Bugged Quest Trophies

pgsmolder

This par for the course with the Borderlands games, because every single one of the core games in the series has issues with co-op screwing up trophies so you're better off just playing solo until you absolutely have to play with others.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, pgsmolder said:

Just a quick warning:

If you plan on getting the trophies for "The ditcher", "The Trial of Crooked-Eye Phil" and "Walk the stalk".. Do them alone. Doing them with others  will only grant the trophy to the host 1f643.png the other person(s) won't get them. 

Can confirm this. My squad had this issues as well. 
We didn't try if it's just the last step or the entire quest, so you could do the entire quest up until the last step, close the game, make a backup save and then finish it? Would that work as well?

3 hours ago, SaintChris777 said:

We didn't try if it's just the last step or the entire quest, so you could do the entire quest up until the last step, close the game, make a backup save and then finish it? Would that work as well?

Can't say if this works. I made a new character just to get the trophies now ??

It’s in the completed Side quest tab so maybe they can fix it post progression, but I doubt this will be happen.

Well if everything else works correctly you can probably rush Story and the affected side quests while ignoring the rest in a couple of hours on easy to redo the quests.

If you don’t search for any Collectibles or ignore other side quests the game should be easy doable on a single day.

The Main Quest Chapter 8, Mortal Coil where you have to enter The Godswell near the end, has bugged on me.

The cursor to progress, should appear on the portal gate (like the Overworld) but for some reason its stuck on a Fast Travel station which is at the other side of the map!

I FT to Brighthoof and upon returning to the Drowned Abyss, I cant access the area where the entrance to The Godswell is now as the ship that gets destroyed on route is back and blocking the path and you cant destroy it! Its destroyed as part of the quest, yet it's reset.

So now, I cant finish the mission! ?‍♂️

Huh, so that explains it. Co-op has always been so buggy with BL games when it comes to getting trophies. For example, I earned one of those quest trophies BEFORE finishing both of the quests as well as getting the trophy for completing every dungeon door while I only completed about 3 or 4. I played in co-op with my brother as the host. Same thing happened in BL3 DLCs, but it popped the trophies for completing all the side quests early.

On 30/03/2022 at 7:14 AM, Ashbo said:

The Main Quest Chapter 8, Mortal Coil where you have to enter The Godswell near the end, has bugged on me.

The cursor to progress, should appear on the portal gate (like the Overworld) but for some reason its stuck on a Fast Travel station which is at the other side of the map!

I FT to Brighthoof and upon returning to the Drowned Abyss, I cant access the area where the entrance to The Godswell is now as the ship that gets destroyed on route is back and blocking the path and you cant destroy it! Its destroyed as part of the quest, yet it's reset.

So now, I cant finish the mission! ?‍♂️

I noticed you earned the "Brutal Narrative Dissonance" trophy Ashbo. (Complete "Mortal Coil")

How did you manage to do that? Looking at your quote above it looked like you were in a world of hurt!

Edited by Wired-Warlock

3 minutes ago, Wired-Warlock said:

I noticed you earned the "Brutal Narrative Dissonance" trophy Ashbo. (Complete "Mortal Coil")

How did you manage to do that? Looking at your quote above it looked like you were in a world of hurt!

He probably joined a friend who hadn't finished the mission yet and got it done that way.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

23 hours ago, Wired-Warlock said:

Haha, yeh, at one point, I was doomed!

I had to revert back to a cloud save, which thankfully wasnt too far back. The quest though as I said was proper broken prior to me reloading that save. Not sure if the recent update had affected it and borked the mission.

My last option had I not have had a save, would have been going online and seeing if I could get it that way!

8 hours ago, Ashbo said:

Haha, yeh, at one point, I was doomed!

I had to revert back to a cloud save, which thankfully wasnt too far back. The quest though as I said was proper broken prior to me reloading that save. Not sure if the recent update had affected it and borked the mission.

My last option had I not have had a save, would have been going online and seeing if I could get it that way!

Thanks for the info Ashbo.

I think how i'll go about this minefield of trying to get the “Completionist Is Next to Godliness” trophy is to power level early in the game via Zomboss and reach level cap of 40.

Then I’ll go through the main quest campaign (ignoring side quests) making sporadic saves along the way as a safety net in case any of the main quests get bugged out.

Along the way I’ll find as many collectables as I can as I arrive at each new map (maybe use a collectables guide) and overall be very thorough. I’ll still ignore any side quests.

Once I finish the main campaign I’ll make a master cloud save and then finally I can go for the Completionist Is Next to Godliness trophy.

If any of the side quests get bugged out I’ll revert back to the cloud save.

The hoops we have to jump through to get a plat sometimes!!!  ?

Edited by Wired-Warlock

On 27-3-2022 at 8:02 PM, SaintChris777 said:

I tried doing this with my partner. We did the quest and then I quit the game (he was host) at the last step of "walk the stalk". I went into the game again solo and we turned them in seperately and both got the trophy!

• Like 1

The Trophy by itself is buggy, too. I played all Side Quests + Main Quests alone an finished the last Side Quest today.

World Map Status is 48/48 but the Trophy did not pop up.

Trophy Status on PSN is still 47/48. Hopefully it gets patched soon.

• Like 1

Its not a borderlands game if all the bugs from the previous game dont come over for the sequel! There's day 1 UI bugs from Borderlands 3 that are in Wonderlands and the map marker and UI quest markers never work either. There's a patch at the end of the month but it's just sad to see things that were fixed in the previous game just get ported over smoother than anything else, you'd think they did some engine work but who knows what their doing over there.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to the last few Hot Fixes, the "Parasite Lost", "You, Esquire" and "So Much for That Guy" trophies now pop when they're supposed to in co-op :). Unfortunately, the "Gob Darn Good Work", "You Mean the Chaos Levels?" and "Controlled Chaos" trophies still have issues when done in co-op, plus the "At the Top of All Things", "Completionist is next to Godliness" and "The First Session"trophies are still dodgy as well.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 28.4.2022 at 5:37 PM, HuntingFever said:

Thanks to the last few Hot Fixes, the "Parasite Lost", "You, Esquire" and "So Much for That Guy" trophies now pop when they're supposed to in co-op :). Unfortunately, the "Gob Darn Good Work", "You Mean the Chaos Levels?" and "Controlled Chaos" trophies still have issues when done in co-op, plus the "At the Top of All Things", "Completionist is next to Godliness" and "The First Session"trophies are still dodgy as well.

You can do another Trial Run in your own Session at Chaos 20+ and the trophy will pop

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/05/2022 at 0:19 AM, HuntingFever said:

All you can do is either start over from scratch or wait and pray that Gearbox fixes it :(.

I started from scratch again after having this issue with my first character and left the ancient powers and the necromancer her quests till the end and still not worked, never played co-op no cross play and nothing, I opened a ticket with gearbox and they said it has been given to the correct team and then said the ticket was solved