[Solved]One of my purchased Vita game has expired since 1970/1/1??

aimeraya

Just now i downloaded Silent Hill Book of Memories. But when i wanted to launch the app a error message shows: your application has expired.

I checked its information and it says my game has expired since 1970/1/1? How could this happen? Any solution?

Thanks!

FPqBkvnUcAEt8SM?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by aimeraya

Have you sync'd your time/date on your Vita recently to make sure it's correct? If you haven't used it in a while, it's possible the battery was completely dead and lost track of the correct time. This is the only thing I can think of that could be the issue.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

Have you sync'd your time/date on your Vita recently to make sure it's correct? If you haven't used it in a while, it's possible the battery was completely dead and lost track of the correct time. This is the only thing I can think of that could be the issue.

Just like you said when i turned on my Vita today for the 1st time, it did let me adjust the time. After finding SHBOM couldn't launch due to the issue i mentionned above, i adjusted the time via network but still didn't work.

I downloaded another one purchased game Rocketbird 2, it launched without problem. Really weird. And i deleted SHBOM and redownloaded it again, still not working. 

10 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

Just saw someone else on r/PS3 having this issue with Street Fighter 4. Seems to be a growing problem.

Yeah from what I can tell, this only seems to be affecting people that have recently downloaded/re-downloaded games on PS3 and Vita. I had a check through some of mine and none of them even have an expiry date (sans the PS+ ones), but the last time I downloaded anything on PS3 or Vita was over a year ago now (if not longer, I don't remember).

It was only around 6 months ago that some people were reporting expiry dates for recently downloaded games that were stupidly high. This was around the same time some people were having issues downloading/renewing PS+ titles on Vita, and also around the same time that some were having issues downloading titles on Asian PSN accounts. That issue seems to have cropped up again recently as well, I'm not sure if it's related, but there definitely seems to be some issues going on server-side with Sony right now. Can only hope they eventually silently fix these issues as they have done with similar issues in the past year. Poor PS3 and Vita have had so many issues recently...

• Like 2

For whatever it's worth, Kotaku has now posted an article about this issue. Being Kotaku, it's clickbaity as hell and has some misinformation, but hopefully the coverage will mean Sony might actually have to pay attention to this a bit sooner...?

What's interesting though is based on the tweets linked in the article, someone who downloaded Chrono Cross on their PS3 was unable to play it (showed as expired), but it was fine on Vita. But for another person, it showed as expired on both and didn't work on either system. Definitely something up with the backend on Sony's servers somewhere I imagine.

1 hour ago, MercilessWaffle said:

For whatever it's worth, Kotaku has now posted an article about this issue. Being Kotaku, it's clickbaity as hell and has some misinformation, but hopefully the coverage will mean Sony might actually have to pay attention to this a bit sooner...?

What's interesting though is based on the tweets linked in the article, someone who downloaded Chrono Cross on their PS3 was unable to play it (showed as expired), but it was fine on Vita. But for another person, it showed as expired on both and didn't work on either system. Definitely something up with the backend on Sony's servers somewhere I imagine.

This reminds me another issue i've encounted.

2 months ago when i was trying to beat Blood Palace in DMC2 PS3, some information popped on my PS3 that my game was going to be expired in 30 minutes. I was shocked becauce the DMC HD Collection is one of my purchased game from my US account, too. As expected, i was kicked out of the game and my 2.5 hours Blood Palace progress was lost.

After that i checked over my DMC Collection's information which showed nothing for expiratioin date. Later i platinumed DMC2.

But now, i can't even enter SHBOM as the photo above, desperately.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, aimeraya said:

This reminds me another issue i've encounted.

2 months ago when i was trying to beat Blood Palace in DMC2 PS3, some information popped on my PS3 that my game was going to be expired in 30 minutes. I was shocked becauce the DMC HD Collection is one of my purchased game from my US account, too. As expected, i was kicked out of the game and my 2.5 hours Blood Palace progress was lost.

After that i checked over my DMC Collection's information which showed nothing for expiratioin date. Later i platinumed DMC2.

But now, i can't even enter SHBOM as the photo above, desperately.

That's very strange, not even sure what would cause that. I doubt it's related to the current issues since it seems to be a Unix Epoch problem (though as aforementioned, there's been other weird issues with PS3 and Vita downloads/authentication for the past year on and off), and the fact your collection didn't show any expiration date, yet "expired" while in-game is really odd.

Not sure how to explain that, other than it being some kind of weird rare glitch. Hopefully there's no more issues for you, and hopefully the current reverse Y2K situation gets resolved at some point.

Problem solved. I just left my Vita in drawer for a few days in standby mode today i turned it on and found out my SH:BOM hasn't no expiration date anymore.

I don't know if some synchronization has solved the problem or what.

Edited by aimeraya
  • Like 1

Stuff like this can be a result of the lack of firmware updates...it's the equivalent of code going stale, needs a refresh. People always joked about stability updates...this is what happens when we stop getting them

I literally just bought a Vita and it should be here tomorrow....and now I see this issue and the error code one popping up everywhere. I've got 160-ish PS+ Vita games at my disposal (figured it'd pay for itself), don't need this to be Sony's way of telling me I wasted my money on something that won't even work in a few months (if this gets worse).

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2