a doubt hard but really not that much: some sections are harder than others and will take some time, but it is nothing ridiculous, cheap or unfair. It's a fair challenge. I think that Uncharted games are actually designed to be played on Crushing.

• Like 1

As long as you know the game well and have the patience to accept failure, most likely many failures until you learn the best strategy, I don't think it'll be too bad.

Granted, this is coming from a guy who hasn't done crushing difficulty on the original trilogy at least. I hear the final boss fight in Uncharted 2 is pretty difficult on crushing and I can definitely recall a few sections that would definitely be a pain on crushing in the other two games like the end of Uncharted 1 with those mutant things and that section on the boat in Uncharted 3. I struggled with those parts on normal then again, I also admittedly suck at video games so that also contributes to my struggles. I'll get crushing done on the original trilogy eventually as I'd like to get the whole Uncharted collection platinumed one day. 

Crushing is not that hard imo. If you play on easier difficulties first you may have bad habits to fight meele or to stay out of cover too long. Which is bummer as game loses fun mechanics on higher difficulties and becomes very standard cover shooter gameplay wise, wait for health then shoot type of game.

I played every game in trilogy 1st playthrough on crushing and i never felt any moment was unfair or very hard. If you told me that was normal mode i would have belived you.

Brutal mode is unfair, feels untested and badly designed tho. Brutal as it is should not be in game, maybe if it allowed you to use cheats from the start without any tricks that would be actually fun. 

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 2