Better Together confusion.

ImAPirateSoSueMe

So maybe I’m trying too early or something. Do I have to reach a certain point in the story for the scissor ladies to START doing the required move? Just sat for like 30 min and they kept doing the same 2 moves (a single swipe, and a 3 hit purple aura combo). I’m at the beginning of Act 4 just catching up on Torii Gates and side missions and one spawned so figured save and try to get it done, but nope.

Edited by ImAPirateSoSueMe

On 4/1/2022 at 5:41 AM, Henshin said:

Most people seem to have it before completing chapter 3. I had done all side quests available before completing chapter 3. I tried with the red lady at the start of chapter 4 at one of the shrines but no joy.

I didn’t get it toward the end of Chapter 4 when I decided to just force it. And glad I did because it didn’t happen at all naturally.

On 3/4/2022 at 1:37 AM, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

I didn’t get it toward the end of Chapter 4 when I decided to just force it. And glad I did because it didn’t happen at all naturally.

How did you force it? I've definitely tried with random scissor ladies and no joy. 

Edit: For anyone stuck on this like I was. Either it is bugged or meant to happen this way. I have tried on many of the open world scissor ladies but no joy.

I think you can get this on two side missions with the boss type in vapter 2/3. One in the underground and one in the hospital.

For me I got it in chapter for when clearing the south shrine, I think it was called Akitsu. You'll know this shrine is different from the others. I let the enemy type attack me and she instantly did it.

Edited by Henshin
found solution

18 hours ago, Warmachine0341 said:

I am not able to do this at all, I never got hit with the attack, I did all the side quests already. The open world ones don’t do the attack 

For anyone stuck on this like I was. Either it is bugged or meant to happen this way. I have tried on many of the open world scissor ladies but no joy.

I think you can get this on two side missions with the boss type in chapter 2/3. One in the underground and one in the hospital. I didn't get it there. 

For me I got it in chapter 4 for when clearing the south shrine, I think it was called Akitsu. You'll know this shrine is different from the others because you're transported to another world. I let the enemy type attack me and she instantly did it.

There is also talk of it happening automatically in chapter 5. 

I did it on Chapter 3 during the side mission with the little girl at the hospital who had eye transplant surgery. Make sure you make a manual save just in case. I allowed the scissor lady enemy to constantly hit me without blocking. During the first 5 minutes I wasn't having any luck as she was only doing 2 attacks. After awhile, I started to fight back and hit her with a few wind attacks and that somehow triggered her to hit me with the severance attack. So maybe the key is the enemy has to take a little damage first. 

I tested this out in a side mission called 'A Stop in the Void' where a red version shows up right at the end. You also have a nice spacious fighting area to tackle her in, so i'd recommend doing it here. It's definitely a rare move and not guaranteed, but you also need to behave in the fight properly to increase the chances of it triggering:

• You need to position yourself completely away from her so she can't attack you right away, this will trigger the run. If she doesn't run towards you, then you are absolutely not far enough away from her.
  • She needs to be fully running at you, not walking fast, but actually running. You can tell she is properly running because she looks clumsy almost staggering forward fast. She'll also growl angrily as she is doing it
  • When she gets to you, she'll usually do one of three moves - she'll slice at you / jump and do a downward slice / grab you by the neck and sever you from KK
  • If she doesn't do the sever attack, get away from her, heal and put some more distance between you until she triggers a run again. The distance is the trigger. So if you are far enough away, it will trigger 100% of the time. If you aren't triggering the run, you aren't far enough away.

I think most people are trying to just brute force this by standing and blocking right near her. But she has way more attacks to randomly use against you that way, so the chances of the sever move at close quarters is way way lower, plus you just burn through health way faster. So it's not optimal at all.

I tested this out 4 times on the 'A Stop in the Void' encounter by reloading each time and managed to get it to trigger 3 out of the 4 attempts with the distance trigger. I'll give it a shot with the white version if I find one too.

• Like 1

I'm guessing this was supposed to unlock automatically after the boss fight with Byotara, but it never did for me. 

I already did the side quests that are mentioned here, but I did manage to find a crimson kuchisake (red scissor lady) at one of the cherry blossom trees you need to purify. I just spent close to an hour trying to get her to do the move, using the distance method posted above, but she never did it. She only seems to do two attacks from the running animation: a three hit slash, or a single slash the has a blue/purple aura. 

IDK what else to do. Hopefully I don't have to try this on a new file, as I'm pretty sick of this game. The trophy is almost certainly bugged.

*EDIT*

I just managed to get it from the Kuchisake you find in the dark basement during Chapter 4 main quest "Giants." I uploaded the whole clip of me trying to bait the attack out of her, and I didn't get it until I gave up and started trying to kill her. It was at pretty close range too, so IDK what really triggers this move. Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/c0_yel5nmU8

Good luck to anyone trying for this.

Edited by CookeKeyes