Can't obtain golden keys

hyperzone90

I dont have a solution, but I'm also running into this problem. I am hoping that they release more keys soon. There are some accounts on twitter that post shift codes as soon as they're available, so I've been keeping and eye on those. Over the last couple weeks they've only released Wonderlands keys, so hopefully BL3 gets some keys soon

Have you tried claiming these keys on the SHiFT website instead of in-game? I've not started Borderlands 3 yet but I decided to see if one of the codes would work on the website and it let me claim 3 keys for Borderlands 3. I'm assuming if I start Borderlands 3 then I can get those keys on my account because it's linked to my PSN account but hopefully this does work and allow me to have 3 keys when I play it. The problem might be that these keys are also allowed to be used on Borderlands 2, so if you did Borderlands 2 and claimed those keys for it maybe they're no-longer valid for your account on Borderlands 3. 

44 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Have you tried claiming these keys on the SHiFT website instead of in-game? I've not started Borderlands 3 yet but I decided to see if one of the codes would work on the website and it let me claim 3 keys for Borderlands 3. I'm assuming if I start Borderlands 3 then I can get those keys on my account because it's linked to my PSN account but hopefully this does work and allow me to have 3 keys when I play it. The problem might be that these keys are also allowed to be used on Borderlands 2, so if you did Borderlands 2 and claimed those keys for it maybe they're no-longer valid for your account on Borderlands 3. 

The keys for both games are separate. Meaning you cannot use keys you have claimed for Borderlands 2 and have them for use in Borderlands 3. Both games have unique keys (shift codes) tied to either game.

tl;dr

If you used a shift key to claim skeleton keys for Borderlands 2 for example, then you can only redeem them in Borderlands 2.The same applies for shift codes for Borderlands 3. 

Just now, x410xDragon said:

The keys for both games are separate. Meaning you cannot use keys you have claimed for Borderlands 2 and have them for use in Borderlands 3. Both games have unique keys (shift codes) tied to either game.

tl;dr

If you used a shift key to claim skeleton keys for Borderlands 2 for example, then you can only redeem them in Borderlands 2.The same applies for shift codes for Borderlands 3. 

When I claimed a public code on the SHiFT website, it asked if I wanted to claim it for Borderlands 2 or Borderlands 3. So the public codes let you choose which game you'd want the golden keys applied to, I just wonder if old Borderlands 2 codes that someone might have used in the past have now become valid for Borderlands 3 but because the codes are one time use per account maybe someone trying to use them for Borderlands 3 have no idea that they used it a long time ago for Borderlands 2 instead. 

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

When I claimed a public code on the SHiFT website, it asked if I wanted to claim it for Borderlands 2 or Borderlands 3. So the public codes let you choose which game you'd want the golden keys applied to, I just wonder if old Borderlands 2 codes that someone might have used in the past have now become valid for Borderlands 3 but because the codes are one time use per account maybe someone trying to use them for Borderlands 3 have no idea that they used it a long time ago for Borderlands 2 instead. 

Ah - I see what you mean. As far as I know, codes that were given for either Borderlands 2 or 3 could, in theory, still work for either game, but I cannot confirm that. Whenever I played the games, the codes I used were mainly given for the newest entry at the time; that being said, the suggestion you are making could in-fact work, but again, I am not 100% certain on that. 

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

Yes I have. After the codes were 'expired' when checking in-game I tried the SHiFT website. There the same codes were 'already redeemed'. Which is just not true. I have used about 3 codes on ps4 and all 6 permanent codes gave the same messages. This has lead me to believe there is something wrong with redeeming codes in-game that 'uses' the code, but gives an expired message while actually activating the code without giving keys. I reached out to SHiFT support they could not help me and referred me to the Borderlands twitter to look for new codes.

53 minutes ago, deadmanrising53 said:

Is it possible there is an issue with the shift itself? When I first attempted this a few months ago, it would give me the same error message, and I found out that the shift service was under maintenance. A few hours later, the codes worked fine.

The @SHiFTstatus twitter account did not mention anything related to maintenance. I will keep trying in the hopes it works

3 hours ago, Paco-001 said:

You have probably claimed the Shift codes for the PS4 version of the game. I did that too for some codes. All of them did not worked for me on the PS5 version no more. Lucky I did still had a code that I did not claim and it worked on the PS5 version just fine. You have to wait on a new code. Unfortunately the codes expire fairly quickly that Gearbox release through Twitter. So you must check regularly :((

Also did u try this SHIFT code:

5HWT3-ZCH6Z-KXWRZ-6JTBT-TH5KC

I had only used 3 codes on the ps4 version so idk what's up with that. That being said, your code worked! Thank you very much!! : )

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/6/2022 at 2:41 PM, Paco-001 said:

You have probably claimed the Shift codes for the PS4 version of the game. I did that too for some codes. All of them did not worked for me on the PS5 version no more. Lucky I did still had a code that I did not claim and it worked on the PS5 version just fine. You have to wait on a new code. Unfortunately the codes expire fairly quickly that Gearbox release through Twitter. So you must check regularly :((

Thank you so much! I was worried I wouldn't be able to platinum this. I claimed tons of codes on PS4 and spent 20 minutes looking for a working code

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 3:13 PM, hyperzone90 said:

I have used all codes I could find online, including the ones that are supposed to be permanent, but none seem te work. It says the code has expired. Could someone help me figure out how to get the key for the chest

5H533-9XT3T-FXWFZ-RJTTB-6FXKJ.  Should still work.  10 golden keys and a diamond key. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/04/2022 at 9:41 PM, Paco-001 said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I HAVE BEEN STUCK WITH TRYING TO FIND ONE FOR MONTHS NOW

R.54a95f507c9ddde5e4a91ce981db623a?rik=7

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 06/04/2022 at 10:41 PM, Paco-001 said:

I can confirm this still works as of today. Thanks a lot !

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

TBXJJ-T5JHB-6K3CW-TJ3J3-656J9 - Three Golden Keys (Expires May 18, 2023 — also redeemable for Three Golden Keys in Borderlands 2, and Three Skeleton Keys in Tiny Tina's Wonderlands).

ZFKJ3-TT3BB-JTBJT-T3JJT-JWX9H - 3 Golden Keys

HXKBT-XJ6FR-WBRKJ-J3TTB-RSBHR - 1 Golden Key

ZFKJ3-TT6FF-KTFKT-T3JJT-JWX36 - 1 Golden Key 

9XCBT-WBXFR-5TRWJ-JJJ33-TX53Z - 3 Golden Keys

ZRWBJ-ST6XR-CBFKT-JT3J3-FRXJ5 - 3 Golden Keys

Z65B3-JCXX6-5JXW3-3B33J-9SWT6 - 3 Golden Keys

• Like 3

• 3 months later...